Sponsored

Annoying dash-to-windshield glare!

richmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Race Red 5.0 Premium

n8Tblm5PLYVibTbYVTLpFifnFr=w524-h698-no?authuser=0.jpg

Pretty tough to show in pictures, but I'm sure everyone here knows exactly what I'm talking about. Right there above the hood. Is there any sort of black type of material/product we can insert/secure on that part of the dash to stop the reflection of the dash hitting the windshield? Seriously annoying when the windshield is clean and you have to deal with that thing directly in your line of sight.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I use a non shiny product to clean the top of the dash. Adams VRT, or just water on a microfiber cloth.
If you use something like armour all you will get a massive shiny glare.

No reflections for me.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
open-weave (think bath towel) dash cover from CoverKing etc. If you get a cover that is smooth it will reflect - not necessarily annoying but clearly visible as a reflection. I put a piece of drum mat on the little ledge in the center of the dash so the sun doesn't reflect off the plastic and blind the "digital" readouts. Some hobby/crafts felt will also do the trick.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Tint your windshield. I have a mid level tint on mine and can see at night no problem.
Even streets without lights it’s not an issue.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
n8Tblm5PLYVibTbYVTLpFifnFr=w524-h698-no?authuser=0.jpg
Pretty tough to show in pictures, but I'm sure everyone here knows exactly what I'm talking about. Right there above the hood. Is there any sort of black type of material/product we can insert/secure on that part of the dash to stop the reflection of the dash hitting the windshield? Seriously annoying when the windshield is clean and you have to deal with that thing directly in your line of sight.
Polarized sunglasses.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Do you you also have glare on the center info display (between the speedo and tach)? If the sun is directly overhead I can't even read it due to the glare. I'm thinking to try some different materials there and cut them on a Cricut.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have seen this on many cars. When it is really bad, it is usually caused by a shiny / oily dressing, like armor all.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Its the glare from the hood and the plastichrome on the interior that really hurts my eyes

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Tint your windshield. I have a mid level tint on mine and can see at night no problem.
Even streets without lights it’s not an issue.
I have dark tint on the sides and back, and an equally dark longer than 6" visor. Its great, that car is like a cave.
Sponsored