Sponsored

Anderson Composites will be offering carbon fiber components for the GT500 in 2020.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
AC: I KNOW you were teasing the audience by only showing JUST enough of that front splitter to make us drool. Problem is, despite acute OCD, I still manage to ding mine..<sigh> regularly. I'd die if I did that to a CF splitter.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Goddam, we need some more photos of that.
Apologies to Anderson - I'll be brief.:)

Car has entire Maximum catalog of parts on the car (torque arm, panhard bar, adj sway bars, k-member, tubular control arms, coilovers, etc, with only rod ends or delrin bushings throughout), TR3550 trans, 3.55 gears with a T2R differential and 31 spline axles. I built the engine this past winter (stock bore/stroke, E303 cam, Edelbrock RPM heads, Air Gap intake manifold, Holley 650 Vacuum secondary), yanking the entire fuel injection system. I bent all new fuel and brake lines and added a mechanical fuel pump. Cooling system is all custom from the radiator, twin fan assembly, fan control unit, fittings and hoses. Wheels are 18" x 11" at each corner, tires are 295/30/18F and 315/30/18R. Flares are CF and hood is glass from Cervini. Hood and fender louvers are from Trackspec. I have plenty of bodywork to do next summer and the entire interior will be redone as well.

It has been a great vehicle for therapy post open heart surgery and works well as a distraction from the GT500 rollout debacle.

IMG_5868-X3.jpg

IMG_6182-X2.jpg

And a quick clip of the first time I fired up the engine and rolled drove out of the shop.

I better stop as this thread from Anderson is a great one.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Wow, fun read, thanks for the video and details.

I'm sure Anderson will be OK, they make kick-ass parts, and that won't change with the slight thread detour :D

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
E: GREAT looking ride and umm...that sound, yeah MAN! Beautiful job on the engine motor thingy, too. <grin>

But most importantly, I was SO glad to read that you had a successful surgery...CONGRATS and thank goodness for medical technology.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Question, sure all the carbon fiber looks great. But in all honesty how many guys want to rush out and modify the looks of their 100k Shelby?
If this was my 1998 Integra Id be all over it. With this Shelby I am feeling much more conservative with my desire to modify the beauty.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a fair argument. The weight savings from a CF splitter, wickers, hood louver, bumper cover may not add up to a significant amount but will offer a savings nonetheless. If you are into fiber these pieces offer a huge aesthetic improvement, especially when they are near Class A in terms of fitment/quality. For me, I'm hungry for the GT4 wing, and the aforementioned pieces will balance the look from the front to the rear.

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Apologies to Anderson - I'll be brief.:)

Car has entire Maximum catalog of parts on the car (torque arm, panhard bar, adj sway bars, k-member, tubular control arms, coilovers, etc, with only rod ends or delrin bushings throughout), TR3550 trans, 3.55 gears with a T2R differential and 31 spline axles. I built the engine this past winter (stock bore/stroke, E303 cam, Edelbrock RPM heads, Air Gap intake manifold, Holley 650 Vacuum secondary), yanking the entire fuel injection system. I bent all new fuel and brake lines and added a mechanical fuel pump. Cooling system is all custom from the radiator, twin fan assembly, fan control unit, fittings and hoses. Wheels are 18" x 11" at each corner, tires are 295/30/18F and 315/30/18R. Flares are CF and hood is glass from Cervini. Hood and fender louvers are from Trackspec. I have plenty of bodywork to do next summer and the entire interior will be redone as well.

It has been a great vehicle for therapy post open heart surgery and works well as a distraction from the GT500 rollout debacle.

IMG_5868-X3.jpg

IMG_6182-X2.jpg

And a quick clip of the first time I fired up the engine and rolled drove out of the shop.

I better stop as this thread from Anderson is a great one.
Well i gotta admit, that's a nice build! I dig that small block and great attention to detail.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope to do the same to the GT500 I've been waiting on with plenty of gear from you. Thanks for the kind words.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I love CF, but thess pieces would be minimal weight savings and only look pretty sitting in a parking lot. I am just wondering who honestly is looking to pay a couple thousand for spliiter

TexxasGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2018 Rator, 2020 GT500
When will parts and pricing be available? Group buy possible?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
When will parts and pricing be available? Group buy possible?
Pricing will be available in November (SEMA). Hopefully components will be in full production by January.