Sponsored

Any chance this is normal? Picking up car, not looking good.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Good idea, it wasn’t a total loss because my dad lives in North Texas so I am here with him, fly out tomorrow. I wanted a performance blue, black roof, and recaros. I like the carbon fiber dash, and the handling package as well but can live without them. Do not need or want the tech pack.
Next door to my shop here in indy they've got a perf blue inside, a white w/black roof outside, and a black r inside
20200730_105924.jpg
Sponsored

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Next door to my shop here in indy they've got a perf blue inside, a white w/black roof outside, and a black r inside
20200730_105924.jpg
The employee that put the front plate bracket on this beauty should be fired.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know right?! Here in indiana we dont even use a front plate! So no reason whatsoever to install it!

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I know right?! Here in indiana we dont even use a front plate! So no reason whatsoever to install it!
Are you kidding me? The employee should not only be fired, he should have to pay to fix it and take a nice hard slap in the back of the head for such a knucklehead move. It would be one thing if it was state required but even then it should be the first owner’s choice.
I walked from a really nice no stripe 19 R when I was shopping because the dealer did this. Some don’t care about it but I bet most do that are buying this type of car.

Sponsored

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Are you kidding me? The employee should not only be fired, he should have to pay to fix it and take a nice hard slap in the back of the head for such a knucklehead move. It would be one thing if it was state required but even then it should be the first owner’s choice.
I walked from a really nice no stripe 19 R when I was shopping because the dealer did this. Some don’t care about it but I bet most do that are buying this type of car.
I was actually looking at this car to buy it, and that was one of the main reasons I moved on.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I generally hate black on black cars, but every time I see a black on black R my heart skips a beat..
Yeah, the silver/red stripes really do a great job with the black

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I bought mine used at a dealer in California and even they didn't have a front bracket on it!

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I bought mine used at a dealer in California and even they didn't have a front bracket on it!
Yea any decent dealership especially when it comes to a performance car like these Corvettes etc. wouldn't put that stupid front license plate holder on until car is sold and then depending on if going to be tagged in another state that doesn't require a front tag. Even if front tag required would ask the new owner if they want it mounted.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If I was the owner of this dealership I would take it one step further and would have the PDI Manager and Service Director in my office and would start with them.:curse:

As we all know the employees of any department as only as good as their leadership therefore the manager of whoever the person that installed the front license plate holder should be held accountable unless he specifically instructed all of his PDI personnel to not install license plate holders on any of their vehicles during the any part of the PDI process.

It would be interesting to view all of their other brand new vehicles to see if their dealership policy was to install license plate holders in all cases or was this just an exception to the rule?

Bottom line is that someone has to be held accountable for this screw up and I would start with the PDI manager and then go from there based on company procedures and protocol.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I was actually looking at this car to buy it, and that was one of the main reasons I moved on.
Yep... I agree with you. This is an epic proportion travesty.

If you want an allocation you can design to your specs I know of one at B&B Ford in Barnwell SC.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Drove to Pa. to get my GT350 and Raptor. It's a no front plate state.
Some NJ dealers are front plate happy. Plus I got great deals.
Always had the dealers send tons of pics before making the drive.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is not bad compared to some I've seen.

I was looking at a 2019 with 747 miles on it and noticed the passenger fender was touching the hood at the very front. No accidents reported. Just poor craftsmanship apparently.
68C18762-FD49-44CA-BE89-E137CC20173F.jpeg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm guessing they may have gotten the car from a dealership in a front license plate state.....if not.....I agree that is just wrong. Having said that, most high volume dealerships know not to install that front bracket, even in front plate states, unless the buyer asks for it...same goes for dealer sticker/plaques.

Sponsored