Sponsored

Any good cruising roads on Long Island, NY?

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I know I may be asking the impossible, but I'm looking for some good winding backroads on LI to go cruising on. Everytime I go somewhere, I'm constantly stuck in traffic. Just no fun with a high perfomance, manual transmission car.
Anyone local have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Periokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Z51 HTC, 2022 GT3
Where are you on the Island? The North Shore eastern LI is probably your best bet.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Wow... I completely misunderstood the question in the title... 😛

4DEEF74C-B2E5-45E9-A430-3A182515E489.jpeg

dem00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Ruby Red
One of the reasons I moved was due to the lack of driving roads in Long Island. I grew up in Nassau, spent 22 years there.

Anyways...your best bet is to go up north. Bear Mountain has some nice roads, over there is a road called Storm King Hwy. That's where all the car magazines go to test the sports car when they're stuck in NY. It's a small piece of road, but it's quite nice, but if you mess up...you'll be swimming with the fishes. Upstate NY is where are all the nice roads, when you don't see the concrete and it all starts to get green, you can have fun there.

If you want to stay on the Island, I'd go west near Greenport. I have no roads in particular there I'd recommend, but the roads are curvy. Be mindful of the weekends, as the wine crowd heads down there and drives slow.

After you get bored of those, sign up for a track day at NJMP or NYST or Limerock or Watkins Glen. Long Island is near some nice tracks, albeit 2+ hours drives with high potential for traffic...

Good luck and don't forget half of the adventure is finding new roads yourself and recording them for future use.

Sponsored

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
Ok so just some friendly advice. If planning on venturing off to the north fork wine counrty for some sporty driving, be well aware of southold town police. They are their own municipality and make up their own laws like a crooked mayberry. If you are not a local and or not related or friends to anyone on the police force, you can and WILL be arrested and vehicle impounded. I know this because i live out here and now have to travel west out of this area when i feel the urge to unleash the beast. Hope this info saved someone a night in jail and a bunch of money that could of went to more go fast parts! Safe travels.

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Northern Blvd is a nice cruise from mid Nassau out to Suffolk. There's a lot of little roads on the northern side that loop around. Explore from Roslyn heading east. One of the best I found was in the Lloyd Harbor area.

Snake Hill Road (not my video):

There's a ton of roads like this that wind their way around the north shore, you just have to go looking for them.
I did the Snake Hill rd today. Very intense, especially when coming from other direction, but also very short. About 30 secs long. Need more.
Sponsored