Sponsored

Any hope for the GT350 to continue in 2021 (Hear me out)

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Can he move to Luxembourg and just do Belgium on the weekends? I did a Battle of the Bulge tour in Belgium a few winters back, had a wonderful time. I do recall that in Luxembourg there were about 20 gas stations right in a row, just inside the border from Belgium. Lower taxes I presume?
Good question. Short answer is "yes, but..."

Luxembourg road tax is cheaper, because it's linear based on engine size and CO2. Belgium is exponential, so even tax on a GT seems punitive. So, annual fees would be cheaper.

Import fee is standard across the EU (10%) and homologation requirements vary a little by country, but are pretty standard as well (3-5K).

The VAT in LU is 4% cheaper (17% vice 21%). That's why people from Belgian, German (19%) and French (20%) border towns pop over to get gas and cigarettes. The "20 gas station effect" on the LU autobahn comes from the country being so small and being a thoroughfare. There are not quite as many as there seem, but more than needed for the actual residents.

But...the cost of living in LU overall is higher. So, it would probably balance out over time. Also, he would need justification to live there, just as a Luxembourg citizen would need justification to live in the U.S.

Bottom line, some places are cheaper than others (Belgium is on the high end), but a GT350 is more expensive to buy and own anywhere in Europe than it is anywhere in the U.S.

https://www.theparking.eu/used-cars/ford-mustang-luxembourg.html

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Just a question that I've been thinking about for a little bit. Im curious what everyone else thinks. Does anyone think Ford will continue to produce the GT350 in 2021 as a 2020 model year? (example: I believe other car companies have done this in the past, 2006 Viper). Besides the leaked 2021 build sheet does anyone have any info on Ford production moving away from the GT350's at the plant? Things like rolling the Gt500 changes into the 350 and production being halted with Covid have me wondering.

What are your thoughts!?
just got home from Track Attack they told us the GT 350 is done
Sponsored