Sponsored

Any Ford Engineers or Parts Pros Here with Magneride Experience?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Hoping to get some insight into how the damper tuning was managed between the models where it was available. I'm guessing that my '18 EBPP tuning is pretty similar to '18+ GTPP, but the PP2 may be it's own animal, and the '16+ GT350/R's are different still.

Ideally I'd like to learn what the electronic tuning changes look like, and whether / how much differences there is in the hardware. I've heard that damper valving is different in the 350/R, but haven't tried to verify that with PN's yet.

Also, how much compatibility is there between MR systems across the platform?

Thanks!
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
The PP1 GT tuning is different from the PP2 since they have different springs and sway bars. However the tuning between the PP2 and 350R seems to be the same. If you check out the Ford Performance parts Magnaride lowering kit, it comes with new and stiffer springs, thicker sway bars, and a suspension tuner for non PP2, and GT350 cars.

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
The PP1 GT tuning is different from the PP2 since they have different springs and sway bars. However the tuning between the PP2 and 350R seems to be the same. If you check out the Ford Performance parts Magnaride lowering kit, it comes with new and stiffer springs, thicker sway bars, and a suspension tuner for non PP2, and GT350 cars.
I've looked at that kit and I'm following the big thread here as folks install it and chime in with their experiences. It's interesting to me that the PP2 doesn't have the GT350 springs, but apparently has something similar to the GT350 MR tuning. That doesn't make sense to me at all since the PP2 springs aren't much different than PP1 springs (13-20%), but the GT350 springs are substantially heavier in the rear than even the PP2, and the 350R fronts are like 45% heavier than PP1. Maybe that just means the PP2/350 MR tune is flexible enough to handle a wide range of spring rates

My goal is to upgrade all my suspension to 350R specs short of the CF wheels, so my curiosity here is to see how the different VDM's are programmed between PP1, PP2, 350, and 350R. I don't want to mess with non-factory parts because I want to end up with a ride height about the same as a stock GT350. I drive this car daily and need to be able to navigate my driveway without dragging the splitter several times a day.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My goal is to upgrade all my suspension to 350R specs short of the CF wheels, so my curiosity here is to see how the different VDM's are programmed between PP1, PP2, 350, and 350R.
nobody at ford is going to give you the different maps - it's proprietary information. Your only options are to suck it up - you bought into whatever Ford decided to put in your car; or you go buy a DSC controller and write your own maps.

Or get hired as a suspension/chassis dynamics engineer by Ford and be your own industrial spy.

And what would be the point of grabbing the tables/algorithms from a 350R when your wheels aren't remotely the same weight as the carbons?

The only other way is to buy the MR controllers from all the cars you want to evaluate, dump the firmware and the tables and reverse engineer the whole shebang. Good luck with that.

If you wanted GOOD magneride factory maps, should have bought a Camaro.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
TeeLew has been playing with the MR calibration in the CAM-C thread, I’ve been following that since he’s doing some really cool things with his ecoboost. BTW I asked FP about the calibration in their handling kit, specifically compatibility with the ecoboost, the tech’s response “the website says it works with all Mustangs”, I was hoping for a better technical answer so I’m not too confident in this kit for the ecoboost currently.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
R does have different struts and shocks than other mag ride cars.

PP2 and GT350 have similar suspension tuning. The part numbers on my struts and shocks (pp1) are the same as GT350.

I emailed DSC sport about specifically tuning my car or other mag ride cars not GT350 cars. But nothing. I'm curious about tuning the shocks/struts for drag racing.

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
TeeLew has been playing with the MR calibration in the CAM-C thread, I’ve been following that since he’s doing some really cool things with his ecoboost. BTW I asked FP about the calibration in their handling kit, specifically compatibility with the ecoboost, the tech’s response “the website says it works with all Mustangs”, I was hoping for a better technical answer so I’m not too confident in this kit for the ecoboost currently.
I've been watching TeeLew's journey as well since it looks like we're aiming for similar outcomes with an autoX focus. I'm also interested in the work he's doing with the DSC product as well. That's not a product I will focus on until I get the rest of the suspension where I want it, but I can see it in the future.

I would wager that the FP calibration would be fine in an EB that also used the kit springs and sways. Unfortunately, EB's are not a whole lot lighter than any other S550, so the calibration is probably fine. If I could buy just the tuning component for $200 I would have it already...

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I've been watching TeeLew's journey as well since it looks like we're aiming for similar outcomes with an autoX focus. I'm also interested in the work he's doing with the DSC product as well. That's not a product I will focus on until I get the rest of the suspension where I want it, but I can see it in the future.

I would wager that the FP calibration would be fine in an EB that also used the kit springs and sways. Unfortunately, EB's are not a whole lot lighter than any other S550, so the calibration is probably fine. If I could buy just the tuning component for $200 I would have it already...
Agree, I would be interested in the calibration alone.

ranf87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
BMW F32 428i, Alfa Romeo Duetto '73, F430
Hi.
I'm a new user from Italy.
Excuse me if my english is not good.
I'm very intrested to replace my daily car BMW 428i with a new 5.0 GT.
For me is very very important the performance of chassis but in my country I can't buy shelby 350 or any PP for GT. we can only order 1 model of GT with all optional included. The only optionals are Recaro seats, carbon pack, magneride and metallic paint.
I think that order the magneride is better but for best chassis performance (near a shelby 350) wich kit I have to mount?
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...eride-mustang-ecoboost-gt-2018-2021/p/M9602M/
or
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...gt350-gt350r-2015-2020-gt-2018-2021/p/M5700N/
the fist one sounds good becouse have also a new software calibration for magneride but the second seems an upgrade also for shelby 350.

thank for any help.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think that order the magneride is better but for best chassis performance (near a shelby 350) wich kit I have to mount?
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...eride-mustang-ecoboost-gt-2018-2021/p/M9602M/
you can't apply a 'gt350' tune to a EB/GT controller. Well, if your hacking skills are good you could probably pull it off, but short of that...

The Chassis on the GT350 blows just as much as it does on GT. You have to do all the IRS bracing and bushings to get a good-handling car no matter the trim level.

Sponsored

ranf87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
The Chassis on the GT350 blows just as much as it does on GT. You have to do all the IRS bracing and bushings to get a good-handling car no matter the trim level.
Thanks.
Is there a ford performance kit with all "the IRS bracing and bushings"?
Becouse in Italy there aren't any specialized garage in Mustang and Ford retailer can't order spare parts of shelby line.
My only hope is order myself any kit in USA with Installation guide.

P.S. if i can't apply gt350 tune, the " MagneRide Performance Pack VDM Software Upgrade " included in the ford perfomance kit what is? A midium version between GT350 and any GT with PP?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.
Is there a ford performance kit with all "the IRS bracing and bushings"?
no.
consult the Steeda and BMR parts catalog. Plus there are many, many threads on how to fix the chassis performance.

A midium version between GT350 and any GT with PP?
nobody knows.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

This would be the kit you want for a GT. It's as close as you can get to a GT350 suspension wise with a GT.
You could wait for the 2021 Mach 1 to come out in the spring. It's supposed to be sold world wide, and it's probably as close as you're going to get to GT350 without the 5.2.
^ this

im so torn between keeping my car, getting a mach 1 when they come out, or going to a 2ss 1le

ranf87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
no.
consult the Steeda and BMR parts catalog. Plus there are many, many threads on how to fix the chassis performance.

nobody knows.
Thank you very much!
Steeda have also european dealer!

I'm looking some threads and i think understand that a GT with PP2 is very similar to a GT350 chassis..
But in Italy (I think that we have the same version of Germany, usually UK have different pack) our version is like GT, GT PP1 or GT PP2?
Reading the datasheet i think like PP1 but with PP2 torsen. Correct?
Sponsored