Sponsored

Anderson Composites will be offering carbon fiber components for the GT500 in 2020.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Without question, '87-'93 has the greatest market potential by far. Hatchbacks comprising the greatest numbers but interestingly enough, notchbacks have become just as popular and look to be in greater demand.

Much of the OEM hardware is long gone and while almost everything you could think of is available but is now produced offshore. Quality is more miss than hit.

Interestingly enough, the buying demographic has come full circle. Post original owner, these vehicles became high mileage 2nd and 3rd owner daily drivers. Younger buyers/owners with limited income sought out Fox hardware based on price, for a number of years. Now we are entering an era where owners have money to play with and everyone wants a unique build. Quality carbon fiber hoods an aero are a crapshoot (if what you are looking for is even offered) - same for interior dress up pieces in fiber.

Interest has grown for wide bodied cars as everyone wants to modernize and there just isn't room for crazy wheel/tire sizes without modifying the fenders/quarter panels. The two most popular in the game are Maier Racing and Chicane23 (carrying what was offered by Tiger Racing). I'm using Chicane23's CF flares on my own coupe and they require a bit of rework when trying to squeeze an 18"+ wheel with anything larger than a 295 up front (especially with a forward offset suspension such as that from Maximum Motorsports) or a 315 out back. My wish list includes a well done CF flared full fender (Tiger's are awful), quarter flare, CF spoiler, and a new design rear spoiler for coupes and hatchbacks. I've yet to see anyone in the Fox aftermarket match your quality and wish you guys were in the game here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Without question, '87-'93 has the greatest market potential by far. Hatchbacks comprising the greatest numbers but interestingly enough, notchbacks have become just as popular and look to be in greater demand.

Much of the OEM hardware is long gone and while almost everything you could think of is available but is now produced offshore. Quality is more miss than hit.

Interestingly enough, the buying demographic has come full circle. Post original owner, these vehicles became high mileage 2nd and 3rd owner daily drivers. Younger buyers/owners with limited income sought out Fox hardware based on price, for a number of years. Now we are entering an era where owners have money to play with and everyone wants a unique build. Quality carbon fiber hoods an aero are a crapshoot (if what you are looking for is even offered) - same for interior dress up pieces in fiber.

Interest has grown for wide bodied cars as everyone wants to modernize and there just isn't room for crazy wheel/tire sizes without modifying the fenders/quarter panels. The two most popular in the game are Maier Racing and Chicane23 (carrying what was offered by Tiger Racing). I'm using Chicane23's CF flares on my own coupe and they require a bit of rework when trying to squeeze an 18"+ wheel with anything larger than a 295 up front (especially with a forward offset suspension such as that from Maximum Motorsports) or a 315 out back. My wish list includes a well done CF flared full fender (Tiger's are awful), quarter flare, CF spoiler, and a new design rear spoiler for coupes and hatchbacks. I've yet to see anyone in the Fox aftermarket match your quality and wish you guys were in the game here.
thanks for the info. Since we usually start with a hood, i'm guessing a cowl hood would be preferred?

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
We will have a GT500 with our carbon fiber components installed and on display at our booth at SEMA. We're looking forward to 2020!
GT500_supercharger.jpg
Is there any chance of your GT500 hood fitting the GT350? If not, do you happen to know where the the interference is? I know a lot of 350 guys have been looking for a taller hood and I was hoping this would fit.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the info. Since we usually start with a hood, i'm guessing a cowl hood would be preferred?
It's rare that anyone is looking for a stock '87-'93 hood in CF. Having followed the market for a few decades now I'd say that a cowl hood is much preferred and the typical go-to purchase. The market is saturated with them though to be honest (in fiberglass, anyway). Cervini's has a pretty good lock on the hood market in the Fox world so I'd suggest taking a look at what they offer. I purchased their '95R Fox style hood and I'll be honest, the quality is first rate. Weight is slightly less than stock. If you are indeed coming out with a CF hood louver for the 2020 GT500 I'd suggest considering an '87-'93 cowl hood that integrates that same louver. People have gotten smarter about functionality and understand airflow that gets moved from under the hood reduces lift as opposed to years ago when many just wanted a scoop to allow heat to rise up via convection to reduce engine bay temperatures.

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Is there any chance of your GT500 hood fitting the GT350? If not, do you happen to know where the the interference is? I know a lot of 350 guys have been looking for a taller hood and I was hoping this would fit.
The 350 hood will not fit the 500. we already verified that. Difference in width, length and slope.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that a replacement piece or a cover? Splitter looks nice too!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm getting excited about this car again. Can't wait to see everything you are going to offer.

Splitter wickers too?

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Here's what we have going on in our shop right now!
front_bumper.jpg
I like a lot it looks like you guys are doing a good job of spending my money...lol. I can’t wait to see everything you put out think most of it will end up on my car.

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I like a lot it looks like you guys are doing a good job of spending my money...lol. I can’t wait to see everything you put out think most of it will end up on my car.
I think this car will turn out amazing (and yours as well)!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Sizzling hawt. The hooptie would love some quality fiber as progress moves forward...

IMG_6082-X3.jpg

Sorry, had to.:)

Can't wait to see this GT4 wing and am thrilled that yet again there is a way to bypass the choices Ford management made in option content and availability. Thank God for the aftermarket.
Goddam, we need some more photos of that.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.