Sponsored

Any Concerns/Issues For ESS, Vortech, Pro-Charger Systems, 800-850rwhp? I Decide This week

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Yep, I tried emailing Brecin and no response. As
ESS have revised their latest kits with cheaper cast parts now rather than milled/machined. Might be a factor for new customers. Existing customers will have the original kits.

Also read that the main guy Brevin has left. Don’t know why or how but he seemed tl be the link between the community and the company as far as I can tell.
What parts has ESS went cheap on? I know their head unit you have to order the X trim for the upgraded impeller. Anything else? For me, I am not brand loyal, quality, reliability, customer service when things go wrong, is my top priority
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
something else to keep in mind on the odin, is that we have a custom program, as were talking about kits, with vmp, for their tuner kits that only we offer, so if your wanting better fueling, and custom tuning that is a great option as well

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
ESS have revised their latest kits with cheaper cast parts now rather than milled/machined. Might be a factor for new customers. Existing customers will have the original kits.

Also read that the main guy Brevin has left. Don’t know why or how but he seemed tl be the link between the community and the company as far as I can tell.
But at least the ESS website still states that the components are Billet, and they are still charging the same price as everyone that got Billet kits.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
But at least the ESS website still states that the components are Billet, and they are still charging the same price as everyone that got Billet kits.
something else to keep in mind on the odin, is that we have a custom program, as were talking about kits, with vmp, for their tuner kits that only we offer, so if your wanting better fueling, and custom tuning that is a great option as well
Is Odin the old Roots Type with teflon tipped rotors? or screw type like Whipple?
** How is the Heat Soak controlled, I do not want to be limited by a FI system which goes into limp mode after a few hard pulls on the street like some Rouch owners say theirs FI do?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Is Odin the old Roots Type with teflon tipped rotors? or screw type like Whipple?
** How is the Heat Soak controlled, I do not want to be limited by a FI system which goes into limp mode after a few hard pulls on the street like some Rouch owners say theirs FI do?
Your thinking of the old Roush stuff. Crazy inefficiency.

This is TVS Technology, Rotors made by Eaton, latest and greatest technology. Same as used on the new gt500 and the caddy V.

Custom designed case for VMP with proper intercoolers, for repeatable performance.

We normally do the custom packages with the triple pass heat exchanger.

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a VMP Gen2R and triple pass heat exchanger on my '09 GT500. It was very good at not getting heat soaked, even in the dog days of summer. The Odin/Loki head unit and intercooler is supposed to be very efficient. So you certainly won't have the issues like the old Roush's did.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Your thinking of the old Roush stuff. Crazy inefficiency.

This is TVS Technology, Rotors made by Eaton, latest and greatest technology. Same as used on the new gt500 and the caddy V.

Custom designed case for VMP with proper intercoolers, for repeatable performance.

We normally do the custom packages with the triple pass heat exchanger.
Thanks. So the Heat soak so many people had in the past who had/have them, making hard back to back street pulls isn't an issue anymore?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thanks. So the Heat soak so many people had in the past who had/have them, making hard back to back street pulls isn't an issue anymore?
thats old school like 10 year ago tech.

after the basic roush tech, you had gen3, then gen3r, now the odin, all better and better,

the triple pass is 14" tall and 2.5 thick, very large heat exchanger

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
thats old school like 10 year ago tech.

after the basic roush tech, you had gen3, then gen3r, now the odin, all better and better,

the triple pass is 14" tall and 2.5 thick, very large heat exchanger
If you want to start using private messaging so you can speak freely please do so. I do not post what people tell me in private, I just want/expect honest opinions. Which FI has the better reputation for reliability, Heat soak issues, has a better lenier HP-TQ curve throughout the power band. Does not require any OEM parts removal such as Lower Sway bar Etc.
** Street Drivability, Cold Starts ETC IS a Must
Thank You

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
If you want to start using private messaging so you can speak freely please do so. I do not post what people tell me in private, I just want/expect honest opinions. Which FI has the better reputation for reliability, Heat soak issues, has a better lenier HP-TQ curve throughout the power band. Does not require any OEM parts removal such as Lower Sway bar Etc.
** Street Drivability, Cold Starts ETC IS a Must
Thank You
i shot you one the other day, and you are more than welcome to call me on my personal cell. everyone who buys a kit from me can reach me 8-10 seven days a week with questions.

i have 11 employees, but always try to take care of the power adder guys.

its a ton of info, and i don't mind discussing, 513-478-1965 and i don't mind messaging , but we could have a 10-15 minute convo that would save 2 hours of text lol :)

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
i shot you one the other day, and you are more than welcome to call me on my personal cell. everyone who buys a kit from me can reach me 8-10 seven days a week with questions.

its a ton of info, and i don't mind discussing, 513-478-1965 and i don't mind messaging , but we could have a 10-15 minute convo that would save 2 hours of text lol :)
Terry doing what Terry does best.. being the man! I’ll say the same thing I said on the ESS FB page the other day, I always appreciate your responses and years of knowledge helping this platform grow and be better and faster! 💪

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

Thanks. I will set out some time tomorrow? to call you. After I decide what exactly I need. As you know from my purchase history, I have used you quite a bit in the past. You have always responded quickly and helped me with issues I actually had with a product, and That, Means Everything to me as a Customer.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thanks. I will set out some time tomorrow? to call you. After I decide what exactly I need. As you know from my purchase history, I have used you quite a bit in the past. You have always responded quickly and helped me with issues I actually had with a product.
happy to talk to you ahead of time to go over all the different optiosn, pros cons etc. as well and discuss everything your trying to accomplish other than a "number" as any of the kits can achieve a number

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Wish we could tell you you'll be fine at 800-850 but we simply cannot guarantee it. Ive been boosted for 6.5 years. Engine has been great, but trans hasnt like the roll/racing drag racing lol.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Wish we could tell you you'll be fine at 800-850 but we simply cannot guarantee it. Ive been boosted for 6.5 years. Engine has been great, but trans hasnt like the roll/racing drag racing lol.
The A10 trans does seem to be the weak point at higher HP levels. I might pull this winter and send it off for upgraded plates/clutches or what ever owners are doing to make their trans last longer.
Sponsored