Sponsored

Any Experiences? Procharger 18+ Mustang 5.0 HO Intercooled System with Factory Airbox and P-1SC-1 (50 STATE LEGAL) Product 1FW611-SCI

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Hi I have been looking around and have yet to find any reviews of this product, Procharger makes a carb legal system now for California, the main difference is the factory airbox is re-used. Anyone have experience with this version?

It appears it also clears the ACC module better since the head unit is now on the passenger side and no air filter in the fender.

The installation does seem make some irreversible to stock modifications if you upgrade to the P1x, the stock coolant tank bracket mount must be cut out, though. It also looks like some factory PCV hoses must also be sliced up as well.

I wonder about the fuel pump booster splicing away factory wires, is this easily returnable to stock?
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I actually have a CARB kit on my personal 2017 GT. However its virtually identical to the one for yours. The small items that you modify are easily purchased to place back to 100% stock if needed.

- Plastic parts are all cheap
- The fuel pump booster, can be removed with a single connection redone

I just did one on a 2020 the other day, it made a little over 600 wheel on a DynoJet and 91 octane.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I actually have a CARB kit on my personal 2017 GT. However its virtually identical to the one for yours. The small items that you modify are easily purchased to place back to 100% stock if needed.

- Plastic parts are all cheap
- The fuel pump booster, can be removed with a single connection redone

I just did one on a 2020 the other day, it made a little over 600 wheel on a DynoJet and 91 octane.
Does it come with a carbon fiber elbow or black? some photos in the instructions show a carbon one while I see a black one and a hyrbid shorter one?

pch-1fw611-sci_xl.jpg

Capture 1.JPG

4241-large_default.jpg

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Comes with a Carbon one. I really need to go take better photos, I just been slammed and forgot all about it!
Thanks for the response, any experiences installing these on a car with Adaptive Cruise Control ACC and if it affects the ACC sensor ? I seem to think the race intercooler upgrade looks like it goes past where the ACC bracket would be?

Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I actually just got the stage 2 version of this same kit. I just need some free time to install it now. I liked the look of the kit with the carbon fiber intake, close to stock appearing, and the fact that it was 50 state legal. More and more states are adopting CARB laws, so that played a part in my decision. I've had issues in the past getting cars to pass our annual emissions tests.

Does the HO version come with the fuel pump booster? The regular non-carb HO kit does not. I thought it was only on the stage 2 kits.

Also, it's worth noting that you might as well go with the stage 2 kit. Just my opinion. There really isn't much of a difference other than pulley size and IC. The stage 2 carb kit does not use a dedicated drive like the regular kit. It's a shared drive, just like the HO kits. The downside is this could actually be a limiting factor if you want to make crazy power out of this kit. You're at the mercy of the stock tensioner and 6 rib setup. I'm sure you can upgrade, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of getting a street legal kit anyhow.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I actually just got the stage 2 version of this same kit. I just need some free time to install it now. I liked the look of the kit with the carbon fiber intake, close to stock appearing, and the fact that it was 50 state legal. More and more states are adopting CARB laws, so that played a part in my decision. I've had issues in the past getting cars to pass our annual emissions tests.

Does the HO version come with the fuel pump booster? The regular non-carb HO kit does not. I thought it was only on the stage 2 kits.

Also, it's worth noting that you might as well go with the stage 2 kit. Just my opinion. There really isn't much of a difference other than pulley size and IC. The stage 2 carb kit does not use a dedicated drive like the regular kit. It's a shared drive, just like the HO kits. The downside is this could actually be a limiting factor if you want to make crazy power out of this kit. You're at the mercy of the stock tensioner and 6 rib setup. I'm sure you can upgrade, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of getting a street legal kit anyhow.
Well I have yet to see the actual HO kit, and if the fuel pump booster is used or not, I have the manual that seems to look combined to both kits and to go if you have a p-1x, complete this step...... if you have the Stage 2 intercooler... go to this step.. but once going to the fuel pump booster, It does not state for those equipped with or stage 2 or HO etc. just goes straight to how to install and set it up.

I just want conservative and strictly no higher than 91 octane, so I am looking at the HO. I just want 500-600 whp or 600-700 crank hp range with something simple and easy on the engine.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well I have yet to see the actual HO kit, and if the fuel pump booster is used or not, I have the manual that seems to look combined to both kits and to go if you have a p-1x, complete this step...... if you have the Stage 2 intercooler... go to this step.. but once going to the fuel pump booster, It does not state for those equipped with or stage 2 or HO etc. just goes straight to how to install and set it up.

I just want conservative and strictly no higher than 91 octane, so I am looking at the HO. I just want 500-600 whp or 600-700 crank hp range with something simple and easy on the engine.
There is no fuel pump booster on the h.o carb kit for 15-17 not sure about 18+.
the kit will satisfy your goals no problem. The 15-17 h.o carb kit comes with the stage2 intercooler

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

The h.o carb kit with 6rib will make 700whp. After that you can get a griptec pulley there is a tensioner upgrade also. Then there is the 8rib Setup you can swap to. You can do all this and still not get bothered by cops because you have that little sticker that says the E.O number. If you are in California this is the only kit you can get and only with a P1sc or P1x that’s all

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
The h.o carb kit with 6rib will make 700whp. After that you can get a griptec pulley there is a tensioner upgrade also. Then there is the 8rib Setup you can swap to. You can do all this and still not get bothered by cops because you have that little sticker that says the E.O number. If you are in California this is the only kit you can get and only with a P1sc or P1x that’s all
Folks that turn up the 6 rib kits are doing the same as folks do with the brand "V" or "P" kits, and they add overdrive balancers and griptech pulleys. I am sure folks can make PLENTY of HP with a P1X CARB KIT... I know @beefcake has experience in this.

I plan on pushing mine pretty far in spring. (Mine is stock 2017 CARB STG2 KIT NOW)

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I was just told by ProCharger that if you upgrade to the bullet/race red valve etc. any BOV other than the included pro flow, the kit is now no longer Carb legal, not that you could get caught, but it could be hard to avoid if you got some loud TIAL Q etc. :p

So the kit has to be the complete version, not the tuner version and can only upgrade the intercooler or add the quieter helical gears or choose different surface finish of some parts.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was just told by ProCharger that if you upgrade to the bullet/race red valve etc. any BOV other than the included pro flow, the kit is now no longer Carb legal, not that you could get caught, but it could be hard to avoid if you got some loud TIAL Q etc. :p

So the kit has to be the complete version, not the tuner version and can only upgrade the intercooler or add the quieter helical gears or choose different surface finish of some parts.
Yes any modification to the kit technically makes it no longer legal but those Parts can always be saved and put back

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yes any modification to the kit technically makes it no longer legal but those Parts can always be saved and put back
How often does the filter off the pro flow valve on this kit need to be cleaned? same intervals as the engine air filter? unlike the non carb ones, it seems easier to clean the engine air filter since the stock box is used, but the pro flow air filter is still installed in the passenger side fender, which would need wheel well access.

Last edited:

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Keep in mind the MAF moves location in this specific kit and is not preferable (some will not even tune) for any aftermrket tuning. If you are always to keep the Procharger dedicated tune and whatnot, it'll be a non-issue.
Sponsored