Sponsored

Anderson Composites will be offering carbon fiber components for the GT500 in 2020.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The contour of the wing body alone exudes strength. Shaped like an extruded arc with plates on each end using extremely lightweight yet strong, carbon fiber. I'm certain the wing from Anderson will be as robust as you'd ever need.
Sponsored

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
Can’t wait to see the parts. My car hasn’t even been pulled for assembly yet and I am already finding too much nice stuff! Especially interested in the wing as I have a base coming and it would be nice to swap to a GT4/CFTP style spoiler for the road course driving I plan on doing.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed it does. Is the plan for a hood of the same dimensions, mirroring the stock one except in CF?

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Indeed it does. Is the plan for a hood of the same dimensions, mirroring the stock one except in CF?
We have made a replacement cf hood that was molded from the OE 500 hood. The OE center vent can be swapped to our hood as we have replicated all the mounting holes on the backside along with windshield nozzles etc. Our hood will also accommodate the factory equipped hood pins. Utilizing the cf hood will not allow the use of the factory hood strut, it is rated for the heavier factory hood.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wondered about that. Not having my own GT500 yet I can't take a closer look at the strut being used. I wonder if there is a similar strut that could be used that has less pressure. I'd much rather pay and go that route than to acquire and install <gasp> an OEM prop rod.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Do the front fenders in CF too please.
OEM style will be most popular, but GT500 with the 350 style rear vent would be my choice.
Great news on the hood.
If your hood and fenders take 50# off the nose and I can find some lightweight of carbon front rotors I’ll be happy.
Revalved front hood strut would be ideal.
Tob is getting his first, I’ll just follow his lead....then add 200hp thru boost and corn :)
Maybe lose some weight with lighter wheels too.
-J

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this rate it'll be another year before this thing ever shows up.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A nice look at what Anderson will be bringing to the table. I didn't see or hear mention of the CFTP wing though. And a minor slip at the :32 mark, the OEM hood is not made of aluminum...

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Car looks amazing! I like the regular wheels over the carbon ones. The car looks much more cleaner than the carbon oem package.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
AC did an amazing job with the new car and what a difference. Those CF replacements look so much better than the factory plastic. And that HOOD...all I can say is, WOW!

'Course, to outfit your new vehicle with all twelve of them would probably cost half as much as the car itself. <smiling>

WELL DONE, AC!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What? No GT4 wing?

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
A nice look at what Anderson will be bringing to the table. I didn't see or hear mention of the CFTP wing though. And a minor slip at the :32 mark, the OEM hood is not made of aluminum...
The hood is made of aluminum and a composite material. We're pleased Bill Tumas stopped by our booth today and had some great one-on-one with us and this great car. SEMA day 1 was crazy busy for us. GT4 wing? yes, on our to-do list along with turn signal bezels and lower grille molding.
Sponsored