Angry Neighbor Uses Expanding Foam To Silence Mustang GT's Exhaust

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
When my cars are home they stay IN the garage which goes a long way toward preventing such nonsense. That said, there are some stupidly loud S550 exhausts - even on start up and idle - that likely draw unwanted attention.
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
When my cars are home they stay IN the garage which goes a long way toward preventing such nonsense. That said, there are some stupidly loud S550 exhausts - even on start up and idle - that likely draw unwanted attention.
Exactly! My last house had a three car garage, but our new house only has a two car. Fortunately, the garage has 14' ceilings, so as soon as I get a four post lift, I'll be able to keep all three cars in the garage.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a neighbor who has no stones, but likes vandalizing cars. Iā€™ve asked neighbors to turn down noise and Iā€™ve also utilized law enforcement when I knew it was drunk idiots. Never have taken it upon myself to damage someoneā€™s property. I have a neighbor with a loud Z car but heā€™s young and likes it I guess. Doesnā€™t wake me up so donā€™t care.

I really donā€™t get having an insanely loud exhaust all the time. It would get old in a hurry. To me, cutouts or something like it makes much more sense for a street car.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I'd fill their whole mailbox with expanding foam lol

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If it is true...and as the owner of 10+ Mustangs in my life, many modified to the point of being obnoxiously loud, I do my best to be sympathetic to my neighbors. Quite start till 7 am with the 2018. No driving of the "hot rod" (408 equipped 94) until mid morning nor late night start ups. No revving or gunning the throttle as I'm driving out of the neighborhood. If you don't exercise some level of restraint, then that makes you an ass...plain and simple. There likely is more to the story than is written. While I don't condone what happened to the guys car, if he wasn't considerate...I have no sympathy for him or his car. BE CONSIDERATE.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Wow that guy is a major prick and heā€™s asking for trouble.

Anyone *69 513 424 7700 yet ?

or is it *69 313 424 7700 ?

Itā€™s either a 5 or 3 ( that 1st number )
*69 calls the last number that dialed you.
*67 blocks your number

I know cause I use it :) still works

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Assuming this is real, it sucks on all sides.

If you have a super loud exhaust and you are inconsiderate of your neighbors, youā€™re an ass. If you have such a stick up your butt that you canā€™t tolerate any evidence of your neighborsā€™ lifestyle, youā€™re also an ass.

Iā€™ll say that the vandalism takes the cake as the low road here...the threats in the letter are just part of our current hateful angry culture.

You guys taking about shooting people over this dispute are part of the sickness. Are you so uncreative or so weak that this is the best you can come up with?

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
Pretty sure itā€™s true, the guy came in on the Facebook page that Iā€™m on and posted it up right after he found it the note and shit in his exhaust.

Good luck getting in my yard or to my car. I have Dobermans and guns, although I might just taser your ass and beat you up over and over while having the wife call the police.

Sponsored

Wb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Aaron Robertson happy Memorial Day your a pussy go kick your neighbors ass ! Hope you get this message thatā€™s what I would do .

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Hope it's not real!

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/a...nding-foam-to-silence-mustangs-noisy-exhaust/
20200524_233920.jpg

Angry Neighbor Allegedly Uses Expanding Foam To Silence Mustangā€™s Noisy Exhaust

Weā€™ve probably all been woken up by a neighbor with a loud exhaust at some point in our lives, but how many of us have acted on it?

Weā€™d guess very few, but thatā€™s certainly not the case this time around.

In a Facebook post, Aaron Robinson uploaded a picture of his carā€™s exhaust system apparently filled with Great Stuff foam. The post was accompanied by a letter allegedly written by an angry neighbor.

It reads ā€œI finally found you! You want our attention, you donā€™t want our attention. You have 14 days to fix the mufflers or put the stock [exhaust] back on.ā€ It then threatened ā€œDonā€™t egg us on, you will only regret it. We encourage you to call the police [or] install video [cameras], nothing will work.ā€ It then finished by saying ā€œFix your muffler!ā€

While you canā€™t take things on the internet at face value, Robinson insisted the incident happened and replied to a comment suggesting he filed a police report. He also said ā€œI hope someone gets covid and dies a slow painful death over this.ā€

Thatā€™s going a bit too far, but damaging someoneā€™s vehicle is obviously illegal and uncalled for. However, a number of people can probably sympathize with the alleged neighbor.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F5yuC2vIsQJdoA%2Fgiphy.gif

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
To anyone saying stuff like "Well obviously his exhaust is too loud and he should change it." OK, sure, maybe. However, that doesn't warrant you to fill his exhaust with expanding foam. Perhaps just leave a note on his front door and don't resort to the destruction of property and vandalization.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
The comments on that post are mind blowing. I can't believe the amount of comments supporting the neighbor's actions. I would never consider touching someone else's property. People today cannot act like adults. Our society is hateful and selfish. The angry neighbor could have tried to have an adult conversation with the owner of the car and explain his frustration with the noise level. Be considerate to others even if something another person does is aggravating you. Now in this case, the gloves are off. Especially with the threats in the letter. If I was the owner of the car and I figured out who the neighbor was, it wouldn't be pretty. To come onto another person's residence to vandalize their property is a lame, pussy move. And is potentially scary. Who knows what the neighbor could do next. Be an adult. I'm all for acting like an adult and being professional, but try this crap with me, and there will be aggressive confrontation. That being said, we weren't there and don't know the full situation. Maybe the owner of the car is careless and romps the car around obnoxiously. To me, it still doesn't warrant the neighbor vandalizing and damaging the vehicle though. There are other courses of action to take to try to resolve disagreements.

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
This is why my next exhaust upgrade will be a full varex kit. I'm moving to an area with a lot of people around and I'm concerned my simple borla S type on cold starts may rouse some to call the cops. If they do then I'll be getting a full exhaust system that's as quiet as stock when I want it to be.
Sponsored