Another Exhaust Thread

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I personally have a Steeda X pipe and Flowmaster Outlaws on mine. For a simple setup its pretty loud. People will surprisingly ask if I have cats/headers. The drone is bad during the break in period I won't lie to you but when they break in they get quiet and the drone will be there but not bad at all.
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
FRPP/Borla on my car with LT's no cats, Steeda H pipe/resonators, car is quiet unless you get on it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Roush axel back isn't bad at all, but when you add an x pipe it becomes very loud on cold starts and when hitting higher rpms. I have the cat back roush on my 2017 GT. It sounds good but not a fan with the neighbors on cold starts.
yeah it's very loud with an X. Of course with a X you don't get as much cabin noise in my experience. But when it hits an object like a large semi, or you go thru a city with large buildings on both sides and that sounds comes back at you it's pretty obnoxious. Its the people outside the car that suffer. Backfiring is a problem for me also but not sure it's the exhaust and more the Roush phase 2 93 tune I have. If I lay into in a downshifted lower gear in a mode like sport and keep the rpms high the backfires are silly.

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
Thanks everyone. I ended going with Roush. It isn’t nearly as loud as I feared when I start the car. Not much drone in the car. WOT sounds nice and I like the sound as the car is downshifting. I love this exhaust. Makes me wish I’ve gone with Roush on all my cars (past and present).

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I just installed the MBRP Pro axle-back. I wanted to leave the resonator on to prevent drone. It's louder than stock without a doubt, crackles when down shifting but at normal speeds it sounds almost like factory until you get on it. At cold start it's quite a bit louder until it warms up but it's nothing more than a muffler delete really.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If you want a reasonable volume but still lots of fun when you open it up, Corsa Sport catback. The Borla S type and Ford Performance sound good too.
Yep! Thanks for the recommendation man. It definitely is like you said and then some. I understand now why the Corsa is worth the price premium.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone. I ended going with Roush. It isn’t nearly as loud as I feared when I start the car. Not much drone in the car. WOT sounds nice and I like the sound as the car is downshifting. I love this exhaust. Makes me wish I’ve gone with Roush on all my cars (past and present).
Did you pair the Roush ab with a resonator delete like an x or h?

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you have active exhaust, why not get the Corsa Xtreme Variable (21001). It seems to be the best of both world.Sport in normal mode and xtreme in Track mode.

I am not a fan of obnoxiously loud system but this seems like a good compromise but could get super loud when you want it. I’m still stock but considering this system.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The Xtreme sound is an absolute riot, but a bit much to live with all the time. To be able to have it at the flick of a switch, and to be able to tame it the same way, is immensely appealing.
Agreed. But also depends if the owner of said exhaust has plans for long tubes or not.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The Xtreme sound is an absolute riot, but a bit much to live with all the time. To be able to have it at the flick of a switch, and to be able to tame it the same way, is immensely appealing.
I agree. Sometimes I get chargers getting on my side and revving up. I would like to switch to Xtreme and rev right back.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I ordered lth scorpion catback from beefcake. Seems like the sound level is very close to mbrp street. Do you guys know how long it usually take for them to ship? I ordered on 7th but didnt get any updates yet.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered lth scorpion catback from beefcake. Seems like the sound level is very close to mbrp street. Do you guys know how long it usually take for them to ship? I ordered on 7th but didnt get any updates yet.
Did Beefcake say they had it in stock or was it being shipped from the manufacturer. Many suppliers are behind right now. I would call and ask when it will ship.

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Hey y'all, have a 2015 GT Phase 2 with rez delete X pipe and roush axleback. I just ordered BBK longtubes with catless connectors, will be throwing them on with colder plugs and lowering springs to address this god awful well gap.

But I didn't realize how much of a PITA the headers were to install! Anything I should buy to have the tech throw on while he's deep into the engine bay?
20200706_085530.jpg
Sponsored