Sponsored

AMSOIL or Motorcraft, which one is better?

AMSOIL or Motorcraft

• Total voters

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Are we really doing this again??? USE THE MOTORCRAFT OIL!!

The people that spent millions in R&D designing and developing and testing the thing know a hell of a lot more than any of us...

WHY the F is this so hard for some to understand???
Why do other oils exist?
Sponsored

tec548

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Raptor G1
I have used Amsoil in everything I have owned since 1993'. It's your motor, put in the oil you believe is best. Driven is the only oil that is better in IMHO but not enough to go out of my way for it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've never worn out an engine. I've owned a few Fords that had well over 200k miles on them.

Once they are out of warranty they get whatever is cheap at Walmart. Good filters and regular changes.

Has anyone here actually worn out an engine?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Iā€™m sure they ā€œas a teamā€ have enough money to repair/replace an engine, or just buy new cars. When I asked, I was trying to create a debate just to read positive comments about people experience.
Actually, they dont. Keep in mind the GT4 is a CPC. And Like HB, Kohr runs race engines. Ford is not going to warranty either of them. The question posed is for owners and cars that are generally under a powertrain warranty.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Are we really doing this again??? USE THE MOTORCRAFT OIL!!

The people that spent millions in R&D designing and developing and testing the thing know a hell of a lot more than any of us...

WHY the F is this so hard for some to understand???
The same company that pays millions in R&D, and then bean counters switch out a $1 bolt for a .25 cent plastic insert to save $? Not just Ford by the way.

You know what they realize that most people here won't admit? Most owners don't keep their car long enough to wear the engine out........so as long as you change the oil and filter fairly regularly and don't run it out of oil............

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I donā€™t know why people get upset when someone ask for help. Just read the thread, if you donā€™t want to participate, keep scrolling to the next thread.
Um I am participating... sorry my participation offended you bud. It just blows my mind that people think ford would spec and sell an inferior oil for this engine.. or any of their engines for that matter. The oil is formulated to the spec that the people that designed the engine wanted.... Sorry but you can't get any better than that.

I will add that I dont think running another brand of oil is likely going to hurt the engine... but theres not going to be any advantage either so what's the point??

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
If you're still in the break in period, go cheap until you can actually start revving it. If not, check out Project Farm on youtube. But Amsoil Signature series seems to be the best from his tests.

Seriously, watch it.
Amasoil might be slightly better than Pennzoil ultimate Platinum but the Pennzoil Ultimate Platinum is 25 bucks for a 5 quart jug at Walmart, where as Amsoil is more than double that price even if your a preferred customer.

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Um I am participating... sorry my participation offended you bud. It just blows my mind that people think ford would spec and sell an inferior oil for this engine.. or any of their engines for that matter. The oil is formulated to the spec that the people that designed the engine wanted.... Sorry but you can't get any better than that.

I will add that I dont think running another brand of oil is likely going to hurt the engine... but theres not going to be any advantage either so what's the point??
Thanks @The Rooster... I appreciate your participation, you don't offend me, just I thought you were upset with my thread about what oil to use :facepalm:... I know and you are right, I think Ford oil is pretty good.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Amasoil might be slightly better than Pennzoil ultimate Platinum but the Pennzoil Ultimate Platinum is 25 bucks for a 5 quart jug at Walmart, where as Amsoil is more than double that price even if your a preferred customer.
Would you feed your baby McDonaldā€™s or home made burgers? Lol half the cost. Surely as healthy in long run.

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Would you feed your baby McDonaldā€™s or home made burgers? Lol half the cost. Surely as healthy in long run.
You should not put that comparison. Motorcraft is not McDonals meal ever. I donā€™t think Amsoil and Motorcraft have a big difference between both. Now Iā€™ve read your comments and have read more out there, I donā€™t think Amsoil is way better than MC.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You should not put that comparison. Motorcraft is not McDonals meal ever. I donā€™t think Amsoil and Motorcraft have a big difference between both. Now Iā€™ve read your comments and have read more out there, I donā€™t think Amsoil is way better than MC.
I was joking kind of. Mc isnā€™t bad oil. But they are not equal. Amsoil is a blender, but they blend more detergents than anyone into their formulation. Thatā€™s why they advertise it as 25,000 mileage oil. But filters are 15k

I cannot see motorcraft every offering that longevity.

There is barely any difference in cost

Mc is like 8 dollars cheaper for a pack of 12 quarts than amsoil SS.

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I was joking kind of. Mc isnā€™t bad oil. But they are not equal. Amsoil is a blender, but they blend more detergents than anyone into their formulation. Thatā€™s why they advertise it as 25,000 mileage oil. But filters are 15k

I cannot see motorcraft every offering that longevity.

There is barely any difference in cost

Mc is like 8 dollars cheaper for a pack of 12 quarts than amsoil SS.
I would perform the oil change every 3000 miles, donā€™t need 15K. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I would perform the oil change every 3000 miles, donā€™t need 15K. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I feel thatā€™s pure waste. Poor dinosaur bodies. Iā€™d assume a minimum of 5k on any high quality oil in a 350. Curious whatā€™s manual state using MC recommended oil on mileage? 5k or 1 year if I had to guess?
Sponsored