Another 2015 GT 350 hits the auction block next week

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Bid goes on at $95K on this car. Its a bit tough to infer from just watching on TV, but it seems the Portland auction doesn't command the higher premiums for muscle cars. In addition, the variety of cars is quite interesting. Lots of VW Bugs and old school trucks/SUVs which makes complete sense.
Just for fun I went down to Portland this weekend and saw this very car in person (MY 15' / 1 of 4 Shadow Black / No stripes / Tech Pack)

There was typically a crowd of 5-10 people around the car each time I'd walk by it. When the car was started and moved into the line up for the block people were commenting on how amazing it sounded and how mean, beautiful or in laments terms "BADASS" the car looked.

I thing JROMAN hit the nail on the head and from my view of the auction, the NW auction scene seems to be filled with more dealers wanting to stock their showrooms and still wanting to make some hefty cash. There's just not the same vibe up here than other auctions MECUM hosts.

On the bright side and that said, even at $95K + 10% your in six figure territory for a car that stickers sub $60K . . Obviously the market has said these MY 15's cars are worth more and that's why the last two have sold for $115 - $135K + 10%

Great looking car, just stellar. :hail:
Sponsored

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Stolen at $55k.... I had a list of people who would have paid north of $75k. I Didn't really advertise myself/boast... but had a couple of driven 15's I parted with a couple months back, so I think i can attest to value and this was a very low price.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Stolen at $55k.... I had a list of people who would have paid north of $75k. I Didn't really advertise myself/boast... but had a couple of driven 15's I parted with a couple months back, so I think i can attest to value and this was a very low price.
You mean these ones!

Still miss "Captain America" a lot but they are in very good hands with 3 other 2015's sitting right beside them.

:cheers:
DSCF1590.jpg

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
That was mine (keen eyes here would have realized #134 belonged to me).... and bidding stalled at 53k but in the end I gave it away a little over msrp, post-hammer. My reserve was 57k. I'm not greedy.... it's headed to a Shelby collector in Nevada. I had my "fun" days with it. :D

If some of you are wondering why.... the (more desirable to me) R is in queue and the .2 GT3 allocation is in the books. ;)
IMG_0783.jpg

Sponsored

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I am aware this car was tracked quite a bit and the owner bought it for that exact reason! :headbang: i have no idea if that was conveyed at the auction but that might justify the price.
Actually I tracked it a total of 6x.... 3 under semi-wet conditions. The car was in good shape and well pampered by me. The AA Ft Lauderdale venue wasn't really a Ford friendly crowd. Lots on hand were Euro-car buyers. I thought it would fetch low 60's at a minimum but I was realistic and fair by setting my reserve around msrp. What didn't help neither was I had it on a Friday early afternoon docket instead of pushing for a Saturday slot where the bidder crowd was alot bigger. No biggie in the end to me... I enjoyed it beyond any 2015 owner would ever extract out of theirs. I'd rather have a GT350 that I drove with joy instead of a regular garage ornament. But that's me... and I think Mr. Shelby would be proud. I even put 4 new MPSS and a new oem front splitter a week ago. Time to move on... get that dang R built!

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I thought that Edsel Ford II signature on the dash looked familiar!

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Actually I tracked it a total of 6x.... 3 under semi-wet conditions. The car was in good shape and well pampered by me. The AA Ft Lauderdale venue wasn't really a Ford friendly crowd. Lots on hand were Euro-car buyers. I thought it would fetch low 60's at a minimum but I was realistic and fair by setting my reserve around msrp. What didn't help neither was I had it on a Friday early afternoon docket instead of pushing for a Saturday slot where the bidder crowd was alot bigger. No biggie in the end to me... I enjoyed it beyond any 2015 owner would ever extract out of theirs. I'd rather have a GT350 that I drove with joy instead of a regular garage ornament. But that's me... and I think Mr. Shelby would be proud. I even put 4 new MPSS and a new oem front splitter a week ago. Time to move on... get that dang R built!
What color did you end up with for your R?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
What color did you end up with for your R?
Grabber Blue, black roof, white stripes... plus Elect pkg because I need A/C in hot Florida! I wouldn't care if they didn't install a stereo but cold air is a must. :D

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Grabber Blue, black roof, white stripes... Elect pkg because I need A/C in got Florida! I wouldn't care if they didn't install a stereo but cold air is a must. :D
Great choice! ;) I love my GB GT350, looks good in pictures but great in person. It'll be interesting to hear your comments on the differences between the two.

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
"Bid goes on" @ Mecum Kansas City last month for a 2015 GT350 Track with 75 miles, high bid was $74K!! After reading all the previous posts here, and "investors" paying twice sticker, I question whether those purchases were a good investment. On the other hand, 2016 Gt350Rs were selling over $100K.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/KM0317-278295/2015-ford-shelby-gt350/

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Grabber Blue, black roof, white stripes... plus Elect pkg because I need A/C in hot Florida! I wouldn't care if they didn't install a stereo but cold air is a must. :D
Enjoyed reading your journey at least early on, not so much with the non GT350 emphasis later. Wondered why you didn't keep posting. Hopefully we'll be treated to more of your insights soon.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Enjoyed reading your journey at least early on, not so much with the non GT350 emphasis later. Wondered why you didn't keep posting. Hopefully we'll be treated to more of your insights soon.
Yeah I forgot the GT350 is first & foremost here! I do need to get back to that journey thread... :D

But since I got my Focus RS last June, it became my sole track weapon. I really enjoy hooning that little Ford Performance rocket. I love feeling it punch above its class and mixing it up with the bigger boys. I have over 8k miles on it now! :thumbsup:

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
That was mine (keen eyes here would have realized #134 belonged to me).... and bidding stalled at 53k but in the end I gave it away a little over msrp, post-hammer. My reserve was 57k. I'm not greedy.... it's headed to a Shelby collector in Nevada. I had my "fun" days with it. :D

If some of you are wondering why.... the (more desirable to me) R is in queue and the .2 GT3 allocation is in the books. ;)
Wasn't so much about keen eyes as it was a "discrete" sale and some of us forum members didn't want to perhaps acknowledge #134 due to potential personal reasons forcing sale. Just being polite!

I remember many times you posting other members cars for sale here on the forum. . .

I would have imagined you would have alerted some of the forum members first and maybe one of us would have helped you get top dollar or even buy the car from you.

It's not about being greedy. . I know #134 was originally Delaware car, sold for $15K over MSRP and that's no chump change.

No reason to lose money on a car when you don't have to.... Hell buy a Z28 for that! :lol:

Best of luck w/future endeavors and potential R model or GT3. If you get a VIN on your R model let me know. . Lastly, they are above car HR400 now, so we're getting close to end of production and I wish you luck on both fronts. Amazing cars to choose from. :clap2:
Sponsored