Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
It's more the slagging my Mrs is giving me, 'lesson learnt, don't do stupid modifications', well I'm stopping at Fortis where the car is to have an angel eye fixed, one of them has started to come away, still works fine, I'll see if they can manage anything.

Everything is starting to unglue :lol:
Sponsored

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
It's more the slagging my Mrs is giving me, 'lesson learnt, don't do stupid modifications', well I'm stopping at Fortis where the car is to have an angel eye fixed, one of them has started to come away, still works fine, I'll see if they can manage anything.

Everything is starting to unglue :lol:
Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. I would also be getting grief from Mrs. Hope you get everything sorted. I'm still thinking about the lights front & rear. Will hopefully see Steve Manders front & rear Fortis conversion at Ford Fair in August with Simply Mustangs Facebook Group & will then decide :)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Polyurethane adhesive, or "Tiger seal" will hold them permanently. It is used for bonding glass to the side of vans and also windscreens, so it'll be fine holding on two plastic vents, however hot they get.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. I would also be getting grief from Mrs. Hope you get everything sorted. I'm still thinking about the lights front & rear. Will hopefully see Steve Manders front & rear Fortis conversion at Ford Fair in August with Simply Mustangs Facebook Group & will then decide :)
Or just Manders Mustang here ;)! I don't have Halos. I've just got tribars, but [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] has Halo's and he'll be there too :)! And hopefully will get Sand from fortis up with our project ecoboost car.

[MENTION=27831]Gloucesternige[/MENTION] it's not Tigerseal but it is Polyurethane sealant. 3m variant. Same shit different brand.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Oh dear.
Looks like the vents are becoming an issue. I was hoping it was just me.
Regarding the bit of wire that would hold the vent to the car should it come adrift, I am not sure I would want it as I reckon it could end up flapping around and damaging the hood!

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Regarding the bit of wire that would hold the vent to the car should it come adrift, I am not sure I would want it as I reckon it could end up flapping around and damaging the hood!
That's a very valid point and something that crossed my mind, but no doubt from a health and safety aspect it's likely that the powers that be would argue that it's 'your' vent so it's 'your' responsibility to suffer any damage, rather than it flying off over the car and twatting some unsuspecting biker in the face or bouncing off someone else's bonnet!

Hmmm!... there's another one for the insurance companies to use as an excuse to bump up the policy premiums... Third Party Flying Parts Liability :D !

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
That's a very valid point and something that crossed my mind, but no doubt from a health and safety aspect it's likely that the powers that be would argue that it's 'your' vent so it's 'your' responsibility to suffer any damage, rather than it flying off over the car and twatting some unsuspecting biker in the face or bouncing off someone else's bonnet!

Hmmm!... there's another one for the insurance companies to use as an excuse to bump up the policy premiums... Third Party Flying Parts Liability :D !
Yeh, fair point too. Not sure I would have wanted my vent hitting a motorcyclist!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Has Mike spoken?
I know Mike is fixing [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] 's vents (he has a slight lip on the front of his).

Mine seem fine, must be that vents like bright red cars :lol:

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Mike spoken?
To be fair, I haven't bothered contacting him, I'm in London at the minute but would be a bit of a detour for me on my way home to get him to fix it. I'm not too unhappy to have it resolved closer to home, although the guys at Fortis are having a look at it as they resolve my halo issue (which is very minor).

A change of sealant to a stronger bond is all that's required I hope.

The other job Mike did was the MGW shifter, not overly happy with that install, got vibration and he was unable to fit the flat blade :shrug:, but my usual place of choice fitted that part, in 20 mins and checked out the rest of the figment.

They've said that, it's all fitted ok, but they'd have placed the insulating materials differently. I'm going to get [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] to send out a new 'pack' of insulating stuff, or advise what to get and have the whole thing stripped out and re-fitted.

Been on holiday for the last couple of weeks so haven't done the contacting yet. I'm a relatively cool customer and there's no panic.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I know Mike is fixing [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] 's vents (he has a slight lip on the front of his).

Mine seem fine, must be that vents like bright red cars :lol:
EB just can't generate the wind speed necessary ;) :bolt:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
EB just can't generate the wind speed necessary ;) :bolt:
Counter act by being race red though... Maybe it's the vents flying off to go to faster cars from the slower colours ;)!

Jokes aside.

[MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION] hope it's fixed, I've looked around, and i couldn't find anything stronger than 3m's stuff which i know mike used on mine. I do have a worry that "maybe" either pressure washers are causing damage to them (shouldn't) or the weather is reactivating them (again, shouldn't)

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers Manders. It was pretty damn hot in Provence, it's pretty damned hot in London too!

Here's what she used to look like :lol: (if you zoom in on the halo, you'll see where it's become detached, that happened weeks ago though)

IMG_2139_zpsotalkplh.jpg

Met some rude Italian classic car owners :lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Could it be ceramic coated cars? Just ain't gonna stick :shrug:

OP
OP