5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Hey Everyone,

I have some good news for you boosted folks and those like myself wanting to play with a Cobra Jet intake. I've been going back and forth with Anderson Composites over the last couple days about getting a GT500 offering for the GT350. I offered to reach out and collect interest and they agreed. After a meeting of their team, Anderson Composites can make the hood either wet or dry carbon and is interested in seeing what all of you think. The vent itself will be dry carbon, but the hood could be produced either way.

So here's where the community's feedback comes in. What price point would you like to see the hood come in at, not including the price of the vent? The current GT500 hood, not including the price of the vent, is $1,599 in wet carbon. I'd personally like to see this hood in dry carbon for the maximum weight loss.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!
Sponsored

Last edited:

REVolutionist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT 350 R w/Black & Red Stripes
I would think most interested want the GT500 style hood to have a vent. If the vent werenā€™t a part of it people would just get a cowl hood.

So Iā€™m not sure too many want a hood designed like the 500 but with no real benefit other then clearance. I believe most want the heat extraction capabilities. However, some have openly said they would like the ability in inclement weather to have a plate of sorts to prevent rain from getting on the motor from the venting.

OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
I would think most interested want the GT500 style hood to have a vent. If the vent werenā€™t a part of it people would just get a cowl hood.

So Iā€™m not sure too many want a hood designed like the 500 but with no real benefit other then clearance. I believe most want the heat extraction capabilities. However, some have openly said they would like the ability in inclement weather to have a plate of sorts to prevent rain from getting on the motor from the venting.
The vent is part of the hood, but sold separately currently since I believe it's being created for Ford Performance. Not a cowl hood. It will look identical to a GT500 hood.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Anderson coming through when we need them the most, this is excellent news! Count me in for one :wink:

So it sounds like it will be a 2-piece design with the vent being produced in dry carbon. I vote dry carbon for the hood itself as well for maximum weight savings, but I will accept whatever gets this vented hood produced to be honest.

A slightly raised center would greatly help gents looking for room with a Cobra Jet Intake manifold (I've heard that request before from several owners on FB), but also for us Supercharged folks who would like to incorporate the Ford Performance Factory Strut Bar back in place.

So if Anderson Composites would keep that in mind when designing that would be excellent. I can test fit mine with spacers and see what the minimum clearance would need to be with the Whipple. They can then add the spacers on their test vehicle if that helps? Just let me know, I'm here to help.

OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Anderson coming through when we need them the most, this is excellent news! Count me in for one :wink:

So it sounds like it will be a 2-piece design with the vent being produced in dry carbon. I vote dry carbon for the hood itself as well for maximum weight savings, but I will accept whatever gets this vented hood produced to be honest.

A slightly raised center would greatly help gents looking for room with a Cobra Jet Intake manifold (I've heard that request before from several owners on FB), but also for us Supercharged folks who would like to incorporate the Ford Performance Factory Strut Bar back in place.

So if Anderson Composites would keep that in mind when designing that would be excellent. I can test fit mine with spacers and see what the minimum clearance would need to be with the Whipple. They can then add the spacers on their test vehicle if that helps? Just let me know, I'm here to help.
Yup, that's correct! This would be identical to the GT500 hood except it will fit the GT350.

Sponsored

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
5.2 liters of democracy I made a Facebook post about the Cervini hood, everyone loves that hood except where the hood meets the bumper. The angle is wrong and it looks like a bulge. Are you on the Shelby GT350 Nation Facebook group? I can tag you in it to show you.

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they can make it just like this except without the bulge where the hood meets the bumper. It would be perfect and a ton would buy it. I believe it is raised like this bc they want to clear the strut tower brace. There was a ton of interest on my Facebook post.
9E154106-50A0-419A-8B9F-D41572611F3A.jpeg
BF80DD81-C8A0-49E9-8EDC-D7E37BC7B6AF.jpeg
DD8648C3-BDBD-4097-AF99-B3DD508503FD.jpeg
2D3E78DF-4488-463C-A9C0-BF53067777FE.jpeg
62F29014-6B49-48EC-BB4E-223F978F2CC0.jpeg
897B594D-1606-44D7-9A50-500CC5DA33BB.jpeg
BC0BBA7A-62FD-4B8C-8FEB-80778038DBFA.jpeg
22987682-6391-494B-8681-3702A652A2D8.jpeg
02C3DCEE-6CAA-475F-AEE1-32CA4392B65B.jpeg

xRAZGRIZ1127x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2019 Gt350
After cervini revealed their hood, I was kinda on the fence, especially the way the hood to bumper fitment had that extra rake in the front, so im really hoping this project goes forward. The few things I wanna see with this hood are:
1. Has to have better front bumper to hood body panel alignment (not like the cervini hood)
2. Definitely needs the hood vent with rain tray (whole point of hood)
3. Would really like to see the recessed hood pin locations made so all we have to do is purchase the hood latch kit and itll look even more oem.

Also bc I've never owned a cf part, they can be painted to match body color... right? Thanks all.

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldnā€™t mind if it wasnā€™t carbon, I just want it done right. like the guy above, Iā€™m going to paint it and put on new stripes to match the rest of the car. so even fiberglass is fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
5.2 liters of democracy I made a Facebook post about the Cervini hood, everyone loves that hood except where the hood meets the bumper. The angle is wrong and it looks like a bulge. Are you on the Shelby GT350 Nation Facebook group? I can tag you in it to show you.
I actually forwarded that to Anderson Composites when I reached out. The fitment is really bad.

After cervini revealed their hood, I was kinda on the fence, especially the way the hood to bumper fitment had that extra rake in the front, so im really hoping this project goes forward. The few things I wanna see with this hood are:
1. Has to have better front bumper to hood body panel alignment (not like the cervini hood)
2. Definitely needs the hood vent with rain tray (whole point of hood)
3. Would really like to see the recessed hood pin locations made so all we have to do is purchase the hood latch kit and itll look even more oem.

Also bc I've never owned a cf part, they can be painted to match body color... right? Thanks all.
1. Agreed. It would need to flow with the body lines the same as oem.
2. It would have the rain tray, AC confirmed that.
3. I like this idea a lot as well, especially since it makes it easy for 350 owners to install hood pins, especially 2019+ owners that have the recessed areas in the carbon composite piece.

Carbon can be painted to match body color.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350

I too would love for them to create a recessed area for the round Quick Latch hood pins. Hood pins are a requirement for carbon hoods to begin with.

You can most definitely have carbon panels painted, this is what I'll be doing myself along with putting the OEM stripes back on.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I created threads on Shelby GT350 Nation and Boosted GT350ā€™s on Facebook. I am receiving solid feedback, so we can forward everyone's input to Anderson as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
I created threads on GT350 Nation and Boosted GT350 on Facebook. I am receiving solid feedback, so we can forward everyone's input to Anderson as well.
That's excellent news. I created one on TMO. Anderson Composites is really looking to gather what people would be willing to pay for both a wet and dry carbon version as well if the people on those sites have provided that. I've shared my expectations with them, but I don't want to put a number in anyone's head and skew the results. I based my answers purely on Anderson's current offerings of wet and dry carbon hoods.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
That's excellent news. I created one on TMO. Anderson Composites is really looking to gather what people would be willing to pay for both a wet and dry carbon version as well if the people on those sites have provided that. I've shared my expectations with them, but I don't want to put a number in anyone's head and skew the results. I based my answers purely on Anderson's current offerings of wet and dry carbon hoods.
Yeah, we can let Anderson Composites give us both prices when they decide on a design. People are definitely wanting to know prices and just about all of them so far want recessed areas on the hood for round hood pins like the GT500. Quick Latch is the company that comes to mind, so we would need to decide on the size that works best.

These are the Quick Latch QL-50 low profile option:

QL-50-LP-BP_550x825.jpg
Sponsored