Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Should land in April then all the orders and 6 months holding stock comes in then. They keep enough stock in a central facility i believe and the dealers draw from it.
Thats is probably how the Auto industry works, however the Customer is Not the Dealer, and Not everyone is happy with Dealer Chosen Colours & Options - especially me!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Thats is probably how the Auto industry works, however the Customer is Not the Dealer, and Not everyone is happy with Dealer Chosen Colours & Options - especially me!!
Its a little different down here we don't get as many options. MagnaRIde & shadow pack plus just the 4 models Gt, Gt convertible, ecoboost and ecoboost convertible. Theres no endless list of options. Its "This is what you'll have".

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Its a little different down here we don't get as many options. MagnaRIde & shadow pack plus just the 4 models Gt, Gt convertible, ecoboost and ecoboost convertible. Theres no endless list of options. Its "This is what you'll have".
No different for me (NSW Australia), and you have omitted Recaro Seats, Rear Spoilers (x7), Wheel options (x3), OT Stripes - Black or White, Side Stripes Black or White, Lowered Suspension, 10 Paint Colours.
Many Dealers order stock to their own preferences - which they falsely assume are universal in appeal, and as I could not find anything that came close to my personal preferences in stock in Australia, I hade to order a build, and endure the wait like everyone else.

Last edited:

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
No different for me (NSW Australia), and you have omitted Recaro Seats, Rear Spoilers (x7), Wheel options (x3), OT Stripes - Black or White, Side Stripes Black or White, Lowered Suspension, 10 Paint Colours.
Many Dealers order stock to their own preferences - which they falsely assume are universal in appeal, and as I could not find anything that came close to my personal preferences in stock in Australia, I hade to order a build, and endure the wait like everyone else.
I intentionally missed them as there is a longer list thats available in the US then here. B&O sound system is one that would have been nice.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I intentionally missed them as there is a longer list thats available in the US then here. B&O sound system is one that would have been nice.
Regardless of the US options, we still have a number of options that need to align - including colour. In addition, we get the B&O 1,000W 12 Speaker system Standard in Australia. :)

Sponsored

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
Regardless of the US options, we still have a number of options that need to align - including colour. In addition, we get the B&O 1,000W 12 Speaker system Standard in Australia. :)
Wow it just shows you how little my dealer knew and he said he'd been there 30 years. I asked him about the B&O stereo and he told me no not even an option. I went stock as my wife got sick of the $10k i through into my Stinger on mods.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Wow it just shows you how little my dealer knew and he said he'd been there 30 years. I asked him about the B&O stereo and he told me no not even an option. I went stock as my wife got sick of the $10k i through into my Stinger on mods.
The B&O Audio replaced (superceded) the "Shaker Pro 390W" Sound System in Australia with the MY19 - from a Compliance Date of Oct2018. (that is how you can tell a MY19 from a MY18 - a lot MY18s are falsely advertised on the used market as MY19)

Check out the Ford Aust Mustang Website (its still only MY2020) Sports Cars - 2020 Ford Mustang GT & High Performance - Ford Australia "With Mustang's 1000W B&O PLAYTM Premium Audio System you won’t just hear your music, you’ll experience it, all thanks to 12 speakers, including the in-boot subwoofer". It is also listed on the PDF Brochure in standard Specs.

From PDF Brochure - Specs:

"Audio & Communication (S=Standard inclusion)
8" Capacitive Touch Screen S S S S
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration1. S S S S
B&O PLAY 1,000W 12 Speaker Sound System with Amplifier and Subwoofer S S S S
Bluetooth® Mobile Phone Integration8. S S S S
SYNC® 3 connectivity system with Applink 3.0 and enhanced voice control9. S S S S
Safety, Security & Driver Assistance"

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
holy crap... 26 days to deliver within the country. This probably means I'm not getting my until mid-April.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I am debating buying a 2020 on the lot now, or waiting till 2021.

Does anyone have any guesses at when Ford will start to incent the 2021s?
I understand there is a shortage of used cars and lots of 2020s still out there so...October?

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Update for me... i ended up ordering one yesterday. After going to various dealerships for pricing, i ended up with the dealership i have trusted the most over the years as the X plan ended up being my best route. Its hard to negotiate pricing when you are ordering a 2021 with low 2020 inventories to begin with :).

The dealer said delivery could take up to 18 weeks; he doesn't see that happening but its worse case scenario.

I order a 2021 GT in Carbonized Gray with 401A, auto, and black accent package! The boss lady got a bit confused as we test drove a very similiar car with active exhaust and was glad i was getting that...but... its not a mustang if it isnt loud, and ill be ripping the stock one out and going with a catback roush anyway!
Sponsored