Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT350
Hi everyone .

I got a problem with my 2019 GT350..

First , I replaced the wheel studs to APR studs for my four wheel hub .

When everything done . I found the ABS light on . Then , I used OBDII scan tool to check ,found DTC C0030:07 .

Means the Left font tone wheel - Mechanical failures.

So , I checked the ABS sensor on driver side . I found the sensor can move a little .

So I reinstalled it and screwed it again , make sure it cannot move .

Then erased all DTC , and try again.

But same problem .

Then i checked the ABS sensor plug . From the ABS module, the voltage was almost 12v , so , i think it is fine .

Then . I don’t know what should i do now ..

Is that means the ABS sensor is broken ? Or the wheel hub is broken ?

I cleaned the wheel hub again ,make sure there is nothing on it , and no damage anywhere .

And i saw there is no wheel bearing on the front wheel hub like rear wheel .

I really don’t know what to do now ..

Should i try to replace the ABS sensor first ?

The ABS sensor seems no damage anywhere .

Thx ...
D6610E1B-4DB7-46CC-AC26-3F8BDD587EEF.jpeg
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hi everyone .

When everything done . I found the ABS light on . Then , I used OBDII scan tool to check ,found DTC C0030:07 .

So , I checked the ABS sensor on driver side . I found the sensor can move a little .

But same problem .

Then i checked the ABS sensor plug . From the ABS module, the voltage was almost 12v , so , i think it is fine .

I cleaned the wheel hub again ,make sure there is nothing on it , and no damage anywhere .

Thx ...
D6610E1B-4DB7-46CC-AC26-3F8BDD587EEF.jpeg
https://www.dtcdecode.com/Ford/C0030-07

Ford.png
Ford DTC C0030:07

Make:
Ford
Code:
C0030:07
Definition:
Left Front Tone Wheel: Mechanical Failure
Cause:
These Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) set in continuous memory or on-demand if there is damage to the wheel speed sensor or tone ring. After module initialization and when vehicle speed is above 14 km/h (9 mph), the ABS module calculates an expected wheel speed signal based on a filtered wheel speed signal. If the actual wheel speed sensor signal shows at least one missing pulse when compared to the calculated signal, the DTC is set.
Failure Type:
Mechanical Failure
This sub type is used for Mechanical Failures that cannot be assigned to a specific sub type.

Just to confirm what you already know....

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hi everyone .

But same problem .

Thx ...
The picture below is the back of the front wheel hub on a GT350. The black ring marked by the red arrow is the "tone ring" for the wheel speed sensor, and if it's damaged then the hub needs to be replaced. The factory service manual says that if you have the C0030:07 DTC, then either the sensor is bad or this ring is bad. If the sensor is undamaged then the ring is the only thing left.

upload_2020-7-17_7-47-34.png

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The picture below is the back of the front wheel hub on a GT350. The black ring marked by the red arrow is the "tone ring" for the wheel speed sensor, and if it's damaged then the hub needs to be replaced. The factory service manual says that if you have the C0030:07 DTC, then either the sensor is bad or this ring is bad. If the sensor is undamaged then the ring is the only thing left.

Do you think if debris got on the tone ring, it could cause the 'missing pulse' from the info I posted? If so, a spit and polish could take care of it...

OP
OP

Damondeng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT350
https://www.dtcdecode.com/Ford/C0030-07

Ford.png
Ford DTC C0030:07

Make:
Ford
Code:
C0030:07
Definition:
Left Front Tone Wheel: Mechanical Failure
Cause:
These Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) set in continuous memory or on-demand if there is damage to the wheel speed sensor or tone ring. After module initialization and when vehicle speed is above 14 km/h (9 mph), the ABS module calculates an expected wheel speed signal based on a filtered wheel speed signal. If the actual wheel speed sensor signal shows at least one missing pulse when compared to the calculated signal, the DTC is set.
Failure Type:
Mechanical Failure
This sub type is used for Mechanical Failures that cannot be assigned to a specific sub type.

Just to confirm what you already know....
Thx,man . I’ve already know it .

Sponsored

OP
OP

Damondeng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT350

Thx , there is no damaged on the tone ring . I think i will try to replace the sensor first .

OP
OP

Damondeng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT350
Do you think if debris got on the tone ring, it could cause the 'missing pulse' from the info I posted? If so, a spit and polish could take care of it...
Yes, maybe . But last time I’ve cleaned it up again with WD-40 , but still not work .

And there is no damaged on the tone ring .
Sponsored