Angry Neighbor Uses Expanding Foam To Silence Mustang GT's Exhaust

CoolHandLuke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R (Chassis #LR001)
That sorry bastard would be buying a new set of teeth and walking with a permanent limp if he vandalized my vehicle. There are three things you don't mess with- another man's wife, his dog or his car. Dumb prick.
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
That sorry bastard would be buying a new set of teeth and walking with a permanent limp if he vandalized my vehicle. There are three things you don't mess with- another man's wife, his dog or his car. Dumb prick.
You don't mess with a mans chinchilla, Don King chia pet, and especially his vehicle. Fuckers!

Seriously though... it would be difficult to hold back from committing physical violence.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I must have missed the part where someone "on this forum" said shoot them for doing it. What I did see was people saying that first, the note is a threat and secondly the person would have to be breaking into their garage and threatening harm. Go back and read what I wrote, and I think you can see what I mean.

You guys taking about shooting people over this dispute are part of the sickness. Are you so uncreative or so weak that this is the best you can come up with?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
That actually sounds kind of mellow - but hard to guage volume on video. There was a guy who used to come to my office who made me cringe every time he idled through the parking lot - I don't know his setup but it sounded like LTs, no cats, no mufflers.

That said - no one should ever fuck with another man's car - period.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
my response to that would be to stuff 2 part epoxy in all their keyholes I could find. front door, car door. trunk lock etc etc
Word! Even easier: freshly used chewing gum stuffed in all lock cylinders in the offenders car. Work like a charm:). Oh! Did i mention a sledge hammer thru the windshield?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
This is why my next exhaust upgrade will be a full varex kit. I'm moving to an area with a lot of people around and I'm concerned my simple borla S type on cold starts may rouse some to call the cops. If they do then I'll be getting a full exhaust system that's as quiet as stock when I want it to be.
I like the idea of the Xforce/Varex exhaust.

Do we know how much it would cost to install the factory Active Exhaust?

The $1,200+ Xforce offers oval v. round mufflers. Do we know reasons to choose one over the other?

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
You think people want to get killed? If you come into my property to vandalize my property, be ready to take back some lead. I dont take that lightly, s**t like that doesnt happen here in Florida.
I always think of the Southpark episode when a loud harley goes by haha.

Totally replied the wrong person, oops

Last edited:

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I like the idea of the Xforce/Varex exhaust.

Do we know how much it would cost to install the factory Active Exhaust?

The $1,200+ Xforce offers oval v. round mufflers. Do we know reasons to choose one over the other?
I didn't bother with the factory active exhaust because it is basically useless with headers and louder mufflers. I poured over tons of videos. Varex does it best by far and controlled by your phone to boot. My only gripe is I don't like the sound of their catback system with stock headers but it sounds perfect with their LTs, I plan on going FBO so I need that sound control for the area I live in.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
*69 calls the last number that dialed you.
*67 blocks your number

I know cause I use it :) still works

Okay cool

I have no idea how this stuff works. I just saw the # in that pic and asked

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I'll start my cars with the garage door closed sometimes, on a Sunday morning, but most of the time it's door up and cold start. These are street/touring systems though and less aggressive but it's still loud AF. I tend to look at my neighbors in that situation and I think that they're presence in the neighborhood isn't all that transparent, either.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Seems as if the "angry neighbor" resorted to an act some regard as violence (against a car exhaust). I don't see the quotation from the letter as "threat"; there are plenty of things that might cause Our Hero car owner to regret any subsequent "egging on" (What is that, anyway?).

We don't know what interchanges had taken place prior to the Notorious Expanding Foam incident, but can surmise from "finally found" that there had been somewhere around none. Neighbor was clearly in the wrong to do any kind of damage to Our Hero's car. One could possibly justify retaliation at a similar level of actual harm to physical objects (glue in keyholes has been suggested), but harm to human bodies should not yet (if ever) be in the equation.

Can those shooters and beaters-up actually hear themselves speaking? Not much harm in posing online, but in the real world, society will eventually find a way to reduce the number and kind of choices perpetrators are allowed to make.

Slightly different subject, same exhaust theme: There is a young fellow next door who drives a few-year-old BMW convertible. His exhaust is not LOUD loud, but distinctive. We always know when he comes and goes. It's an automatic, but he habitually shifts it down a couple houses up the street, and by the time it gets to us, it's popping and banging like a racing car. But still not LOUD.

My first question: Do I get to confront this fellow about his distinctive, loud but not LOUD exhaust noise? I am inclined to remember the time when people living above the San Diego Stadium complained about racing car noise coming from usage of the parking lot for—get this—car racing. SCCA region did a supervised, certified sound level test that showed the volume of noise was not as significant as its distinctiveness, when it came to complaining about it. I think we don't know if the Hero's exhaust was LOUD (Legal matter) or disturbingly distinctive (matter of attention and opinion).

Second question: Popping and banging of exhausts on deceleration. Really? Is it true you can get your PCM tuned to produce this effect, which used to be an indication of some kind of engine defect? Really? As in the case of loud, distinctive exhaust sounds, I fail to see the attraction.

Third question: Will you be pleased to know that I convinced the young popper and banger to eliminate his downshifts by doing the same thing in front of his house with my then-loudish GT (Borla SwitchFire® crossover x-pipe resonator replacement). I didn't have to say a thing, or mess with his car, or hit him, or anything.

sdstads.jpg
Mustang13GTstadiumAutocross.jpg

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I’m betting the douche bag that did that was in law enforcement. They seamed awful sure police wouldn’t do anything if called.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of big talking going on here,

Quote the asshat
"I'm surprised shti like this doesn't happen more often."Especially to Harleys.

Must be short, wife bosses him around, not educated enough to spell shit:cwl:

Last edited: