Sponsored

Annoying sound from window when opening door (video)

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ok, so this has been annoying me a bit because I have opened and closed the doors of other 15s that feel so much better because the window doesn't make this clancky sound.

Basically what it looks to be is it's not dropping down quick enough in the process of opening the door. It's catching on the window seal lip and more or less flicking off from under it and in turn making that noise.

I wiped some silicone spray on the seal hoping it would make it slicker and stop it from grabbing, but it did nothing.

Is there way of adjusting it? Anybody else's do this?

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Maybe I wasn't listening closely enough, but I had a hard time hearing anything "odd." But there was a lot of background noise too.

OP
OP
carguy

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Haha, yeah the clothes dryer was on. If you turn it up and listen again. It's pretty obvious.

Dillon Whitis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine does that exact same noise. Just heard it for the first time the other day. It went away today, but it still bothers me.

Was yours only on the drivers side or both?

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
Yea the dealer needs to look at that for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
carguy

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine does that exact same noise. Just heard it for the first time the other day. It went away today, but it still bothers me.

Was yours only on the drivers side or both?
Yeah only drivers side.

Yea the dealer needs to look at that for you.
I know, I just don't trust dealers and would rather take care of it myself if it's a simple adjustment.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ok, so this has been annoying me a bit because I have opened and closed the doors of other 15s that feel so much better because the window doesn't make this clancky sound.

Basically what it looks to be is it's not dropping down quick enough in the process of opening the door. It's catching on the window seal lip and more or less flicking off from under it and in turn making that noise.

Let's get that window quieted, carguy. Please send me a PM with your name, contact info, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealer; I'll check my resources to see how I can best assist.

Rachel

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This might be semi related and i really dont want to start a new thread but quick question...do you guys get beads of water outside your window (when it rains or wet snow) when you lower your window then raise it up? I get it in both sides. It seems like the felt outside gets soaked or is not firmly in contact with the window so i doesnt clear the water off.

burndog79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep private
Not getting resolved

Let's get that window quieted, carguy. Please send me a PM with your name, contact info, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealer; I'll check my resources to see how I can best assist.

Rachel
I just bought a GT 350 2016 that is doing the exact same thing. I took it to Ford and they just kind of shrugged their shoulders at me. I spent over $65,000 and I'm embarrassed to open my door to show the car to anyone.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just bought a GT 350 2016 that is doing the exact same thing. I took it to Ford and they just kind of shrugged their shoulders at me. I spent over $65,000 and I'm embarrassed to open my door to show the car to anyone.
Welcome and congrats on your new GT350, burndog79!

Let’s get this escalated for you as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll get the customer service manager for your area looped in.

Deysha

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I have the issue on my 2016 GT/CS,drivers side. I also had it on my 2014 S197 passenger side. This issue with the windows has been around for some time. Seems on at least 2 generations of Mustangs now.:cool:

burndog79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep private
Welcome and congrats on your new GT350, burndog79!

Let’s get this escalated for you as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll get the customer service manager for your area looped in.

Deysha
I just read in another forum that someone successfully fixed theirs. Ford had to replace the ENTIRE window regulator assembly and motor. Not just the motor. I will PM you with that info asap. I would really like to get this fixed. This is my dreamcar and ive always been bothered by it from the time I flew back east to pick the car up.

Thank you for your response.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just read in another forum that someone successfully fixed theirs. Ford had to replace the ENTIRE window regulator assembly and motor. Not just the motor. I will PM you with that info asap. I would really like to get this fixed. This is my dreamcar and ive always been bothered by it from the time I flew back east to pick the car up.

Thank you for your response.
Got it, burndog79. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha