Sponsored

Any chance this is normal? Picking up car, not looking good.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Thanks man, I was proud of how I spec’d that car when I ordered it. The whole reason I ordered it was wanting the Recaros and all the other options. And then I found my R, that was all she wrote.
So you have an R and you were looking to buy this car as well?
Sponsored

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
So you have an R and you were looking to buy this car as well?
I ordered this one and changed my mind. This was last year in Oct before the car was delivered in Nov.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
So, you have an R and now you’re we’re trying to get this car?
What? Did you read what I said? Did I say I was interested in buying it?
This was the car I ordered from Ennis Ford last year that I bailed on a month before it was delivered to the dealer. The dealer sold it, the owner put 495 miles on it and traded it back into Ennis Ford for a 500. The OP was going to buy it when I recognized it and cross referenced the VIN. Sure enough it was the same car I ordered and bailed on for the R I currently own.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
What? Did you read what I said? Did I say I was interested in buying it?
This was the car I ordered from Ennis Ford last year that I bailed on a month before it was delivered to the dealer. The dealer sold it, the owner put 495 miles on it and traded it back into Ennis Ford for a 500. The OP was going to buy it when I recognized it and cross referenced the VIN. Sure enough it was the same car I ordered and bailed on for the R I currently own.
Damn dude... bless your heart. I had a slight confusion of you and the OP.

I’m tracking now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Thanks man, I was proud of how I spec’d that car when I ordered it. The whole reason I ordered it was wanting the Recaros and all the other options. And then I found my R, that was all she wrote.
Great build, the same I would have ordered it but Ford won’t build it for me. Plants in Mexico are at half capacity so Michigan is behind. I would suspect that all cars will be delayed into next year.

linjy2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Evo
So after flying in to buy this car and being assured it was top notch, I walked. The fender had been bent as well and the gap between the hood in fender was 5mm at the very least. I drove the car to a body shop down the street and upon inspection I found a significant dent in the rear quarter panel just above the wheel well. The fit and finish of the car was bad and some sort of damage had occurred. I’m quite disappointed that someone wasted my time and money.
Did you happen to get pics of the bent fender and dent in rear qtr panel? i wonder if the fit and finish is on par with other gt350? maybe you were more critical regarding panel gap?

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
So after flying in to buy this car and being assured it was top notch, I walked. The fender had been bent as well and the gap between the hood in fender was 5mm at the very least. I drove the car to a body shop down the street and upon inspection I found a significant dent in the rear quarter panel just above the wheel well. The fit and finish of the car was bad and some sort of damage had occurred. I’m quite disappointed that someone wasted my time and money.
Wasting as much of your time and money is a car dealers 2nd main objective, the thinking being to get you so invested in the purchase that you feel you have to take the deal to have something to show for all you went through.
The 1st objective is, of course, being to take as much money from you on the deal as they can possibly get.

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If it was just fender alignment, I would have taken it. Both '17 and '20 Raptor, '19 GT350 and last Nissan Frontier either had crappy touchup on bolts or I had to adjust due to OCD. Bought spray touchup paint from Automotive TouchUp and looks perfect now.

JB's_SVT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
LTB
I was looking at a 2019 with 747 miles on it and noticed the passenger fender was touching the hood at the very front. No accidents reported. Just poor craftsmanship apparently.
68C18762-FD49-44CA-BE89-E137CC20173F.jpeg

Sponsored

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I was looking at a 2019 with 747 miles on it and noticed the passenger fender was touching the hood at the very front. No accidents reported. Just poor craftsmanship apparently.
68C18762-FD49-44CA-BE89-E137CC20173F.jpeg
Easy fix....

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
Is this car new or used? Because if new it's unacceptable and scary how QA at ford works.
Hey at least they touched up the bolts they scratched. The 2020 EcoBoost rental I bought isn’t this bad. I’d be ok with the tweaked fender, but the bumper fit and a dented quarter panel no way.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
At this point, I'll probably just pick one of the lot. IMO, they aren't going anywhere.
I work in the medical field and the virus, which never went away in the first place, is "back".
The end of the year is going to be brutal for the markets, and these cars will sit.
I have quite a few around me selling for $59k brand new. I really just wanted it exactly the way
I wanted but I think I can live with it. All the best in your search.
I think you found out that these cars are a little more special then you first thought?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I get wanting perfection. Some issues are worse then others, and some are simple corrections. From what the OP posted it doesn’t appear to me the issue’s are from Ford. That being said, no manufacturer is exempt from assembly and build quality issues.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
I’ve seen numerous GT350 examples with the same touch-ups on the fender bolts. Possibly because of the fact that these front ends are unique to the model and need adjustments at the end of the body shop process. Mine has the same touch up on the bolts but is harder to see because of the color...and I can tell you 100% that my car didn’t have any mishaps at Flat Rock, in transit or at my dealer...
Sponsored