Another Black Eye for the Mustang Community

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Senseless tragedy. Was that little bit of fun worth it? Guy has to live with the guilt of killing 2 people and will likely have manslaughter or criminal negligence on his record. What a great trophy to put on your shelf.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
With how easy it is to light up the tires on these cars, I can't imagine doing this on what looks like bone stock, non performance pack tires. Such dumb decisions by people who should never have this car in the first place. Prayers to the families of the pedestrians.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Driving is a privilege and should be treated as such. I'm amazed how easy it is to get a license and I think it should be much harder and taken much more seriously. It's not the car's fault just like it's never the gun's fault when life is lost. It's always the person in (or not!) control of the device. With as many people are on the roads now, the tolerance for doing dumb things needs to be tightened up for sure. As it was already said, track time to get it out of your system or take the bus till you can manage self control.

Sponsored

Mad Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2013 Fusion
This happened a few miles from where I live. What an idiot! He should do jail time.

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That road stretches for a good while and is extremely pedestrian heavy. There's also the crew club for UMass Lowell and multiple business there.

Yet people fly down it daily. As sad as it is, I'm not surprised it happened.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Tragic event. Pedestrian road kill in US is not uncommon unfortunately.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I wish people would just take it to the track. These tragedies are so unnecessary.
Amen. Such a tragedy.

This happened a few miles from where I live. What an idiot! He should do jail time.
I'm sure he will. It looks like at least 2 charges of vehicular manslaughter, probably 1 for racing if properly witnessed and verified.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Mustang driver was probably a former Chevy owner.

They're not used to all that HP..................:crackup:

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Challenger/Charger owners do equally stupid things... I had one of those previously.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I feel like the Rona is making people angsty and more likely to do stupid stuff. A GT is not a toy like people think it is, I swear half these incidents are from someone trying to show off to a passenger and turning off traction control when they have no idea how much it helps.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Anytime you have decent power at entry level prices it introduces buyers who do not respect the car's power and causes unfortunate accidents. These are the SRT-4 days all over again as odd as that comparison may seem (Mustang being the most powerful thing you can get for the money). Even on a base non PP EB catching a patch of sand w/o ESC can cause undesired results.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Anytime you have decent power at entry level prices it introduces buyers who do not respect the car's power and causes unfortunate accidents. These are the SRT-4 days all over again as odd as that comparison may seem (Mustang being the most powerful thing you can get for the money). Even on a base non PP EB catching a patch of sand w/o ESC can cause undesired results.
Cars have been getting a lot faster in general. The Mustang is definitely cheap speed but it's usually locked behind a paywall for young people in the form of insane insurance premiums, and this is why. Driver education is pathetic in this country, and the driver assistance systems have gotten so good (to help with handling all that horsepower) that people have no idea how dependent they are on them until they turn them off to impress someone.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
We have the same kind of idiots around here. But because Mustangs are uncommon and expensive here, our idiots use BMWs instead. It's the same basic recipe - lots of power, rear wheel drive, idiot behind the wheel.
We even have a saying, "each BMW has its tree".
The unfarily bad name that the Mustang gets in the States because of these morons is exactly the same that BMWs get in Romania because of our own morons.
Sponsored