Sponsored

Another Mishimoto coolant tank leaking - new suggestions?

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I went through this and it was a huge PIA. It was last Spring so not sure if they had identified and corrected the issue in whole. I raised a stink and they sent me new tank for $15 bucks shipping. The new unit has not leaked after a summer of driving.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My site tube makes an air leaking noise if I touch it out of the top bung. A slight little bit of coolant came out of it as well. I went ahead and contacted Mishimoto about the replacement site tube that they have for it since I do have the original one that bends. The leak isn't very bad, but I figure I should get on top of it before it gets worse. The tank is great otherwise.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a year since i replaced the clear tube. So far no issues. I am guessing Mishimoto sourced a more appropriate material for the replacement.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Interesting. I was going purchase one of these brand new for $100. The sight tube isnt a big deal for me. I may just plug it up.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I've had mine since last Christmas, and it has been solid with no leaks.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Mishimoto sent me a new sight tube. I'm assuming it's the new and improved one. My leak isn't really bad, but I definitely shouldn't be hearing air pressure coming out of it when I slightly budge it and a tiny bit of coolant can be seen around that leak when I make it do that.

Time to find my turkey baster specifically for sucking out coolant from the overflow tank, lol.

Nothing against the product. It's nice to have a sight tube to see where you're at. Mishimoto took care of me and that's what's important. The tank otherwise is great as I'm sure there are several other great ones too.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Mishimoto sent me a new sight tube. I'm assuming it's the new and improved one. My leak isn't really bad, but I definitely shouldn't be hearing air pressure coming out of it when I slightly budge it and a tiny bit of coolant can be seen around that leak when I make it do that.

Time to find my turkey baster specifically for sucking out coolant from the overflow tank, lol.

Nothing against the product. It's nice to have a sight tube to see where you're at. Mishimoto took care of me and that's what's important. The tank otherwise is great as I'm sure there are several other great ones too.

Just get an oil syphon hand pump.
Sponsored