Sponsored

Any advice on these bumper plugs and how to get them all the way in?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Bought these from the bumper plug website from like 10 feet + out you can't really see em of course, but it bugs me. As a non-diy person, any advice on this situation? Is it worth it to just get it filled? Or any tips on how to get em in further? I don't want to dent the bumper by just shoving it in with force.
Bumper Plugs.jpg
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Can you cut them? Did you try tapping than with a rubber mallet? Are they supposed to sit flush or is there a lip on them? If you can't tap them in, maybe shorten them and if they are loose you could use a little silicone to keep them in.

That's all I got :cheers:

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
In my one and only experience with bumper plugs I had to drill the bumper holes just a tiny bit larger so the plugs would sit flush. Grabbed my set of drills and test fit until I found one just a hair larger then the hole, that did the trick for me. Also make sure to clean the hole area so its nice and crisp without little peaces of plastic sticking out and preventing a flush fit.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
On my last ride I went to Home Depot and went down some of the screw hardware aisles until I found something with a flat tip (similar to a nail) and wasn't huge. What I found essentially looked like a small bullet casing and a nail head. I popped them in and painted them with touch up paint. It looked 10000x better than any bumper plug on the market and it cost under $5.

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Looks like you didn't drill the holes perpendicular to the bumper also the holes maybe too small or there were some excess plastics around the hole that stuck out.
Cut them and clean it up then put new ones in.

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
A cheap round file works also.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
When I put mine in I had to drill them out a bit to fit, and push hard on the plugs. They sat nice and flush though.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
I clicked on this thread thinking it was something else... ...the internet has ruined me
Sponsored