Sponsored

Any avid bikers plan on getting a hitch receiver?

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Black Accent pkg
Curt hitch did not clear my standard quad exhaust mufflers (the seem weld at the side of the mufflers where a tad wide). So I bought the MRT oval mufflers with quad double walled tips lol!

IMG_6296.JPG
Sponsored

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium and '05 Neon SRT4
hey, ya'll, I also love cycling, gett'n in a few thousand miles every year. do ya'll think this would work with a GT350 rear diffuser? I relish the idea of not use'n a trunk rack anymore

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
Ahh, I do miss this about my C7...Now I have an SUV in case I want to ride. It was fun pulling up to events and seeing people shocked that the bike fit in the hatch.

092B5AF5-F068-4273-A41F-29D0882EDCDC.jpeg

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Ahh, I do miss this about my C7...Now I have an SUV in case I want to ride. It was fun pulling up to events and seeing people shocked that the bike fit in the hatch.

092B5AF5-F068-4273-A41F-29D0882EDCDC.jpeg
I use to do this until I got a killer deal on a older F150.
bike4.jpg

bike.jpg

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Last edited:

Sponsored

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I stuff my bike in the trunk 😂
Take the front wheel off, put that in the passenger seat. Put the rest of the bike into the trunk with the rear seats down of course. Rear wheel first with the rear mechfacing upwards, slide it in, and it fits.

I should mention its a road bike with road bike handle bars... this would not work for mountain bikes.

If I remember, I'll post a picture later.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I stuff my bike in the trunk 😂
Take the front wheel off, put that in the passenger seat. Put the rest of the bike into the trunk with the rear seats down of course. Rear wheel first with the rear mechfacing upwards, slide it in, and it fits.

I should mention its a road bike with road bike handle bars... this would not work for mountain bikes.

If I remember, I'll post a picture later.
I do exactly this.

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Check this beast out. My bike fitter gave it to me the other day. Mounts to license plate holes and one trunk deck strap. Says he had it on his s197 with no issues. I need to add some padding and such that was removed for powder coating, but i am seriosly considering using it. If any of you are machinists maybe fab your own?

20220428_105958.jpg

20220428_105943.jpg

Sponsored

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't find it on the interwebz; what brand is that?

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I can't find it on the interwebz; what brand is that?
I don't recall the manufacturer, and there is no labeling on it anymore. He did say he met the guy at a trade show and he was trying to start a business selling these or something. So they may never have gotten to market. Next time I am in there (which is often) I will ask if he recalls the manufacturer.
It is well made, but If you look closer, I think it looks like he may have made it in a home shop. I am going to go find a junk bike and mount it up- make sure I am comfortable with it holding a bike before I put my not-inexpensive road bike on it!

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
seriously!

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I don't recall the manufacturer, and there is no labeling on it anymore. He did say he met the guy at a trade show and he was trying to start a business selling these or something. So they may never have gotten to market. Next time I am in there (which is often) I will ask if he recalls the manufacturer.
It is well made, but If you look closer, I think it looks like he may have made it in a home shop. I am going to go find a junk bike and mount it up- make sure I am comfortable with it holding a bike before I put my not-inexpensive road bike on it!
The mounting system looks like it may be ok for a light road bike but I would be concerned with a 50+ pound electric mountain bike supported by what is designed to hold a license plate.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The mounting system looks like it may be ok for a light road bike but I would be concerned with a 50+ pound electric mountain bike supported by what is designed to hold a license plate.
It is made from fairly heavy duty metal, so yeah, if it had a better mounting solution I think it would be fine for the 50lbers. If I use it it will be for one or 2 carbon (including carbon wheeled) road bikes that weigh ~20lbs or less each. That being, said, I am wondering if one wanted to drill holes if one could utilize steel bolts with lock nuts straight through the bumper. I say this without having ever had a need to jack her up and look to see what is going on under the bumper cover. May or may not be possible. Quite honestly its just easier to use the SUV to haul them on the Kuat rack, but man I would love to combine our riding trips into driving trips as well!
Sponsored