Sponsored

AMSOIL vs MOBIL1 vs PENNZOIL vs ROYALPURPLE VS MOTOCRAFT (5W-20)

Best full SYNTHETIC OIL 5w-20

• Total voters

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
Hi guys,

I have been seeing lot of marketing strategies used by different oil companies to claim that their oil is superior to others.:shrug: I am looking for full synthetic oil 5w-20 for my v6 stang as its nearing its oil change interval.

Please drop in your recommendations /thoughts what according to you is the
1) Best FULL SYNTHETIC OIL
2) Best oil filter.

Also I have setup a poll so please vote for the best one out in the market so that it will also be useful to others for future reference. :)
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
AMSOIL SS and AMSOIL EO filter... The argument against it is that it's "expensive", but I'm not sure who can bitch about an extra $40 or whatever per oil change after they bought a $20K-40K+ car...

Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT PP manual
Daltron beat me to my reasoning.. I've ran amsoil once and mobile one every other time.. I got a steep discount on the amsoil and I think it's great oil! Do I think it's any better than mobil one? Not really. For the cost difference and since I swap oil every 5k anyway there's no real advantage for amsoil for me.. That said, other fluids I wouldn't hesitate to spend the extra coin on as they'll sit in there longer.

Most of the comparos I've watched and read stack these two really close with the main difference being price and availability.

Also, it's a V6.. It's made to take a beating and still run fine. They engineer those motors to last forever with minimal oil changes. Keeping up on scheduled maintenance will make it run better than most on the road

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Amsoil is the best. And you spelled Mobil 1 wrong in the poll.

Metaflame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Amsoil is the best. And you spelled Mobil 1 wrong in the poll.
I think royal purple is the best stuff out there even better than mobil 1. I read that in some particular races, royal purple is the only thing that keeps the engine together ( i read this info on some tractor high performance race forums).

They stated that royal purple IS the only oil that can perform under the extreme modding they do to the engines and imagine what it can do for our daily drivers I guess.

Sponsored

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
I use Amsoil when I do it myself. When it's cold out and I'm lazy, I have the dealership do it with motorcraft synthetic. I have also used Mobil 1. TBH when it comes to the top oil brands I feel it is more of a Coke vs. Pepsi argument, you can't go wrong with most of them.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
when it comes to the top oil brands I feel it is more of a Coke vs. Pepsi argument, you can't go wrong with most of them.
Yep any full synthetic oil will be fine.:thumbsup:

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
"full" synthetic oil is better described either as a Group 3 or Group 4 engine oil. For instance, Mobil 1 is a "brand" which sells both Group 3 and Group 4. I use 0W40 Mobil 1 which is a Group 4.

Don't believe any 5W20 oils are Group 4, but rather Group 3 ("Severely Hydrocracked") blends.

Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Meh, I just use Mobile1.

When I first got the car, I was like "I'm going to put in the best oil and filters, etc I can". Saw the prices, especially for Royal Purple and AMSOIL and said nope!

I'm sure AMSOIL is a bit better than Mobile1, but how much does that actually matter?

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium
I just put Mobil 1 a month ago and have been noticing my oil temps getting close to the yellow line at times. Checked the oil, and it looks fine, and oil pressure shows normal as well. I'm planning on changing the oil again to be on the save side. Might try Amsoil

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Royal Purple handles the heat of Texas summers very well. Also I believe that a full spectrum premium oil such as Royal Purple is "cheap insurance" if you want to have your. Mustang log many trouble-free miles. My Cyclone motor really seems to run "smoother" since I switched over to Royal Purple.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
interesting thread. I normally run mobil1 or valvoiline full syn in most my cars. might have to try royal purple.

OP
OP
racinreddy

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
I just put Mobil 1 a month ago and have been noticing my oil temps getting close to the yellow line at times. Checked the oil, and it looks fine, and oil pressure shows normal as well. I'm planning on changing the oil again to be on the save side. Might try Amsoil
Well that's something I would be watching out carefully as I have chosen Mobil 1 extended performance 5w-20 over remaining brands for recent oil change.

Engine feels little harsh not sure if it's just the sound from new borla stingers which are making me feel so.
Sponsored