Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Premium PP, 2013 Scion FR-S
I apologize if this has been asked before, but here it goes:

I am running Steeda progressive springs, and I am evaluating whether to go with 19x11 ET50 wheels for track use. Let's assume for the moment that they will be shod with 305/35 tires.

On the front, I intend to run 25mm spacers. The spacers I have currently are of the type that you bolt to the original studs, which then have their own studs of a high-quality material. For track use, does this type of spacer give anyone pause?

WIth respect to the rear of the car, I am planning to run about -1.7 degrees of camber. Will this work without rubbing?

WIth respect to the front including 25mm spacers, what sort of negative camber should I expect to be able to run? Will there be room to adjust between say -2.5 and -1.5 degrees?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
if you're going to the track (Pitt Race?) I assume you have camber plates? Whose spacers do you have? The purist will say use slip-on spacers and +1" studs. Do you really need to go all-square though?

OP
OP

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Since Pitt Race is closest to me, it's likely that I'd be there most often with this car. I do not yet have camber plates. I am using camber bolts. The spacers are made by ZY Wheel. I had originally decided to go with a 19x10 square setup, but I am now leaning toward 19x11 square. I don't need to go square - I could be happy on my stock PP wheels and stock tires, but I am leaning toward getting a set of square wheels for track.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
spacers are made by ZY Wheel
I wouldn't characterize no-name Chinese spacers as quality, personally. Especially Chinese-ium wheel studs which are far more recessed than I would like to see. But they'll probably suffice...

OP
OP

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
From a fitment perspective, what range of front camber should I expect to have with such a large wheel/tire, either with or without camber plates?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Camber bolts only pivot the wheel - angling the top of the wheel into/closer to the shock. Camber plates angle the entire strut assembly (and wheel) thus holding constant the wheel lip to strut distance. The good camber plates get you at least an additional -2.5deg over stock.

In your case maybe use the bolts to add as much POSITIVE camber as you can to maximize rim to strut clearance and then use the camber plates to swing the assembly back to >-2deg negative.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Most of the track guys on the forum would not use those spacers. Even if you take out the strength(quality) question, you now have 2x the number of lugs you need to check(re-torque) after each session. That means removing each wheel, re-torquing the nuts on those spacer to the spindle, then reinstalling the wheel, etc.
Here's a good thread for a square 11 setup https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/two-19x11-square-setup-installs.76670/

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I personally wouldn’t run those spacers on my car at a track. I’d want known good quality studs, at those speeds and Gs.

Shotgun makes a good point about camber bolts, they won’t help you at all. You need ~2 degrees of camber to clear the fender lip, but those camber bolts will get you that camber by sacrificing wheel to strut clearance and you won’t have any to spare. You need to move the strut over with camber plates to get the wheel and tire stuffed under there. It won’t fit otherwise (well maybe with wider front fenders like a GT350 has). Camber bolts might be usable if you were running too much offset/too small of a spacer, but thats not really the case here. FWIW stock strut to spindle bolts will be stronger on track and you might as well put some new ones in there and remove the camber bolts while you are installing camber plates since the strut will be apart anyway.

You also need more than 1.7 degrees pf camber to make those expensive wide 305 tires last anyway. You’ll cook the shoulders, wear them prematurely, and maybe even chunk them with too little camber on a heavy car.

OP
OP

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Good thoughts from you all. Thank you

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You're not going to find hardly anything in 305/35R19. The popular track size is 305/30R19.
Sponsored