• Total voters

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
So my car will be going back to the dealer for a 5th time. So far the car has been at the dealer for 35 days. It's been 7 months and they cant seen to fixed the passenger seat issue. Seat feels like it's not bolted down, I'm having many dash errors and it takes me like 3 to 5 times of touching the door handle for the keyless entry to unlock the car. This time Ford regional rep said that now fo sure he can guarantee me that the buyback will come in my favor. On Monday I will get the confirmation out the buyback.

I love the sound of the 5.0, love how it drives and the look is killer. But I'm affraid that the build quality isnt there and would hate to go through more nonsense so I'm thinking of getting a 2021 BMW M340i fully loaded.

So if y'all were in my shoes what would you get? Another Mustang or a fully loaded M340i
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So if y'all were in my shoes what would you get? Another Mustang or a fully loaded M340i
Kinda of an apples to oranges comparison. A fully loaded M340i will easily be $15k more than the 401A GT, so if you got the money then heck yeah.

Although if I was spending $60k on fun car the M340i would not be anywhere near my top of the list. I'd take a ZL1 or RS3 long before that.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
By the looks of your list you will never be happy with any Mustang. Don't buy another one.

Plus 1 on the ZL1

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
New Supra. Oh wait that wasn’t a choice. Well sort of is if you’re thinking loaded BMW. Sucks to hear about all of those Mustang issues. Hope it gets sorted out for you. Not sure I’d have the patience for that either.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've had a couple BMW's a Z3 and a 3 series.

The acronym, BringMoreWallet comes to mind.

Up keep is expensive, but great cars.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
For the price range of the bmw, you can find much better vehicles that arent money pits.

Mustang..camaro..supra..new z coming out..a nice lexus if you want more luxury..used gt350..etc etc. Ive had a couple bmws, they are fine as a lease or with a warranty if you dont plan to modify them. I wouldnt void the warranty or keep one after it expires though.

I say mustang with camaro 2ss 1le or a zl1 right there with it.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I never liked the look of the Camaro so no ZL1 for me, the new Supra is not a very practical car as I carry a few things that fit in the Mustang trunk but wont in the Supra. I also want back seats in case I have an extra passenger. Money wont be an issue as I already talked to a dealer and the OTD for a fully loaded M340i will be around 58k.

Yes if I get the M340i I was going to get a 100k/6 year warranty and then trading/selling right before reaching 100k.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I'm not very big fan of Audi, dont like the front grill as for Lexus the only 2021 rear wheel is the IS350 but the engine is so underpowered that for the money it should at least come with 350 or 400 hp. The new engine on the M340i is the B58 and its proven to be a very reliable engine. Fuck now I'm more lost than before.

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
Don’t get me wrong. I’d still give the Mustang another chance whether it be yours fixed or a new replacement. Every brand has its lemons here and there. There really is no match out there in terms of practicality, comfort and a sweet V8 (and looks).

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I never liked the look of the Camaro so no ZL1 for me, the new Supra is not a very practical car as I carry a few things that fit in the Mustang trunk but wont in the Supra. I also want back seats in case I have an extra passenger. Money wont be an issue as I already talked to a dealer and the OTD for a fully loaded M340i will be around 58k.

Yes if I get the M340i I was going to get a 100k/6 year warranty and then trading/selling right before reaching 100k.
58k is nuts for that car imo.

If you are looking for a backseat..then idk. Most coupes arent gonna be it. The mustang has one but id feel bad putting anyone larger than a child back there.

That leaves you with the scatpack or hellcat charger or challenger i guess as far as the "big 3" go..

For "sports luxury" lexus would be my choice, but id prefer an actual sport which leaves something like an rc350 or one of bmws true sports cars. If you are going to go bmw at least pony up for the m4/m5 or something. Even an m2 would be fun. I looked at leasing an m2 but decided against it. Was a fun car though.

A new wrx sti has a backseat and would be about as fun as the bmw imo. The engine is iffy so i wouldn't mod it much.

Type r would be ok but i dont care for FWD personally and they are ugly.

Idk. Cant say ive seriously considered anything with a real backseat lately; if i did, i wouldnt be considering a mustang.

Sponsored

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My mom had a 2016 340i, I raced her against my 2017 manual GT and neither one of us could inch up on the other. If I had an auto it might have been different. Just to give you an idea of how fast they are compared to a mustang, both were stock. However I’m sure with the brand new M340i’s that they’re much faster than my mom’s old car. For 58k, I would also consider buying a gently used M car. Maintenance will not be cheap but I think if you’re a performance car guy through and through, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how capable these M cars are. My mom did have a rough idle with her car where it would sounds like it would almost stall out every 30 seconds or so and it eas intermittent. It was probably a simple issue but BMW couldn’t find the issue even though she took it to the dealership twice to get it looked at.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
58k is nuts for that car imo.

If you are looking for a backseat..then idk. Most coupes arent gonna be it. The mustang has one but id feel bad putting anyone larger than a child back there.

That leaves you with the scatpack or hellcat charger or challenger i guess as far as the "big 3" go..

For "sports luxury" lexus would be my choice, but id prefer an actual sport which leaves something like an rc350 or one of bmws true sports cars. If you are going to go bmw at least pony up for the m4/m5 or something. Even an m2 would be fun. I looked at leasing an m2 but decided against it. Was a fun car though.

A new wrx sti has a backseat and would be about as fun as the bmw imo. The engine is iffy so i wouldn't mod it much.

Type r would be ok but i dont care for FWD personally and they are ugly.

Idk. Cant say ive seriously considered anything with a real backseat lately; if i did, i wouldnt be considering a mustang.
I dont want the seat to put people on them but in case of m emergency it's good to have one something the new Supra doesnt have. As for the 2021 M340i its MSRP at $66825 so what do you think I should pay out the door with a 100k/6 year warranty? I thought that 58k OTD with warranty sounded like a good deal. I never liked buying used car just for the fact that someone bought an M3/4 to have fun. This will also be my daily so it needs to be reliable.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you pretty much have made up your mind.
Not really as much as it looks like I'm swinging towards the M340i, I like the Mustang just hate the nonsense I'm going through now. I have bought cheaper cars that never once gave me an issue! I know that we cant ask for much on the mustang but if it was a fitment problem I would be okay but the issues I'm having are electrical (errors on dash while park or driving, unable to open the door on the first touch, TPMS doesnt work all the time) and structure (passenger seat). I'm willing to toss it up and say that this issues are isolated to poor assembly as my car was built in March 2020 so probably rushed.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
My mom had a 2016 340i, I raced her against my 2017 manual GT and neither one of us could inch up on the other. If I had an auto it might have been different. Just to give you an idea of how fast they are compared to a mustang, both were stock. However I’m sure with the brand new M340i’s that they’re much faster than my mom’s old car. For 58k, I would also consider buying a gently used M car. Maintenance will not be cheap but I think if you’re a performance car guy through and through, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how capable these M cars are. My mom did have a rough idle with her car where it would sounds like it would almost stall out every 30 seconds or so and it eas intermittent. It was probably a simple issue but BMW couldn’t find the issue even though she took it to the dealership twice to get it looked at.
How do I find a gentle used M car? If I ask the salesman he will assure me it was gentle used but how can i believe him? Plus with what i drive a year (19 to 21k miles) a used car with 20 to 30k miles on it will be short lived for me as I dont like keeping cars pass 100k for very long. Also I'm not looking to tune the car only do external modifications like rims, tints, some carbon here and there. I think I just need to be patient wait and see what will be the out of the last repair if they can address the seat issue and fix the door issue I think I would be made whole.
Sponsored