Sponsored

Any hope for the GT350 to continue in 2021 (Hear me out)

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The craziness in California is only gonna cause it to self implode.
Yeah, the world's 5th largest economy will just shut down if they phase out ICE sales in a subset of the transportation sector over 20 years. I guess all of Europe will die off, too. :-/
Sponsored

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
Yeah, the world's 5th largest economy will just shut down if they phase out ICE sales in a subset of the transportation sector over 20 years. I guess all of Europe will die off, too. :-/
Was merely pointing out that, just because California has decided that it wants to put a time frame on stopping the sales of ICE vehicles 15 years from now doesn’t mean that the rest of the country is gonna be relegated to their way of thinking. At the moment the power grid in your 5th largest economy can’t even keep up. Never said anything about Europe either. In my opinion, when I visited family in Belgium last year it was a beautiful place to live. Might even consider living there if given the chance. California? No way on Earth you could make me want to live there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You can't charge Shelby prices for the Mach1 if the real thing is still being offered!

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
yeah, the same place that wants to secede from the united states and made it legal to defecate in the streets of san francisco because they dont want to "discriminate against homeless people".

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Was merely pointing out that, just because California has decided that it wants to put a time frame on stopping the sales of ICE vehicles 15 years from now doesn’t mean that the rest of the country is gonna be relegated to their way of thinking. At the moment the power grid in your 5th largest economy can’t even keep up. Never said anything about Europe either. In my opinion, when I visited family in Belgium last year it was a beautiful place to live. Might even consider living there if given the chance. California? No way on Earth you could make me want to live there.
Belgium, eh?

No diesel or petrol new company cars allowed after 2026, so starting the ICE draw-down 9 years earlier than CA.
Denmark, banning new ICE vehicle sales in 2030 and all ICE vehicle USE in 2035 (that one is pretty extreme)
France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, and many others all have similar rules on the books. CA isn't alone.

We should be glad; value of specialty ICE vehicles will only go up when people don't have a newer version to acquire.

I can see why you wouldn't want to leave FL and move to CA. You'd have to become productive. On average, every CA resident net pays $350 into the federal government, while every FL resident pulls $3,000 out. So you can thank 9 CA residents for subsidizing you, in addition to increasing the value of your used car.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
while every FL resident pulls $3,000 out
Not sure where you are getting these numbers from but my guess is we have just a couple of retirees here that live off social security.

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Just a question that I've been thinking about for a little bit. Im curious what everyone else thinks. Does anyone think Ford will continue to produce the GT350 in 2021 as a 2020 model year? (example: I believe other car companies have done this in the past, 2006 Viper). Besides the leaked 2021 build sheet does anyone have any info on Ford production moving away from the GT350's at the plant? Things like rolling the Gt500 changes into the 350 and production being halted with Covid have me wondering.

What are your thoughts!?
Nope, no hope at all.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34226316/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-gt350r-dead/

Sponsored

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
while every FL resident pulls $3,000 out.
Is that what non Floridians really think? Wow maybe I need a new tax guy because he’s obviously been filing my taxes in the wrong state. Those are some crazy claims your making there old bmw fanboy

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
A GT350 in Belgium costs 5-8k euro per year for road tax (depending on which part of the country it is). It also cost 3-5K to convert to pass inspection and 21% VAT and 10% import tax. Definitely not cheap. Economy is the size of Penn.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
A GT350 in Belgium costs 5-8k euro per year for road tax (depending on which part of the country it is). It also cost 3-5K to convert to pass inspection and 21% VAT and 10% import tax. Definitely not cheap. Economy is the size of Penn.
Can he move to Luxembourg and just do Belgium on the weekends? I did a Battle of the Bulge tour in Belgium a few winters back, had a wonderful time. I do recall that in Luxembourg there were about 20 gas stations right in a row, just inside the border from Belgium. Lower taxes I presume?

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Can he move to Luxembourg and just do Belgium on the weekends? I did a Battle of the Bulge tour in Belgium a few winters back, had a wonderful time. I do recall that in Luxembourg there were about 20 gas stations right in a row, just inside the border from Belgium. Lower taxes I presume?
That's like bottle shops in Delaware and NJ, across the border from Philadelphia. Or fireworks shops in IN across from Chicago. People will always find a way to satisfy demand! Note to those in SE PA: if you do large-volume liquor runs to NJ or DE, use different routes going and coming. I have seen cops pull over cars that cross the border and return within an hour and do a check for a trunkful of booze.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Is that what non Floridians really think? Wow maybe I need a new tax guy because he’s obviously been filing my taxes in the wrong state. Those are some crazy claims your making there old bmw fanboy
It's a pretty simple metric, total federal tax paid by state residents less total federal dollars disbursed to the state. Because our government redistributes funding through programs, some states are net suppliers and some are net consumers of tax money. FL is one of the larger net consumers on a per-capita basis. Beware of averages, and of course individual contributors vary. (Of course it's all public data, so you can verify if you want.)

Anyway, it rubs me wrong when people pan CA without realizing that CA heavily subsidizes much of the country. Seems sort of ungrateful.
Sponsored