Sponsored

Ampire WFS300-BT CAN bus immobiliser fitted (Auto Watch Ghost)

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
Autowatch ghost II app is out in the apple store. Confirming it's the new IGLA pro.

Still waiting on the Ampire release.
Sponsored

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
This is getting installed today :) I'm just about to boot it up on my workbench and see if I can program it first. I've been having my battery run flat on multiple occasions which has forced me to install a non-bluetooth version of the immobiliser.
IMG_20200307_141907.jpg

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
How did it go?

I was thinking of upgrading to the 400-BT version but they never released an app for it.

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did it go?

I was thinking of upgrading to the 400-BT version but they never released an app for it.
It's installed (I had to splice into an additional CAN connection as the WFS400 has a redundant connection), but unfortunately it's not behaving correctly. I've reached out to Ampire to see if they can help. Fingers crossed! :-/

See video demonstration of the issue:

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Following on from my previous post. I discussed the issue with the vendor and they suggested a few alternative program codes. The compatibility document suggests 11867 for a '2015+ Mustang' but after trying a number of them, I can confirm that 12785 in fact is the working code, which is technically (according to the document), for a Ford Ranger. I can only assume it's an error in the documentation - for e.g, the WFS300 (which is produced by a completely different manufacturer I found out), used the indicators for the feedback function, but the WFS400 document suggests the Mustang uses the high beams, when in fact, when provided with the 'working' code, it uses the indicators, as it did before.

Anyway, I really hope it helps someone. Enjoy!
IMG_20200412_125306.jpg
IMG_20200414_165242.jpg

Sponsored

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
Nice! Good to see you got it sorted.

Do you gain / lose any features over the WFS-300BT (exception for BT obviously!)?

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Good to see you got it sorted.

Do you gain / lose any features over the WFS-300BT (exception for BT obviously!)?
No features lost. In fact, the various functions (pin entry routine, service mode) etc are much easier on the WFS400, the 'immobilised' indicator when you open the door when stopped is a nice addition, the indicator to say the pin was successful is now immediate rather than a second or so delay and more importantly, I can enter the pin much earlier than I could with the WFS300.

I wish I knew the low level technicals around why there's now 2 CAN networks required to wire this up - but I can only assume it's a redudunant circuit to circumvent any tempering.

All in all, mission accomplished and I'm considerably happier with the WFS400.

Shoutout to Boris at Ampire who helped me through the issue ;)

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
Awesome, Im still checking their site regularly for updates to the BT version! The main challenge I'm having with the 300 is access to newer firmware. It's a very closed door to DIY installers. Which in some security aspects I can appreciate.

I think the 2 CAN network requirement is needed for access to control and interact with more modules on the car, i.e more service buttons but also like you say allowing for other options to immobilise the car when required. I don't think its needed in all cases?

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Following on from my previous post. I discussed the issue with the vendor and they suggested a few alternative program codes. The compatibility document suggests 11867 for a '2015+ Mustang' but after trying a number of them, I can confirm that 12785 in fact is the working code, which is technically (according to the document), for a Ford Ranger. I can only assume it's an error in the documentation - for e.g, the WFS300 (which is produced by a completely different manufacturer I found out), used the indicators for the feedback function, but the WFS400 document suggests the Mustang uses the high beams, when in fact, when provided with the 'working' code, it uses the indicators, as it did before.

Anyway, I really hope it helps someone. Enjoy!
IMG_20200412_125306.jpg
IMG_20200414_165242.jpg
Just installed one today and used the 12785 as you suggested and it all works. Car is a 2016.
Thanks.

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update to say I can confirm that the WFS400 has fixed my battery flattening issues. 1 week parked in the driveway and I can start the car first time, which was always a problem when I already had low battery! I've lost count how many times I had to jump start it now. For that reasonareason the numerous benefits highlighted in my previous post, I can highly recommend this upgrade.

Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Hi Drew, thank you for the photos.
I have ordered the wfs-400 and got it a few days ago.
The the manual states to connect to two CAN buses (HS1-CAN and HS2-CAN), at least for MY 2019+ onward.
Do you know by chance if I can splice into both from behind the sync 3 ? I attached the manual and a schematic from the service manual.

ampire_wfs-400.jpg

gateway.png

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You'll want to use the attached pinout for the APIM harness. There are multiple CAN network pairs on that harness.

apim_connector_pinout_mustang.jpg

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
oh that's neat, thank you

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Edit (Aug 31 2021):
Although the installation was in part successful, after a few months in use of this device I can say that it should not be connected to the APIM connector since it disturbs other module by causing bus errors when the device is locked which is bad, so I advise against it. As consequence I removed the installation instructions from this post.

Last edited:

Saab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saab
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Awesome, Im still checking their site regularly for updates to the BT version! The main challenge I'm having with the 300 is access to newer firmware. It's a very closed door to DIY installers. Which in some security aspects I can appreciate.

I think the 2 CAN network requirement is needed for access to control and interact with more modules on the car, i.e more service buttons but also like you say allowing for other options to immobilise the car when required. I don't think its needed in all cases?
Hi
Sponsored