Sponsored

Any ETA on 2021 Build & Price?

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Hi All,

It's been quite a while since we have seen 2021 order forms and the builder has still not yet gone live on Ford's website. Does anyone have an indication on when this will occur? I'm waiting to price out my builds to various dealerships, but really want to see the 'official' build options and prices prior to doing so.
Sponsored

donnytsunami

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Also curious about this since I will be ordering a ‘21 GT. Would be awesome to know an ETA but it’s prob hard to know with covid and Ford changing up their schedule..

LeoYasuo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Their schedules are a little bit out of place. The order was supposed to open on October 12th, but there still isn't a public order guide available. The order guide we currently have is the dealer version. I think the build and price was live this time last year, so this year Ford definitely has some turbulence.

I'm waiting to order a 2021 as well.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I was going to order a 2021 but got tired of waiting on the order guide. Ended up buying a 2020 for 14% off MSRP.

LeoYasuo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Silly how we can place down an order but not build the car online. Dealers in my area don't want the hassle of configuring a car on paper, and would rather sell one of their 50 cars already on the lot.

Sponsored

donnytsunami

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Silly how we can place down an order but not build the car online. Dealers in my area don't want the hassle of configuring a car on paper, and would rather sell one of their 50 cars already on the lot.
Yeah it’s kinda dumb but production starts in like 2 months so they’ll probably have it up soon, hopefully.

LeoYasuo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
On https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.html, it shows Mustang order acceptance starts on October 12th, and production begins on January 4th, both of which are accurate. Additionally, it shows "scheduling" begins on November 19th, a week before Thanksgiving. I'm pretty optimistic Build and price will come out before then.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Still crazy how we have nothing online. Here hoping that Thanksgiving is the point that it updates

Last edited:

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Still crazy how we have nothing online. Here hoping that Thanksgiving is the point that it updates
You're not the only one impatiently waiting. I sold my Mustang back in Sept. I know I could go to the dealer now and order but I prefer the build & price option. Regardless, production won't start till the first of the year so realistically I probably wont be taking delivery till late Spring anyways.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
You're not the only one impatiently waiting. I sold my Mustang back in Sept. I know I could go to the dealer now and order but I prefer the build & price option. Regardless, production won't start till the first of the year so realistically I probably wont be taking delivery till late Spring anyways.
Yup, i prefer the same so i can go to the dealer and order exactly what i want without any 'mistakes' and have a baseline for pricing. Timing wise I want mine in the spring too!

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Yup, i prefer the same so i can go to the dealer and order exactly what i want without any 'mistakes' and have a baseline for pricing. Timing wise I want mine in the spring too!
I hear ya there. Plenty of good deals on 2020s but nothing to my liking that I've found. This is a one shot deal as I want the car with the options I want and I won't compromise from that. At the moment I'm on the fence as to what color I'll be ordering....I'm leaning towards Twister Orange but that could change with these new colors coming out.

paradigm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am debating buying a 2020 on the lot now, or waiting till 2021.

Does anyone have any guesses at when Ford will start to incent the 2021s?
Sponsored