'16 GT Prem OW

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
I just got the stage one interior lighting kit for my 15 gt.... I am a little confused on how to do the map dome lights. any idea on how to get the plastic piece off to reveal the bulbs? I messed with it for a little but didn't want to pull too hard and break it....

OP
OP
Chameleon

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I just got the stage one interior lighting kit for my 15 gt.... I am a little confused on how to do the map dome lights. any idea on how to get the plastic piece off to reveal the bulbs? I messed with it for a little but didn't want to pull too hard and break it....
Joe, pull the front part (closest to windshield) of the plastic down, go easy it won't break.

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Joe, pull the front part (closest to windshield) of the plastic down, go easy it won't break.

Joe - Just what Ed said - It's going to feel like it's stubborn but it's only because it hasn't been taken off since it was installed at the factroy. Take your time with it!

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
In for the side markers

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
great thanks guys! will be trying after work! :)

davidly15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt with PP, 2006 Mustang GT
Anyone got the fourth brake light kit? I installed my kit yesterday, simple plug and play application so I'm sure I didn't messed up. The light don't turn on when I apply my brakes and running light don't turn on when my lights are on. The only light that work is the reverse light. Any idea why?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Reverse bulb just reach under.
REV2_zpswqrhxzvr.jpg

Old reverse bulb.
Old_zpsimddtgna.jpg

New Raxiom reverse bulb.
REV_zpstiqzdtfb.jpg

Squeeze 1 tab to release the side marker.
IMG_4464_zps9qr8pnbb.jpg

Popped out, I see light!!
SIde1_zpst8koi3n5.jpg

Insert the new bulb.
New1_zpszhzww8jf.jpg

04664873-d68c-4bd1-ac41-9776be249df4_zpsoivrxg5i.jpg

Just use a flat and gently pry up.
Pop_zpsgtqhzyyx.jpg

Unscrew. and take mirror off.
Screw_zpsbv99yh7j.jpg

So that is what it looks like with the mirror off.
Mirror_zpsvha3rxew.jpg

Tap to see if they work.
Glove1_zpsfn6zmf3m.jpg

Mirror4_zpssykaameg.jpg

Reverse after.
Rear5-crop_zps5a6ysutc.jpg
I know this is a very old post, I googled the product and this forum (that I'm already a member of) came up.

I bought the smoke sidemarkers for my Bullitt. Installed them in April 2020 and today this morning when I started the car I noticed smoke out of my rear taillights and a STRONG smell of burning plastic. As I'm typing this and have washed my hands plenty, it's all I can smell. It is FOUL.

The rear right sidemarker, the same product from Raxiom, went out. I checked it and it burnt up! First off, it was plugged in properly as it worked for nearly 10 months. There was no water damage nor physical damage, but it burnt up at the connection, frying itself to the original sidemarker plug and destroyed it.

I checked with the seller (American Muscle) and they said the seller has a 30 day warranty. What a joke. I requested a supervisor to contact me, because to me it is unacceptable to sell parts that don't even last a year and not cover them under warranty. I will update the feedback I receive, but to pay $80 for a pair of sidemarkers, that work and then all the sudden burn up my original plug is unacceptable.
I was told manager will call me between now and 4th of March. That's the kind of service and quality products you get.... Buyer beware.
Sponsored