ANARCHY MOTIVE REVIEW

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
Took a little longer than expected but I didn't have an issue with communication. I knew when I ordered it was before the holiday and he would get stupid swamped. Knob came out perfect and absolutely love it, I would order from him again without a doubt. my lead time was roughly three months, I didn't mind the wait because I knew I was getting what I wanted
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I had one for my Focus ST via a group buy on their forums. Was around 6 months start to finish. Nothing custom, just a shift pattern and standard color. Great piece, good communication, just a very slow process.

On the plus side, due to the wait time being so long the resale of a standard type knob is quite good. Was able to sell mine locally for basically what it cost new lol.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Ordered in July received in November. So 5 months basically. Nothing crazy, shift pattern and a small symbol on each side. I like it, so it'll stay on the MGW shifter...

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I should have known better. I SPECIFICALLY emailed him before hand to see what knobs / colors he had in stock, READY to ship. He told me. No engraving AT ALL, no custom color etc. Ordered the one he indicated, he told me it would go in with the shipping batch THAT weekend.

That was two weeks ago.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
I traded a couple communications with AM when I was looking for new knob, and they were good at responding to the questions I had, but in the end ended up going with Shift Solutions due to the lead times I've heard about AM. Picked a stainless steel option from SS, couple engravings on the sides + shift pattern, was fully prepared to be waiting a couple weeks for it. Ordered 4/28, received 5/5. They are on the ball!

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well AM was VERY responsive when I emailed them before purchasing. That was 5/3. Ordered the in stock knob he said he could get out that weekend. I emailed them yesterday and haven't heard anything.

On the other hand, emailed Shift Solutions yesterday morning. Got a response around lunch time (they are West Coast I am East coast). Told me what he had in stock, paid for it, and it either left yesterday via priority mail or it's leaving today - already have a tracking number.

ewitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP SB
Ordered a blank in stock knob from AM and it arrived in Canada in less than a week.

Had the custom engraving done at the pro shop at a bowling alley in a day.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Ordered a blank in stock knob from AM and it arrived in Canada in less than a week.

That's a really good idea. Were you able to just take them a picture of whatever you wanted?

DMadole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0 Premium
Wack!

Hi guys,

I wonder who has waited the longest for his/her shift knob from Anarchy Motive.

I knew mine is tough to cut and their long LT, but, it is getting out of my expectation.

I'm still waiting and have little faith, but, i don't know..

So i want to know if I'm the idiot who is waiting for goods longest or not before I lose my mind..
I ordered mine on July 3rd 2017, and have not received it. Last message I received from Derrick was that he had to fire his only employee, and that he is "trying to pick the pieces up." That was on October 9th 2017.

I reached out to Derrick again on May 11th 2018, and on May 15, 2018. I requested a refund both times. It seemed like an auto reply, however, both messages were different.

First reply from derrick on 5/11/18:

"Hey,

Thanks for your message, I will get back with you as soon as possible.

-Derrick"

Second reply from Derrick on 5/15/18:

"Hi Stephanie, thanks for your message. We aren't here at the moment, but we'll get back to you soon!"

Both of these messages were from facebook messanger.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP

Brilliant! :cheers:

Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Took 6 months for mine to show up and it was the wrong color. Was promised the correct color a year ago and kept getting IMs of oh yeah it's coming. Still nothing. The incorrect is sitting in the garage and I'm using the MGW knob. Customer service is nothing but loose lip service. Go with Raceseng.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered from Shift solutions 5/16. They are in CA, I am in VA. Shift knob got here 5/19. Installed it - love it. If I don't get a response from AM by Tuesday, I will file with Paypal and get a refund. No offense to anyone, but custom engraving etc and all that - yeah I get that takes some time especially for a small business, but when someone specifically asks for an IN STOCK item with no mods needed and responses dry up after payment received? No thanks.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I ordered a knob for myself which took about 2-3 months from start to finish. I inquired a couple times about the time frame and everytime he gave me some excuse that sounded like bs but i didn’t really want to create any drama. All in all in was a Little long for a turn around but it turned out ok.

The trouble really started when my brother ordered one. He wanted nearly the same thing i got. He inquired about once a month or so and each time the guy gave him the same excuses he gave me. First it was family, then it was over abundance of orders (despite the fact i saw him pushing for more orders over social media and various forums), then it really got interesting. About 3 months in, he said he fucked up my brothers order and would have to redo it. My brother remained patient, but another month passed and the guy continued recycling old excuses. The guy even went as far as getting mad about being asked. After almost 6 months my brother got a refund. Customer service is awful. I am honestly surprised he still has any business. I completely understand getting backed up with orders, what i don’t understand is not being upfront with it. If you mess up an order wouldn’t you want to focus on that one before doing anything else? Including burdening yourself further with more orders? 0/10 would recommend.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Ordered mine on the RS forum group buy.

Did take a few months but I felt it was worth it.

If you are an impatient type might want to try a different vendor.
Stormtrooper Shift Knob.JPG

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Is he chiseling the engraving by hand himself??? 3 months is a joke!!! A local shop here will thread it, hard anodized or powder coat it, and engrave it in 2-3 days!!! And they have 3 employees!!! It's funny to see people jump on them if the order takes a week, imagine 3 months!!!
Nothing takes that long to engrave/paint
Sponsored