Sponsored

And we wonder why the US Postal Office is billions of dollars in the red

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I know it's busy season, and I know there's a pandemic going on...but cmon I think you can do better than this. UPS and FedEx are busting their ass to get all the online shopping deliveries done (which I imagine this year grew exponentially). I've seen some inneficient delivery routing before, but this takes the cake.

It took these guys 4 days to drive 73 miles. At this rate, I'll see this package next year.

USPS.png
Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I ordered an item from Boomba on Nov. 24th. The USPS tracking has said the same thing since the item left Boomba's facility........

"November 24, 2020 at 1:52 pm

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

WOOD DALE, IL 60191"

I can't even talk to a live person anymore.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EFI

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I ordered an item from Boomba on Nov. 24th. The USPS tracking has said the same thing since the item left Boomga's facility........

WOOD DALE, IL 60191"

I think they removed the option to talk to a live person like a decade ago. I guess it inconvenienced their staff too much to talk to customers so they just closed off the phone lines.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Pay more, get more?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
1. USPS is a federal agency, they are not profit driven, only to comply to a universal mandate of service.

2. USPS doesn't control the prices they set for stamps and what is actually costs to move mail, once again it is controlled by the government and their fortunes or not have become a political argument.

3. Finally in 2006 lawmakers imposed new expenses on USPS because it was too profitable.

TC

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I ordered an item from Boomba on Nov. 24th. The USPS tracking has said the same thing since the item left Boomba's facility........

WOOD DALE, IL 60191"

I have a USPS package showing the same, package acceptance pending, for a week now. kinda mad man, its the next book in the series, since I can't find my copy of it.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I sent two packages out USPS on December 18, paid for priority mail 3 day service from just outside Boston Mass.

One package to Atlanta Georgia, the other to Portland Oregon.

Both packages ended up at a sorting facility in Florida, the Georgia package just today made it an Atlanta sorting facility.

The Oregon package is still showing at the Florida location, with the memo “arriving late”. Well no shit assholes

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
They are awesome for those of us overseas. Couldn't imagine life without APO/FPO. USPS is awesome. Too bad they have to weather political storms.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I sent two packages out USPS on December 18, paid for priority mail 3 day service from just outside Boston Mass.

One package to Atlanta Georgia, the other to Portland Oregon.

Both packages ended up at a sorting facility in Florida, the Georgia package just today made it an Atlanta sorting facility.

The Oregon package is still showing at the Florida location, with the memo “arriving late”. Well no shit assholes
Same happened to me.

Shipped a package on Dec 2nd US Priority, cost me $57. It took literally NINE F’n days to get from NJ to over the bridge to a Philadelphia sorting facility. It didn’t get to its TX destination until Dec 17th.

IMO - we should be refunded because the arrival did not get there as “advertised” nor did it even get there within the stipulated time period many of us paid for based on their services.

It’s ridiculous that Amazon can get a package to your home within 1-3 days of ordering online - but the USPS can’t get a package delivered in a timely manner UNDER the same “pandemic” circumstances (because USPS is using COVID as a delay excuse). I understand 100% there’s delays due to COVID, we all “get it”, but there’s ways to overcome those issues as “competitors” have demonstrated.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I know it's busy season, and I know there's a pandemic going on...but cmon I think you can do better than this. UPS and FedEx are busting their ass to get all the online shopping deliveries done (which I imagine this year grew exponentially). I've seen some inneficient delivery routing before, but this takes the cake.

It took these guys 4 days to drive 73 miles. At this rate, I'll see this package next year.

USPS.png
That is almost nothing... I had a priority package go:

to NORFOLK VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
to FORT GEORGE G MEADE, MD
to WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
to NORTHWEST ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER (NY... really????)
to HYATTSVILLE, MD
to my house

It was insane to watch. 16 days of travel time for a package that normally takes 2 or 3 days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EFI

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
That is almost nothing... I had a priority package go:

It was insane to watch. 16 days of travel time for a package that normally takes 2 or 3 days.
Besides the time, that's not even that bad of a diversion.

I had a package go from it's origin in NJ to NYC to New Orleans and then finally to it's destination in Boston.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It’s ridiculous that Amazon can get a package to your home within 1-3 days of ordering online - but the USPS can’t get a package delivered in a timely manner UNDER the same “pandemic” circumstances (because USPS is using COVID as a delay excuse).
Interesting. Everything I order from Amazon (or anywhere else back home) comes via USPS. Usually takes just over a week, occasional misstep notwithstanding.

How does Amazon deliver in the States?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Interesting. Everything I order from Amazon (or anywhere else back home) comes via USPS. Usually takes just over a week, occasional misstep notwithstanding.

How does Amazon deliver in the States?
Mostly contract delivery drivers... they drop off most, if not all packages, right into my garage... I don't even have to worry about stolen packages.

Amazon is killing it there...