Sponsored

Any ETA on 2021 Build & Price?

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
I am excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang GT Fastback has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of March 8 2021.

I received an e-mail today from Ford with a build date and I’m curious how long does it take to build it and when I could expect to take delivery. When I placed my order 12/27 I was expecting late April early May.
The build date is final assembly. It will actually start being built a few days before that (body produced and assembled, paint, shop, etc). You can track progress through several links you can find in this forum (I don’t remember them offhand)

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Mine's made the production list i guess thats a step forward. They'll probably do a batch of RH drive when they've got enough orders?

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Ordered mine second week of December and still no production date. Maybe convertibles take longer?
I don't understand why a few weeks would make such a large difference. I placed a convertible order on 11/16, build was scheduled on 11/19 and build completed 1/11/21. Currently scheduled to ship next week.

Sponsored

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand why a few weeks would make such a large difference. I placed a convertible order on 11/16, build was scheduled on 11/19 and build completed 1/11/21. Currently scheduled to ship next week.
Are you located in North America? Maybe thats why your turn around is quick? Being in Australia and having a RH drive i might think may take longer. Just throwing the convertible thing out there because they are not as popular.

Last edited:

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Are you located in North America? Maybe thats why your turn around is quick? Being in Australia and having a RH drive i might think may take longer. Just throwing the convertible thing out there because they are not as possible.
Well, that explains it. Yes, I'm in California.

Let's hope Ford gets that car to you soon.

Lenny

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
Well, that explains it. Yes, I'm in California.

Let's hope Ford gets that car to you soon.

Lenny
Thankyou, got quoted April, apparently Ford ship to Australia twice a year April and November.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Thankyou, got quoted April, apparently Ford ship to Australia twice a year April and November.
I am in the same "boat" so to speak......certainly hope mine is in the April Shipment, I have an Estimated Delivery of 01 May (Sydney Aust'), however the dealer just told me it could be earlier ....yes earlier! I will believe that when I see it !! lol.

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
@Topdown
Are you located in North America? Maybe thats why your turn around is quick? Being in Australia and having a RH drive i might think may take longer. Just throwing the convertible thing out there because they are not as popular.
It does not explain my situation, though. I'm in WA. Placed the order on 12/9, receive a note on 1/7 that the build was scheduled 3/15. That's quite a wait!

Sponsored

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
I am in the same "boat" so to speak......certainly hope mine is in the April Shipment, I have an Estimated Delivery of 01 May (Sydney Aust'), however the dealer just told me it could be earlier ....yes earlier! I will believe that when I see it !! lol.
Should land in April then all the orders and 6 months holding stock comes in then. They keep enough stock in a central facility i believe and the dealers draw from it.

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Does anyone know and have an idea on when the build sheet will be updated on Ford's site/2021 model will hit the dealers? Needless to say, I think we are all waiting for a new stang.....