American Muscle

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6 MT 2019 F150 STX Ecoboost 2.7
So, I ordered my spec stage 3 clutch from American Muscle last week on the 7th.

They didn't have the flywheel available so I started looking.

I ordered the flywheel from LMR on monday after 4:30pm....... I got it today.

I did the chat feature with AM today to see where my clutch is, guy said it was supposed to ship today and would get a tracking number/ confirmation by EOD. It is after 9pm CST. No email. No confirmation. No tracking number.

I work in auto parts and sell over 1m in parts annually. If my team operated like this we would not have jobs.

Not even shipped 5 days later? I ordered a slave Cylinder from eBay the same day I ordered the clutch and got it tuesday.

Great you guys can do a 5k giveaway, but your operations need a serious overhaul. This is amateur level service from a nationally recognized brand.
Sponsored

OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Update:
Did the chat feature with a rep this morning. The rep said it was supposed to ship yesterday, not sure why it did not, would call SPEC as is was being direct shipped. This threw me off because when I called in the order, I was looking for the clutch and flywheel, they said they only had the clutch in stock...... So how could it be in stock if it is now being direct shipped? Also according to SPEC, they have flywheels. I asked the SPEC representative if they direct ship for AM and if they have the clutch I ordered in stock.

We'll see what they say.

OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Heard back from the SPEC rep, they do direct ship and have them in stock, they then suggested I make sure they (AM) sent the order over to them to ship,

or in their words "…may want to make sure they sent your order to us…"

Kind of makes it sound like this is a regular thing with them. Going to be the last time I order from American Muscle. If it takes nearly a week to just submit an order so the vendor could ship, I'm completely unimpressed.

OP
OP
15ThreePoint7

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Final update. So as I posted above, I spoke with the online chat person on Thursday morning. Told him I would give it til later that day to get a tracking number. Well noon came (1pm their time) and I went on again. Of course no tracking info. Chat person said he would issue a 25 dollar credit for my next order (lol, like that will happen). Then he said he thought I was going to wait a couple of days (never said that). He also said he already sent a request ticket to SPEC to see what was going on with my clutch and gave me a number. SPEC guy says he has not seen my name on any orders, and has no idea what the "ticket" number the AM guy gave me was supposed to be. So I requested a refund. AM chat guy says he needs to verify that it did not ship, and if it "shows up" to contact them for a return label. I tell him well it could not have shipped since SPEC has not received an order from your company with my name on it. But whatever. If they were going to hold up the refund I was going to dispute the charge. If it showed up I would ship it back

Thirty minutes later I found one on Ebay. Ordered it, a few hours later after work checked and already had a tracking number. This was the 13th. It is en route to my house right now, on the 15th.

I did receive a notice late yesterday that AM has issued a refund.

I'll never spend another dime with their company unless they completely revamp their operations.

Some may see this as over reacting, but I'm in a 2 car household. My car being down means I need to use our other vehicle to get to work and my wife can't go to her doctor appointments.

Like others have stated, I should have read reviews.
Sponsored