JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
If it's been 13 weeks, that's bad - but not bad bad. Regardless of what his "notice" says, you can't take people's money and hang on to it that long without shipping. 12+ Weeks is not a time frame. 12-52 weeks is a timeframe if it's really going to take him a year. I've dealt with this before and shipping is NOT narrow enough or clear enough to be valid; His disclaimer is thus invalid.

What You Must Know Before Making Shipment Representations in Sales Involving Credit Applications
If your customers apply to you to establish an in-house new credit account or increase an existing credit line to pay for the merchandise they order, the Rule provides the following:
  • If you make no shipment representation when you solicit the order, you are allowed 50 (instead of 30) days to ship the order. The extra 20 days is to enable you to process the credit application. If you wish to use this provision of the Rule, you must have a reasonable basis to believe you can ship in 50 days.
  • If you do make a shipment representation when you solicit the order, you must have a reasonable basis for being able to ship in that time, regardless of whether the order is accompanied by an application for credit or extension of a credit line. You are presumed to have factored in the time needed to process the credit application or to have qualified your shipment representation appropriately.
Also, note these rules. These are from the FTC and you can easily go back to Amazon noting these FTC rules.

What You Must Do If You Learn You Cannot Ship on Time
When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

If you decide you can ship the order later, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delay. You may use whatever means you wish to do this -- such as the telephone, fax, mail, or email -- as long as you notify the customer of the delay reasonably quickly. The customer must have sufficient advance notification to make a meaningful decision to consent to the delay or cancel the order.
So, it doesn't matter if it's custom or not, because his shipment notice is vague and unclear he has 30 Days to ship; After 30 days he should offer a refund. He could easily get around this by stating a much more clear shipment notification e.g. "12-24 weeks" and then follow the rest of the rules which would stipulate a refund is available after the 24th week.

Now, does this have any real bite? Only if you want to take it that far, but regardless your payment authorizer should abide by the same general rules on disputing. I am really unsure why anyone orders from him anymore. This has been an issue for years at this point.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus...s-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order
Sponsored

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
That's good information! Thank you!
Yeah, I didn't do a good job researching before I ordered. It's my fault. I will definitely do a better job researching next time.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
That's good information! Thank you!
Yeah, I didn't do a good job researching before I ordered. It's my fault. I will definitely do a better job researching next time.
Did you ever get your knob? I didn't research him either before making purchase. Just crossed the 3 month mark and entered the tracking number that has never left the post office phase 5 days ago. Sent him an email earlier today telling him he would be hearing from my credit card company soon. He responded back that the knob has shipped and not to pay attention to the USPS tracking, which says "Shipping label created, USPS awaiting item". The guy's an habitual liar, but I'll give it another week before I dispute the charge.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get your knob? I didn't research him either before making purchase. Just crossed the 3 month mark and entered the tracking number that has never left the post office phase 5 days ago. Sent him an email earlier today telling him he would be hearing from my credit card company soon. He responded back that the knob has shipped and not to pay attention to the USPS tracking, which says "Shipping label created, USPS awaiting item". The guy's an habitual liar, but I'll give it another week before I dispute the charge.
That's his MO. He says the same thing to everyone, everytime.
I don't like to bash people or their business, but I also don't like bad customer service. If he would be upfront, say he has X timeline for delivery and keep that timeline that's one thing. However he will tell you X and it eventually turns in to Y or Z.

Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
it amazes me the turd is still in business.

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, I've been waiting 19 months now. Sent several emails and they've all been ignored - except one where I used a different email address posing as a new customer. He was all over that one in hours.
As the cut off for a paypal refund is 6 months, my goose is now cooked. He's got my money.
BTW if you're reading this Derrick and feel I'm being a bit harsh, I'd love to hear from you. Explain to me why it's taken you 19 months so far, explain to me why you can't respond to emails, explain to me why you've kept my money? The less charitable might think it's because you're a swindling little crook, but if you're a legitimate business, that can't be the case. So explain away, I really would love to know...
Sponsored