Amusing Reactions to your Mach 1

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
At a Cars and Coffee this weekend, asked by a 2021 GT 500 owner "What's a Mach 1 package? Is it like a California Special?" The guy said he also has a GT350, never tracked either car, never went to the Track Attack, only takes them to car shows.
Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
At a Cars and Coffee this weekend, asked by a 2021 GT 500 owner "What's a Mach 1 package? Is it like a California Special?" The guy said he also has a GT350, never tracked either car, never went to the Track Attack, only takes them to car shows.
There are those people who do not understand the art, neither it attracts them, but because of the painter's name, they would buy and hang a picture in their home. Reasons being it is ridiculously expensive and by a famous author, so eventually the picture ends up in the most central place of their house, so they can show it off to whoever comes, no matter that the painting is distasteful or does not fit the place at all.
Well, obviously there are people like that who do the same with their cars - buy them to show off just because they can do so, but it could well be any car, just tell them it is rare, expensive, and they should get one if they want attention, and this is sufficient...

Now, a story from last week. We went visiting our best man and best maid at their villa last week and we stayed for like 3-4 days. There comes the neighbor with her daughter to have the kids play and she sees the M1, so she's like "I need a favor from you". I was like, "OK, shoot" and she was like: "My son, he's 16, he's in love with mustangs, and he does not want to come over to the villa anymore, because he thinks here is boring, and there are only old guys and little spoiled kids. So he decided to stay with his grand father and work at his shop, as he's trying to convince him to buy him a mustang. On top of that, near the shop, there's a neighboring 2nd hand dealership that imports mustangs, so he goes to the shop early in the morning to watch the dealership open the garage door and he can look at the mustangs. SO, just do me the favor to take a few pictures of me with your car, I just want him to get here with his dad by the end of the week, and the car is the perfect excuse. I just want to tell him "look, there are mustangs here too, even newer ones". "

So I let her do a couple of shots inside, outside of the vehicle, even a short video of her igniting it :), and then I went shopping.

After an hour or so, when I came back, I was asking her "Did he agree to come over?" and she was like "Naah, he showed the video to his grandpa, said he urgently needs to work more and get the cash for a car like this one. So he wants double shifts, not going to the villa"

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm at FedEx, shipping out a set of tires which had been on Skye.

Gentleman, 60+ walks in, interested in the tires, due to their size. "What kind of tire is that? I hadn't seen one that big before."

I explain to him that, on many modern cars, a 19" rim is not unusual. The width? A bit wider than some.

"Must look a lot bigger because I'm standing right next to it." I agree, probably so.

Things are wrapping up and I'm leaving.

The gentleman I was talking to? He's leaving the parking lot, in a C4 Corvette. :crazy: Maybe he hasn't owned his Vette for a while. Maybe he has and never bothered looking at another performance-oriented car since the 90s.

Definitely a WTF moment for me.

Last edited:

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Pulled into the mall parking lot where I live one weekend with a buddy to grab food before our trip and there was this awesome speed racer replica there that we were admiring and parked next to. Heard some kids behind us as we were parking screaming “omg it’s a Mach 1!” As I shut down the car, they walked over and asked if they could take pictures which I of course said yes but thought it was kinda funny they had no interest in the other car.
30B96885-A7F9-464C-91DA-727D0DBFEA6C.jpeg
61DAA8DD-3E80-4729-B8EB-FFBE3FCA8BBE.jpeg
243A2E5C-4C30-4309-8FD3-D7C02DC6368E.jpeg
9F9684F7-C665-4231-9E69-3C263AACB145.jpeg
1355CADE-9777-4DA9-BB03-C831AF72FF22.jpeg
A9BB1D73-0B1D-49D2-9A52-CC5BE30C226F.jpeg

Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Pulled into the mall parking lot where I live one weekend with a buddy to grab food before our trip and there was this awesome speed racer replica there that we were admiring and parked next to. Heard some kids behind us as we were parking screaming “omg it’s a Mach 1!” As I shut down the car, they walked over and asked if they could take pictures which I of course said yes but thought it was kinda funny they had no interest in the other car.
Yep, because the "other car" has 2 major issues:
1. Kids don't care about childish stuff anymore.
2. Kids don't read anymore, so they have no clue about the comic book series, and to be honest, the 2007 movie was kind of mediocre... The speed racer car is not as distinguishable as any Batcar for example.

Anyways, great capture of the speed racer replica. Did you have a chance to hear it how does it sound? Any ideas what was powering that thing, it's very interesting and rare find.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Yep, because the "other car" has 2 major issues:
1. Kids don't care about childish stuff anymore.
2. Kids don't read anymore, so they have no clue about the comic book series, and to be honest, the 2007 movie was kind of mediocre... The speed racer car is not as distinguishable as any Batcar for example.

Anyways, great capture of the speed racer replica. Did you have a chance to hear it how does it sound? Any ideas what was powering that thing, it's very interesting and rare find.
Unfortunately I did not. Whomever it belonged to was still somewhere in the mall when we got there and when we took off otherwise I would have loved to have heard how it sounded.

OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
30B96885-A7F9-464C-91DA-727D0DBFEA6C.jpeg
61DAA8DD-3E80-4729-B8EB-FFBE3FCA8BBE.jpeg
243A2E5C-4C30-4309-8FD3-D7C02DC6368E.jpeg
9F9684F7-C665-4231-9E69-3C263AACB145.jpeg
1355CADE-9777-4DA9-BB03-C831AF72FF22.jpeg
A9BB1D73-0B1D-49D2-9A52-CC5BE30C226F.jpeg
I dont understand how this is street legal

Sponsored
OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Having owned the car for about 2 months now the most amusing is when kids motion for me to rev the engine. Also I get private parking under the building I am at, even in normal mode, my coworkers poke fun at the thing penetrating through all the walls. My biggest surprise however is that people treat me a lot differently than when I had a 20 year old honda. People seem to get out of the fast lane when they see me approaching (and im not tailgating/speeding), I seem to get way more courtesy "go"s when making left turns across traffic, and the last is through the drive through lol. I get way more sauce packets than before and never asked to pay extra, at least more than usual.

And I almost forgot. Several occasions of gearheads following me in lots to see the car, park next to it, take pictures, etc. Often times if I see it walking to the car, I act like I'm not the owner to avoid talking

1664589375147.png

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I’ve had a number of compliments from import drivers at the gas station.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Took it in to the dealership today for its first oil change and state inspection at 3,200 miles.

Service advisor #1 took the key and showed me to the waiting room, said he was going out to record the mileage. Came back in and said "damn, that is one SWEET Mustang! Your advisor today will be Mark, I'll give him the key and let him know you're here."

He leaves and comes back into the waiting room and says "did it come with that shift knob and those seats?" Nope, did those myself. "Wow great choices, they match the car really well."

A few minutes later Mark came over. He goes "I was having a terrible morning but seeing your car made my day! We'll get you out of here soon as we can." Heads back to the service desk.

Here comes Mark again. "That car is gorgeous. Only 3,000 miles? You probably just drive on Sundays, huh?” Yep, not my daily. Leaves.

Back again. "Wow, that thing takes 10 quarts of oil! Never saw a Mach 1 before. How do you like it?"

Advisor #3 stops by. "Hi, I'm helping Mark out today. Love the Mustang, want us to wash it for you?" Nope, I'm good. Just an oil change and inspection please. (At this point it's already been 2 hours. I can see into the shop guys coming and going back and forth standing in front of it and talking.)

Finally I hear them start it up and back it out for a lap around the parking lot. The technician comes in and says "Love the car. I've only been here a couple weeks, I'm a Chevy guy, but that Mach might change my mind about Fords!"

At last, 2-1/2 hours and it's done. Mark's giving me the paperwork. "Sorry it took so long, we had a few guys checking it out and it slowed us down a little."

LOL. Yeah, pretty happy with the purchase.

Last edited:

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I was returning from an afternoon drive on Sunday and stopping at the gas station to wash my windshield. Then suddenly the guy from the station (who is normally behind the counter, taking payments) was coming to me and saying: "I had to get out to check your car, how many are there, do you know?"

I was a bit surprised and was not sure what he was talking about, but he said: "I mean Mach 1s, they are beautiful." I told him that I thought there might be around 50 (in the country) and he said that he was seeing quite a few Bullitts around, but no Mach 1s and that he really liked Mach 1 (and my color).

He was the first person complimenting on my car, who actually recognized it was Mach 1, and now I regret not telling him that, it might have made him happy too.