rrdeloss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2006 Nissan 350Z Roadster
Vehicle Showcase
You have a lot of patience ........ Bank card for internet sales OUCH.

To be kind you're leaving yourself wide open. CC in the only way to fly, you have protection, not afforded to you, publishing you ATM and pin over the WWW.

Sad to reading, but consider it a lesson learned, hopefully
You're 100% right. I should've used my CC. I will from now on. I've read other people's stories, some are years without receiving their item.
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't I mention this before?

Track down contact information for the City and/or County Attorney in the miscreant's jurisdiction, and make them aware of apparent fraud continuing there. I did that with a similar vendor and the enterprise refunded me, and was shut down. It would not come as a surprise to know they opened again under a different name, but at least they went through some unpleasant events as a result of their malfeasance.

rrdeloss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2006 Nissan 350Z Roadster
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't I mention this before?

Track down contact information for the City and/or County Attorney in the miscreant's jurisdiction, and make them aware of apparent fraud continuing there. I did that with a similar vendor and the enterprise refunded me, and was shut down. It would not come as a surprise to know they opened again under a different name, but at least they went through some unpleasant events as a result of their malfeasance.
You may have, the thread is pretty long. Something to look into.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
It surprises me that anyone with a F rating in the BBB is even allowed to continue as an operational licensed business.
I don't know where you live, but anyone can set up an Internet "business" without a license. Square and PayPal and the like let you easily accept credit cards with no history.

... the thread is pretty long.
No kidding. But I read the whole thing!

Two take-aways I'd like to share:

1) As noted, never use a bank card for anything but getting cash out of the ATM. Always use a credit card.
2) I got scammed once off of a bogus web site. I researched it before buying, because it seemed too good to be true, but it seemed legit and I found nothing negative. I bought (ordered) a portable electric chain saw, and after a month or so I queried the seller and they sent me a tracking number and then shortly thereafter I received a pair of (probably fake) sunglasses. I complained, they replied to one email and then ignored me. I did some more research and discovered that they had done this to other folks as well. I did a chargeback on my CC which still took 3 months (stupid bank) but I eventually got my money back. And a free pair of fake sunglasses. Not worth the aggravation though.

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered a knob on February 7, 2020 after seeing his work on IG. I thought it was great. I had no idea of his reputation. It's now June 3, 2020 and nothing. I've checked on the status basically once a month since April, I was told 8 - 12 weeks LT. He got super rude and blamed me for delay because he has to stop to respond to me. WTF? Then he told me that the LT was 8 - 12 weeks or LONGER. I asked for a refund and he said no refunds on custom orders. Dude is a total ahole and jersey. After my last email with him I accepted the fact I got scammed and decided not to bother with him anymore. I paid over $100 for knob that I probably won't get and honestly don't want anymore. Unfortunately I paid with my bank card so I don't think I'm getting my money back. The only plus is I found out about some better companies by reading other's stories. STAY AWAY FROM ANARCHY MOTIVE!
I'm really sorry to hear about your, unfortunately, all too common experience with Derrick Tackett - knob artist extraordinaire. Like you I ordered a shift knob in good faith. Been waiting nearly two years now, so if it ever turns up, I'm expecting the Holy Grail of shift knobs...
Unlike you I used paypal. However, this still didn't help as Derrick strung me along until the 6 month reclaim period had expired. So now, like you, there's nothing to do except warn others to stay away.
And hey, as ever, Derrick, if you're reading this and think we're being unfair, come on here and explain to us how you haven't ripped us off, why you're not a crook and why we've all got the wrong end of the stick. Man we'd love to hear...

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I use PayPal and file a claim after several email attempts fail. I give them 2 months. That should be plenty of time.
Sponsored