Sponsored

Any gt500 style bumpers that fit right??

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
My bumper has holes in it for a front plate that i dont need in Michigan. Looking to replace it and was interested in the gt500 bumper. But it seams to me at least they all have fitment issues. From the belly pan not fitting right to the fender well liners not fitting anymore and body lone gaps. For $1,000 bumper it should fit very well imo. Its not some $200 part afterall.

Is there any that do fit like they should?

Otherwise i might look into a mach1 bumper.
Sponsored

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So I got the 777 bumper and it pretty much seems to fit perfectly. The body shop said they had to do a few minor fixes on it, but nothing major. There IS an issue with it though, and it's just under the headlights. There is about a 1/4" gap between the headlight lenses and the bumper. It seems to be a bit bigger on the passenger side than the driver side. This doesn't bother me too much because I had planned to potentially make a bezel or something there to cover the yellow reflector anyway. Most people black this out with a vinyl sticker, but I thought an actual plastic piece might be better. That will likely cover the gap. I'll include pictures of the gap on the 777 bumper, along with some other photos of it so you can see the positive in the fitment! The bodyshop did a great job IMO

gap.jpg
gap2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
So I got the 777 bumper and it pretty much seems to fit perfectly. The body shop said they had to do a few minor fixes on it, but nothing major. There IS an issue with it though, and it's just under the headlights. There is about a 1/4" gap between the headlight lenses and the bumper. It seems to be a bit bigger on the passenger side than the driver side. This doesn't bother me too much because I had planned to potentially make a bezel or something there to cover the yellow reflector anyway. Most people black this out with a vinyl sticker, but I thought an actual plastic piece might be better. That will likely cover the gap. I'll include pictures of the gap on the 777 bumper, along with some other photos of it so you can see the positive in the fitment! The bodyshop did a great job IMO

gap.jpg
gap2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg
Thank you. I wonder if there is wiggle room on the headlights. I have not messed with those at all.

How is the belly pan and wheel well liner fitment?

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I wonder if there is wiggle room on the headlights. I have not messed with those at all.

How is the belly pan and wheel well liner fitment?
I looked underneath yesterday because I was trying to find a way to get to the back of the grille with out taking the front off (I want to reinstall the pony emblem on the front) and the belly pan seemed buttoned up tight from first impressions. I'll have a look and post some photos of it when I get home from work today!

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
I looked underneath yesterday because I was trying to find a way to get to the back of the grille with out taking the front off (I want to reinstall the pony emblem on the front) and the belly pan seemed buttoned up tight from first impressions. I'll have a look and post some photos of it when I get home from work today!
Much appreciated.