Sponsored

Another GT350 vs Supra article - Automobile Mag (MT H2H)

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
What's up with the understeer? Did the 16-18's exhibit this behavior? Did Ford intentionally do this to stop people from wrecking the car?

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What's up with the understeer? Did the 16-18's exhibit this behavior? Did Ford intentionally do this to stop people from wrecking the car?
I’m wondering the same. I’ve always heard neutral from the non-R and my 17 never fails to go right where I point it. If anything, it loves oversteer off throttle in and on throttle out. I’m wondering if the updated suspension is more neutral-to-under, and that the sticker tires are making it appear quicker. That’s the second time I’ve heard of the new GT350 having understeer. I’ve never heard this before for 16-18. I never worry about the front end of mine... hmmm. Thicker rear bar, softer rear springs, stiffer front sprints. I wonder if this is a recipe for more understeer than before.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I didn’t think my 17 had any understeer, but at the track attack during the autocross I went into the first turn too hot and boy did it understeer. I don’t know how I missed all the cones, it really scrubbed off speed quickly.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I only noticed some under steer in my 2016 on track and only on longer sweepers. I would expect that most people wouldn't notice anything on the street. For 2019 Ford added the swing that has more down force in the rear, but the splitter in the front is unchanged. That would impact the cornering on faster turns and increase under steer in that situation.

And yes, more roll stiffness in the front and/or less roll stiffness in the rear would increase under steer. That includes stiffer springs.

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I only noticed some under steer in my 2016 on track and only on longer sweepers. I would expect that most people wouldn't notice anything on the street. For 2019 Ford added the swing that has more down force in the rear, but the splitter in the front is unchanged. That would impact the cornering on faster turns and increase under steer in that situation.

And yes, more roll stiffness in the front and/or less roll stiffness in the rear would increase under steer. That includes stiffer springs.
From the numbers I saw posted in a different thread, the track pack spoiler has more downforce than the swing. But add the Gurney flap from the handling package, then the swing will have more downforce than the spoiler.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
From the numbers I saw posted in a different thread, the track pack spoiler has more downforce than the swing. But add the Gurney flap from the handling package, then the swing will have more downforce than the spoiler.
Good information as most people would only use the Gurney flap on track.
Sponsored