Sponsored

Anderson Composites GT500 CFTP Wing Showed Up..

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Not sure how you are so forgiving on the shipping and packaging.
That wing should have been suspended in foam cut to the shape of the ends with support across both the top and bottom of the wing as well.
No shipping company will ever accept fault due to the way that part was packaged.

Again not very well thought out at all AC.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Just for you.

20220405_120603(1).jpg
oO I am digging that vibe. Very well put together.

As for the wing, its nice, the damage sucks, I wonder how much it would be to get fix ? I am sure those things could be repaired. Are you going to use the GT4 mounts I take it ? Surprising how much higher the mounts are side by side.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Lol I knew you’d pipe in, I was just generalizing since I have no idea what all is involved.
The worst part is around the one mount. I would probably first try drill/injection before I went tearing into it. I dont know how hard the impact was and if the foam core was damaged (depressed) under the mount, but I certainly would inject under the mount in case there was a void between the carbon fiber and the foam core. Its obvious to me that AC should replace or repair that wing. Whether they do or not really depends on their acceptance of responsibility.

Damage in shipping is supposed to be the very rare exception, not the norm. Had that wing been packed right, this would have never happened.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I contacted AC via email and they have been very professional about it. I hope to talk to them on the phone when I have some free time.

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
That's so unfortunate to see. The supplier packaging could have been much better though. The average consumer may use bubble wrap with small items but that seems like a half-assed attempt, especially for a large composite structure like that wing. I would think they would use expanding foam so impacts would be absorbed a bit better across the entire part. Looks like some serious impacts or side loading occurred looking at all those cracks but the box doesnt look all that bad. Seems like insufficient packaging, damaged before shipping or it was a return from a previous customer who opened it. Hard to explain all that damage but there is some responsibility for the supplier to properly package their products before any carrier can handle them.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Very disappointing. I just recently received six boxed items from AC and a foam blanket, bubble wrap in a sized shipping box with labeling seems to be the norm. Was concerned about the large front splitter, but fortunately it appears perfect.

Still looking for splitter wickers and a rear diffuser. I will be interested in any potential repair plan and results along with any associated cost. I would expect you to be taken care of. The top surface of your wing looks awesome.

Again, very disappointed. But the end result will look and perform great!

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Just for you.

20220405_120603(1).jpg

Thanks Tom. Yeah, this wing would be soo nice in undamaged form. I'll forward a note to AC.
Did anyone not notice Tob's yoga meditation rolling pad by the left window? Puts his pillow down and the wife wheels him to the dinner table when its ready. :D

As for the wing, I have a question more directed to AC, considering this wing is out sourced and not made at AC and is shipped to AC, Is this the box that comes to AC and they dont bother to open and check and just slap labels to send it out or did they open the box it came in and rebox it and ship it out? If the latter you would think they would take notice on how its been packaged to get it to them without damage and follow suit. So one doesnt even know if the damaged occurred while transporting to them or to you.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone not notice Tob's yoga meditation rolling pad by the left window?
I thought that was a cargo dolly to take his buda with him if he wanted to go for a walk or something.

Or maybe, the wife is into yoga. Tob did say she was a Hattie a while back.... a little yoga pants action????

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I thought that was a cargo dolly to take his buda with him if he wanted to go for a walk or something.

Or maybe, the wife is into yoga. Tob did say she was a Hattie a while back.... a little yoga pants action????
Thats too fancy to be a dolly :D

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thats too fancy to be a dolly :D
No, its a fancy cargo dolly. We all know how particular Tob is.

You could not only use it for Budda, but probably a host of other things, like moving furniture, plants, even bringing in the groceries.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You guys kill me. And the only thing I know about yoga is that the person that invented yoga pants should be given a lifetime achievement award.

I spoke with Anderson late today. Good people there. I'm confident we'll work this out.
Sponsored