5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Yeah, we can let Anderson Composites give us both prices when they decide on a design. People are definitely wanting to know prices and just about all of them so far want recessed areas on the hood for round hood pins like the GT500. Quick Latch is the company that comes to mind, so we would need to decide on the size that works best.

These are the Quick Latch QL-50 low profile option:

QL-50-LP-BP_550x825.jpg
AC is looking for us to provide input on wet or dry based on what people are willing to pay for. If the majority would be willing to pay the extra for lower weight, the decision would favor a dry carbon hood. My guess is wet would be around the same as their current offering for the GT500. I told AC I was comfortable with $2,500 ish for dry carbon, but I'd see what the community thought. I just want to see it come to market.

As far as hood pins are concerned, I love the quick latch option. If those are OEM on the GT500 I think it makes sense to use those.
Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
AC is looking for us to provide input on wet or dry based on what people are willing to pay for. If the majority would be willing to pay the extra for lower weight, the decision would favor a dry carbon hood. My guess is wet would be around the same as their current offering for the GT500. I told AC I was comfortable with $2,500 ish for dry carbon, but I'd see what the community thought. I just want to see it come to market.

As far as hood pins are concerned, I love the quick latch option. If those are OEM on the GT500 I think it makes sense to use those.
I'm sure it would be fair to say it depends on the total cost of both the vent and hood combined. If they are saying we have to purchase the carbon vent exclusively through Ford Performance, which is roughly $1300......then a wet carbon hood offering of $1500 is most likely the way to go for most people to keep the entire setup reasonably priced. A price point of $3500 combined will most likely stray quite a few away with a dry ONLY offering. Can both wet & dry options be available?

EDITED** More like $1300 for the vent alone from Ford.

Most on Facebook seem to want the integrated hood pin recessed holes (including me) and some specifically stated they are IN but do not want a $3500 CF hood price point.

AC-HD20FDMU500-OE_01_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I'm sure it would be fair to say it depends on the total cost of both the vent and hood combined. If they are saying we have to purchase the carbon vent exclusively through Ford Performance, which is roughly $1000......then a wet carbon hood offering of $1500 is most likely the way to go for most people to keep the entire setup reasonably priced. A price point of $3500 combined will most likely stray quite a few away with a dry ONLY offering.

Most on Facebook seem to want the integrated hood pin recessed holes (including me) and some specifically stated they are IN but do not want a $3500 CF hood price point.

AC-HD20FDMU500-OE_01_1024x1024.jpg
That's the direction I'm leaning as well. I'll send links to all these discussions to AC tomorrow morning and keep everyone in the loop. Thank you for reaching out on Facebook as well, I love that the people that want this are being heard!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Recessed hood pins would be the bomb! Only challenge with this would be location though. It'd be a challenge to get the pins lined up every single time to match the recessed area...maybe. Maybe not.

BUT... then there's the issue of the difference in cars. Pre '18 guys don't have the GT500 style radiator support with the area made for the pins. They have to go just aft of there in the holes in the metal frame part. This would force Anderson to make two different hoods...or else someone is gonna be SOOL.

But, recessed hood pins would be that last straw, so-to-speak...that would be the detail to make it irresistible.

I would also vote as bad ass as the dry carbon is, probably not worth the expense if you're gonna paint. I would paint but let the carbon of the vent show.

And how is Cervini getting away with only using the factory hood latch w/no pins? I assume the Anderson hood will have both, correct?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Me personally, I'd be completely happy with a one piece hood. Why make the vent a separate piece? The current three vent hood is not separate pieces.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Me personally, I'd be completely happy with a one piece hood. Why make the vent a separate piece? The current three vent hood is not separate pieces.
because they already mfg the center vent for ford, so they may be bound to not produce that component for anyone else... ford prob wouldn't like it if they worked around that by making it one peice.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I’m in.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Following

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Watching this thread intently in case Anderson is still waffling if there's a market for this.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
:bandit:
Sponsored