Sponsored

Any Ideas of LT headers to put on my 2018 mustang gt

Mystangariel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt lighting blue
She already has corsa extremes on it im trying to see what would give me good performance gains along with tune as well as decent sound gains. Just let me know.
Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Not to jack your thread but maybe think in a slightly different direction?

If you are not going to forced induction, then consider a set of MAK cat deletes. The stock headers are pretty efficient, and the biggest bang for your exhaust buck will be (especially with a tune) ditching the CATs.

FYI, however, getting rid of the CATs will make your car much louder.

adam2017pp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
I add mbrp long tubes with no cats and wow a big difference and fitment was great. Car was also a lot louder

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
She already has corsa extremes on it im trying to see what would give me good performance gains along with tune as well as decent sound gains. Just let me know.
In a similar situation with my 18 and extremes. Considering catted long tubes with ff tune. Corsa has them for the 18 now. TSP seems to be a great deal. Kooks, SW and SP all sound good on earlier coyotes.

Waiting for some more lt vids for the 18.

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Not to jack your thread but maybe think in a slightly different direction?

If you are not going to forced induction, then consider a set of MAK cat deletes. The stock headers are pretty efficient, and the biggest bang for your exhaust buck will be (especially with a tune) ditching the CATs.

FYI, however, getting rid of the CATs will make your car much louder.
Am I the only one who has to worry about emissions testing? I live in regulations capitol Illinois where they regulate cow farts, not as bad as Cali but still pretty bad.

I don't think I could get away with cat-less considering I would need to install them every few years to pass.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Am I the only one who has to worry about emissions testing? I live in regulations capitol Illinois where they regulate cow farts, not as bad as Cali but still pretty bad.

I don't think I could get away with cat-less considering I would need to install them every few years to pass.
Thats why I am considering catted long tubes. That, and the smell, and a bit more refined sound with the extremes.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I just installed the MAK cat deletes and replaced the factory resonator with a Magnaflow Tru-X resonator on my 2018 GT. Very mellow and deep sound in normal mode. In quiet mode it's actually quieter than stock. I too was considering LT headers but ended up skipping even though I just ordered a Stage II procharger P1X kit last week. I talked with Erik Radzins at Procharger and he has been testing the factory exhaust with a procharger P1X on his personal 2018 GT. He measured exhaust back pressure and found that once he gutted the factory cats, there wasn't a real need for LT headers. I realize there's always power to be had by installing headers, but it seems there is an obvious point of diminishing returns here. Good luck!

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
You can baby step this all you want or just get it out of the way. I can’t say enough about LT headers (catless) H pipe and retrochamered exhaust! Stainless Works. The sound is amazing, I get so many compliments.

Just gonna leave this right here... :hail:
6A657E56-8234-4940-8B0F-939DB7C09859.jpeg

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
they are all great brands, we are running kooks on our 2018 car, they just did a full s550 redesign and come with o2's for 15-17 and 18+, however you will keep the factory neckdown

if you want to get rid of the neckdown, we have the corsa that is a direct fit, and can include 18 extensions for you,

arh also has a direct fit to remove the neckdown as well,

hit me up with any questions and we'll get you dialed in

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We're running the Kooks 1-7/8" headers on our car and they fit, sound and perform great. Kooks has been a premier brand here at Lethal for many years starting back with my 2003 cobra. Seems like a lifetime ago.

We also carry ARH, SW, Corsa and several other brands that could also work well for you.

Give us a call if you have any questions and make sure to keep an eye out for our Memorial Day sales which will released later this week. It's going to be a great opportunity to save some $$$.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]dcryqoUvIeQ[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]1GYKE5H6uW4[/MEDIA]"]

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I would highly suggest keeping the cats. Extremes with LTHs will be bananas loud already. Take off the cats and you might as well race at a Nascar track on Sunday.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
they are all great brands, we are running kooks on our 2018 car, they just did a full s550 redesign and come with o2's for 15-17 and 18+, however you will keep the factory neckdown

if you want to get rid of the neckdown, we have the corsa that is a direct fit, and can include 18 extensions for you,

arh also has a direct fit to remove the neckdown as well,

hit me up with any questions and we'll get you dialed in
Appreciate you including the info about the neck down. I saw the ARH LT with catted direct connect for Corsa on the 18 on your site but did not see the Corsa equivalent. How would you compare these two for fit, performance and sound for an 18 that already has extremes?