Sponsored

Anti Roll Bars DIY? Just pay someone.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
So I recently installed the front and rear anti roll bars from Whiteline. I really don't think which brand you go for matters.

But the tutorials make it seem super easy. The gap between tutorial and reality is the biggest of any mod I have done to date. An absolute nightmare

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
So I recently installed the front and rear anti roll bars from Whiteline. I really don't think which brand you go for matters.

But the tutorials make it seem super easy. The gap between tutorial and reality is the biggest of any mod I have done to date. An absolute nightmare

I did the whole Magneride Ford performance kit in my driveway. Front/rear sways, and springs. Was very straightforward. No problems with the sway bars at all. An extra set of hands to get the front in would have been nice, but i got it done with no scratches on the bar.

I also do all my own mods, and have been for a long time. If I break it, I fix it as well, lol

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i did AFE front and rear roll bars with steeda billet mounts took maybe 15 minutes each end of the car on the drive the front one pulls out via the wheel arch without even having to take the wheels off

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think for me the ATI damper was getting in the way. Then the American Racing solutions Tensioner and the mishimoto oil cooler too and the hoses for the super charger were getting in the way of the 2nd bolt on the drivers side.

The rear has a 3inch exhaust and the BMR bracing so no room to work with the spanner.

Complete nightmare. But. It's done.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
I think for me the ATI damper was getting in the way. Then the American Racing solutions Tensioner and the mishimoto oil cooler too and the hoses for the super charger were getting in the way of the 2nd bolt on the drivers side.

The rear has a 3inch exhaust and the BMR bracing so no room to work with the spanner.

Complete nightmare. But. It's done.

Lmao, yeah your mods got in the way. Bane of all us that tinker. On an OEM config, easy peasey.

"MORE CHASSIS BRACING!!"

"Oh geez, how the F do I get to that now?" Sigh...

I learned those lessons the hard way, lol

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another thing I'm finding with this mod is that the nuts supplied by whiteline for endlinks are terrible and keep working loose. They aren't even nyloc. Put the factory ones on with threadlocker. Problem solved.

Terrible hardware. Thankfully I have a loft at home.

But if you do this mod, reuse factory hardware for the endlinks.

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!

Is upgrading the roll/sway bars worth doing? I have looked at the Steeda ones when i got the irs sleeves, K-trac bottom and top strut braces along with the jacking rails for my convertible.
Just not sure how much of a benefit they will give?
Happy to be educated here!

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is upgrading the roll/sway bars worth doing? I have looked at the Steeda ones when i got the irs sleeves, K-trac bottom and top strut braces along with the jacking rails for my convertible.
Just not sure how much of a benefit they will give?
Happy to be educated here!
I think it will really help on a vert

There is definitely a lot less body roll and car is a lot more composed around corners.

With the added mass on a vert. I think you will probably see a bigger difference.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Just remember stiffer ARB's are not a 'free' upgrade. There are downsides. No suspension changes are ever a 'pure' upgrade, just a different compromise.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I did the whole Magneride Ford performance kit in my driveway. Front/rear sways, and springs. Was very straightforward. No problems with the sway bars at all. An extra set of hands to get the front in would have been nice, but i got it done with no scratches on the bar.

I also do all my own mods, and have been for a long time. If I break it, I fix it as well, lol
I'm sorry this was a pain for you, that sucks. I, too, did the FP kit and the front sway bar was MUCH easier than I was expecting. As I look back on pictures, having the strut out of the way and the rotor off for sure makes it much easier to get out, as there is a funky angle that needs to happen 3/4 the way out.

The new one (FP) sure looks like a monster sitting there at the bottom of the engine bay!
Sponsored