Anderson Composites 2020 Shelby GT500 Build & Parts - SEMA 2019

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mustang GT, 2007 F-150, 2017 MKZ, 2021 CFTP
Thanks Tomster. I've got a call in to Zach. I'll let you know what I find out on the other 2 items after talking to him.
Tomster I left
We all have our individual experiences. I have been happy with Anderson. I’m on vacation in Mexico right now and I was called by Zach this morning. He’s always been great to deal with for me, even before I had my GT500.

I make no excuse for them regarding other people’s experiences. Just like every thing else in life, experiences vary.

OK, cerveza time :beer:
Well I still have not heard from Zach at Anderson Composites but I did receive my first piece today through Lethal Perf.....got my AC CF hood.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Tomster I left

Well I still have not heard from Zach at Anderson Composites but I did receive my first piece today through Lethal Perf.....got my AC CF hood.
Happy to hear you received a piece today. I would suggest calling back as opposed to waiting for a call back. Lethal has your back, that’s for sure

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I did receive my first piece today through Lethal Perf.....got my AC CF hood.
Badass, let's see some pix!

Also, Is this snake_iconic on IG?

erolivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500, '18 Raptor, '15 STi,'11 Frontier
I had a pretty big order from Anderson Composite myself: front wickers, side skirts, sides skirt extensions, rear mud guards, rear diffuser, rear spoiler and gurney flap. 97% of the order was delivered about 2 weeks ago, then a week after that the rear mud guards came in. I'll post pictures soon.

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Badass, let's see some pix!

Also, Is this snake_iconic on IG?
2morrow, I guess I should open box to make sure hood is not damaged but it will not
be going on my current 2020 Base Model. I am waiting on 2021 CFTP and these parts will be for it.

No Sir, I am not (or have I ever been) snake_iconic

Sponsored

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I had a pretty big order from Anderson Composite myself: front wickers, side skirts, sides skirt extensions, rear mud guards, rear diffuser, rear spoiler and gurney flap. 97% of the order was delivered about 2 weeks ago, then a week after that the rear mud guards came in. I'll post pictures soon.
erolivas, Glad you got most of your parts. That's encouraging, maybe mine will be here in the near future. I'm looking forward to front bumper cover and decklid panel becoming available to order.

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Happy to hear you received a piece today. I would suggest calling back as opposed to waiting for a call back. Lethal has your back, that’s for sure
Jmeo, That's probably pretty good idea. Thanks for bringing that up.

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
2morrow, I guess I should open box to make sure hood is not damaged but it will not
be going on my current 2020 Base Model. I am waiting on 2021 CFTP and these parts will be for it.

No Sir, I am not (or have I ever been) snake_iconic
Please inspect every component you receive at time of delivery, with the driver present. This is important, you only have 24 hours to report shipping damages. All damages are then reported with documentation and photos and we can proceed to get a replacement sent. Contact the dealer ASAP as they are company that took your payment.

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I bought my hood from Lethal. It was drop shipped (no pun intended) from AC. It arrived damaged. I was told a claim would be submitted on my behalf...... (On my behalf, lol). AC's proposal to me was one of two options. Option 1 was that they would give me 10% off and I could keep the damaged hood (gee, thanks, lol). Option 2 was for me to take a sawzall out (a saw) and cut the hood in half and then provide photos of it. When I insisted that the hood be picked up and a replacement or refund issued, they went radio silent. I then took it up with the dealer, Lethal. They took over from there and after much discussion, got the hood picked up and refund issued. What kind of customer service is it where you are asked to take out a power tool and destroy something with potential risk to yourself? If I cut my fingers off, do you think AC would have taken care of me and my family if I couldn't work? As I told the guys at Lethal, I was insulted and the next step was a CC dispute. Lethal did the right thing by me. I am in absolute disbelief how AC carried themselves. If Lethal isn't stepping up, I would be surprised. They did the right thing. Ask to speak to Matt.

The kicker is that the driver who dropped the package off was the guy who picked it up. He asked what was going on. I told him the story and he said yea, they didn't want you to keep it so that you could make money off of it. I kind of knew that was what they were all thinking, but nonetheless, I never asked to keep it. From the very beginning I asked that the hood be picked up and replaced. The hood was already reimbursed by the shipping insurance. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but there was no damage to the box in the area where the hood was damaged.......

So again, I would never touch another AC part ever again. I don't appreciate the "service with an attitude" approach and under no circumstances would I ever buy one of their products again. If you are lucky enough to get the parts you ordered in a timely manner and they arrive undamaged, good for you. But keep in mind that the likeliness of either delays or damage and what I went through as well as what others are reporting.

Everyone likes the CF parts. Its a shame there aren't more companies around that you can choose from that offer a different approach to customer service.
We are sorry to hear of your experience with us regarding shipping and damage claims process. It is very important that all items are inspected at time of delivery with the driver present. The shipper only allows 24 hours to file a damage claim. In that time, the dealer needs to be notified as well so everyone knows the status of that order. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience to you.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Everyone likes the CF parts. Its a shame there aren't more companies around that you can choose from that offer a different approach to customer service.
Could not agree more. Bought CF wing and CF Gurney flap, each from a different vendor but both drop shipped from AC. Quality and service leave much to be desired.

Sponsored

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Tomster, I'm calling today. I'm going to talk to Zach at AC first to see which 4 CF items must come thru FP. I've been dealing with Ander at Lethal but if I have any issues I'll ask for Matt.
Got home this afternoon and had a message from Zach at AC returning my call. Called him back and he picked right up and was willing to talk 23 minutes (un-interrupted).
The Heat Extractor Hood Vent & Rain Tray, Bumper Cover, Front Lower Splitter, and Decklid Panel will all be through Ford Performance.
The Iconic Silver GT 500 featured in the 2019 SEMA videos with AC parts was a loaner from Ford (according to Zach). AC has their own 2020 GT 500 now, so maybe this will help them get the R & D work done in a more timely matter.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Got home this afternoon and had a message from Zach at AC returning my call. Called him back and he picked right up and was willing to talk 23 minutes (un-interrupted).
The Heat Extractor Hood Vent & Rain Tray, Bumper Cover, Front Lower Splitter, and Decklid Panel will all be through Ford Performance.
The Iconic Silver GT 500 featured in the 2019 SEMA videos with AC parts was a loaner from Ford (according to Zach). AC has their own 2020 GT 500 now, so maybe this will help them get the R & D work done in a more timely matter.
They would love to sell the pieces now, but are stuck waiting for Ford to figure out the red tape. It’s all about their testing (which is a good thing), but it takes a lot of time.

We are getting closer

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
They would love to sell the pieces now, but are stuck waiting for Ford to figure out the red tape. It’s all about their testing (which is a good thing), but it takes a lot of time.

We are getting closer
FYI, Ford Performance has now published and offering the hood vent, front bumper insert, front splitter and decklid panel for the public to purchase.! Your wait is over.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'll be shocked if anyone will provide a clear and simple answer but I'll ask anyway - why are each of the CF parts now listed by FP showing China as the country of origin if they are actually being manufactured by you?

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I'll be shocked if anyone will provide a clear and simple answer but I'll ask anyway - why are each of the CF parts now listed by FP showing China as the country of origin if they are actually being manufactured by you?
Our components are designed in the U.S. and manufactured at our company owned facilities in China where we can manage quality control to provide the best fitment and finish.
Sponsored