Sponsored

Another Black Eye for the Mustang Community

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think a requirement for a driver's license should be an IQ test.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Anytime you have decent power at entry level prices it introduces buyers who do not respect the car's power and causes unfortunate accidents. These are the SRT-4 days all over again as odd as that comparison may seem (Mustang being the most powerful thing you can get for the money). Even on a base non PP EB catching a patch of sand w/o ESC can cause undesired results.
You're right on, the level of performance vs. the cost makes a bad combination. Sure, you can speed in a Camry, but let's be honest, cars like a Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, etc., target a demographic that's a touch more inclined to tap into the performance, and cross safety lines.

I think a requirement for a driver's license should be an IQ test.
Yeah, I'd look forward to a 98% reduction in cars on the road ...

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Hey you can take the car out of the idiot but you can't take the idiot out of the car.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I cringe whenever I hear/see people talking/posting about "spirited driving". The only place for spirited driving is the track.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
With how easy it is to light up the tires on these cars, I can't imagine doing this on what looks like bone stock, non performance pack tires. Such dumb decisions by people who should never have this car in the first place. Prayers to the families of the pedestrians.
Yeah those are definitely non PP tires. I have those and know first hand how squirmy the GT can get with them. It simply does not have the handling capabilities of the more optioned out GT's. You have to respect the power.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I cringe whenever I hear/see people talking/posting about "spirited driving". The only place for spirited driving is the track.
Honestly, that varies per individual. For some it is drag racing. Others it could be pushing the car to maybe 6 out of a 10 scale threshold.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Probably some young and dumb kid with a new 5.0. Dangerous to say the least. I know i wasn't mature enough for that kind of power at that age.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Some people use that term to describe what is basically full on retardation. If I have a clear road with nobody around I might consider doing some stuff, otherwise I'm good with sensibility.

Yeah those are definitely non PP tires. I have those and know first hand how squirmy the GT can get with them. It simply does not have the handling capabilities of the more optioned out GT's. You have to respect the power.
It's really not bad if you just leave the traction control alone, the torque management will just delete your power if the rear wheels start spinning at all.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Bah. "A spirited drive" doesn't necessarily put anyone at risk. The key is to be responsible and stay well within the limits for the conditions including visibility and any potential traffic or pedestrians.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Some people use that term to describe what is basically full on retardation. If I have a clear road with nobody around I might consider doing some stuff, otherwise I'm good with sensibility.

It's really not bad if you just leave the traction control alone, the torque management will just delete your power if the rear wheels start spinning at all.
Forgive my ignorance, but is this true in track-mode as well? I know TC is displayed as off on the cluster, but it isn't completely off right? Unless you hold the toggle up for an extended time?

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Not sure why this is even a thread. The Mustang didn't kill anyone. The driver did!

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
The overwhelming majority of people reading about this incident couldn't care less the car is a Ford Mustang.
Sponsored