Sponsored

Annoying sound from window when opening door (video)

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
If it is acting like the driver's window is getting caught in the weather stripping or roof edge just a little, and grabbing as you open the door, then I have it too. It also seems the driver's door is harder to close than the passengers'. The passengers side has a smooth transition between the front window/b-pillar/side window. The driver's window sticks out just a little.

Has anyone had it fixed more simply than replacing a whole assembly? My car only has 800 miles on it- my first Ford in 20 years after GMs... love it otherwise, so far. A little nervous about the service dept... but hopefully things have improved in 20 years, right?... right?... ;)
Sponsored

2dcomplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just bought a GT 350 2016 that is doing the exact same thing. I took it to Ford and they just kind of shrugged their shoulders at me. I spent over $65,000 and I'm embarrassed to open my door to show the car to anyone.
I took delivery of my GT350 early this month, and I too have issues with the window glass catching (bad enough that it pops pretty loudly when opening the door). Sadly in my case, that's not the only issue. The glass on the driver's side is significantly more loose than the passenger side, so when you get in and close the door, it flaps around on the weather stripping for a moment. Trust me, it sounds really cheap. I expect a nice positive *chunk* sound, and instead I get a pretty epic drum roll. :tsk:

Been back to the dealership once already, with no love. It's going back to the dealership (Skagit Ford in Burlington, WA) again tomorrow morning.

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I know this is an old thread but, My drivers and passengers windows both make pop and crack noise when going up and down, not consistently, intermittently. Sometimes there's no noise at all. And the drivers window seem to be loose compared to the passengers window. Very cheap sounding, never had this problem on my s197, ever!
Sponsored