Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
I think it will be a beast. But the 15-18's with FI are already pushing 650-800whp so comparing numbers does nothing. Lets see the lap time and driveability. That will reveal its true worth. imo. Can't wait!

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Not alone. Won't be giving up my 350 anytime soon for it. I'm sure performance is great, but not a fan of front or dial and DCT is show stopper for me. It's criminal to not at least offer a manual option on this car IMO.

I probably won't have the 350 forever either, but strongly believe it's the best looking and purest driver mustang that ever has or will be built. Sure, 500 will spank it, but FPC and 8250... when they announced it that was a car I knew I had to own in my lifetime. Not the same here, feels me too.

Probably more interested in Focus ST now that they're done. Those will be harder to find nice examples than a GT500 in a few years.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Donā€™t forget this car didnā€™t receive the DI/PI updates to the third gen coyote family. Itā€™s more of a second gen setup. So engine from 2015 too..

Iā€™m not disappointed, but Iā€™m not thrilled.

Iā€™m liking the 10.8@133 so far. I estimated it would be right around there months ago. Itā€™ll basically be a hair faster than an NA GT3 RS. Blazing quick really if you think about it.
Remember when we talked about this a year ago?
It was said that with mindshaft DAs and a perfect track (think demon hero run conditions) it could run lower 10. who knows, they may squeak out a little more HP when it's all said and done. I'm thinking we see some 10.5 time slips by the end of 2019.
that gets me excited and gives me a good understanding of where this may sit HP wise.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I can't agree more. When the 350 came out I remember people being upset it made such low numbers. But when you drive the 350 it's incredible.

These cars are about the experience. The exhaust , the pull of the engine , the handling. I bet Ford has made a more rounded package than they are getting credit for.

I'm getting sick of the whole stat game. Stop worrying about numbers and live in the real world.
Amen brotha!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Remember when we talked about this a year ago?
It was said that with mindshaft DAs and a perfect track (think demon hero run conditions) it could run lower 10. who knows, they may squeak out a little more HP when it's all said and done. I'm thinking we see some 10.5 time slips by the end of 2019.
that gets me excited and gives me a good understanding of where this may sit HP wise.
Yes in dec 2017. I just looked back :)

We had a gentlemenā€™s agreement and I said the car wonā€™t go faster than 10.5@135. You said several tenths quicker, in the 10.2 area and 9s with slicks.

Iā€™m still sticking to my guns, and in fact up it 0.1 to no better than 10.6. Still incredibly fast. Truly.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I donā€™t like the rims, and the rear end looks a little meh. Do I wish I could afford/have one?? :devil:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Strange to hear complaining about carry over design when the entire front end is different than any of the Mustangs released so far. Are we seriously whining about the headlights being re-used?

Also, if they have managed to combine the handling of the GT350 with the power of a Hellcat, I think the car will be fine. It doesn't matter if it is as fast as a ZL1 or not, as long as it is fun to drive. That is one thing this generation of Mustang has done very well IMO. It has captured the nostalgic, carefree, and fun feelings while still being a great modern car overall.

The Camaro definitely has the sportiness, but it also has a number of compromises in everyday livability.

The Challenger has the retro vibe nailed and the car is very livable, but it is also quite large and not nearly as nimble as the Mustang.

I love my GT350 and wouldn't replace it with a GT500 (especially one without a stick shift), but I am very excited to see if Ford was able to combine some of the great aspects of the GT350 with an even more insane power band.

As far as the Vette goes, it is a great car as well, but has a very different vibe than a Mustang. It's tough to go wrong with any of these vehicles, as long as you are honest with yourself about what you are looking for and choose accordingly.

-T

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
"It's nothing special"

OP has a GT that runs 11.80s.

Isn't it ironic
If your main focus is centered only around 0 to 60 times and quarter mile times then you are certainly missing the whole point of this car and suggest that it is not for you.

Hard to imagine that individuals interested and looking at the GT500 only consider straight line acceleration and suggest that a Demon or Hellcat is more suited to your liking.

When was the last time you saw a Demon or a Hellcat on a road course? That would be hilarious and an absolute embarrassment to the Mopar execs and enthusiasts,

:wink:

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
"It's nothing special"

OP has a GT that runs 11.80s.

Isn't it ironic
Yes, I know my car is slow. Take a look at my build and you will see my goal was to have a good all around car. My build is ready for more power now but I'm still deciding which way to go.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not sure I see where the Camaro has been "changing, releasing, modding"....
SS released in 2015 for 2016 model year. Unchanged until 2019 MY, per product plan. Drivetrain stays same since May 2015. ***EDIT*** Forgot that 2019 replaced 8AT with 10AT ****
ZL1 released in 2017 MY as planned. Only taillights changed in 2019 to be common with other models getting same taillight change. No drivetrain changes.
ZL1 1LE released in 2018 MY as planned. Only taillights changed in 2019 to be common with other models getting same taillight change. No drivetrain changes.
I bet you know the details more than I. I remember when the 1LE came out very quickly after the new model was released. Then the ZL1, then the ZL1 1LE.

Then there was a new front end created for the Camaro.

Then didn't Camaro do a facelift on their facelift?

Maybe it's just my perspective, but it seemed to me like the Camaro has gotten more changes lately.

I've been saying for a while that a big reason that the GT500 was so late is because the hype for the GT350 never really died. It wasn't necessarily that the car was that great... it was slower than the ZL1, and nowhere close to the ZL1 1LE... but the hype was alive and it was a good looking car, so the masses flocked to it.

But what I'm saying, is time catches up. If they want to wait until GT350 sales start dwindling to release the car, that's fine. But don't let it sit stale... give it the updated front end, give it an obscene amount of power, give it a rear mounted transaxle... just do something to show that you weren't just sitting in your hands the whole time letting the competition catch up (Similar to what Chevy did with the ZL1 1LE... they went all out to make sure it would be a force to be reckoned with rather than something that can be beat with a simple power bump)
The GT350 wasn't/isn't great, huh? I would just say that most car reviewers disagree with you. Yes, the ZL1 with 125 more HP was slightly faster on the road course, but the reviewers said they would prefer the Ford. And the ZL1 1LE was even faster, but very difficult to live with. The GT350R was said to be amazing and it won PCOTY, best driver's car, etc. So you want to say the largest displacement FPC V8 ever made is stale now after 3-4 years. Maybe it is to you, but for many people it isn't.

I want a transaxle too. That would be terrific. But we all have to keep it real. It's a Mustang and we want to pay a Mustang price for it. In order to make money Ford wants to keep costs down while beating the competition. Prices are already getting up there in my opinion.

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
From a comparative and logical stand point I'm guessing this car will be around 755 hp/660 tq.

trinity specs
5.8L 32 valve
9.5:1 compression
2.3L blower@14 psi
662hp
631tq
3871 lbs

predator specs
5.2L 32 valve
? compression
2.65L @12 psi
?hp
?tq
? lbs

I understand looks are subjective but I'm really struggling to understand the dissapointment arguments from some of you guys especially in regards to performance when we know it'll run sub 11's ( guessing 10.7-10.8) and mid 3's 0-60 although I think it'll be closer to 3.3-3.4. I think the DCT was the right choice as I think the power will be a little more manageble to harness for the average guy. And while I'm not comparing it to the huracan perfermante I had the chance to the to drive one with the 7 speed dct and it was hella fun to drive and I'm partial to manuals my self. I believe this car will be a monster. With a tire and gas this thing wont be far behind the demon. The only thing that worries me is the weight, With the added weight of the DCT and sc/coolers your looking at 300 lbs. The CF pieces will off set the added weight some but I can see it coming in at 4100-4200 lbs.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I bet you know the details more than I. I remember when the 1LE came out very quickly after the new model was released. Then the ZL1, then the ZL1 1LE.

Then there was a new front end created for the Camaro.

Then didn't Camaro do a facelift on their facelift?

Maybe it's just my perspective, but it seemed to me like the Camaro has gotten more changes lately.

ā€¦..
The 1LE / ZL1 / ZLE introductions were all planned and time launches, not reactions to what competitors are doing. Just looking at V8 cars, it's introduce mainstream car (SS) --> introduce track version of mainstream car (1LE) --> introduce high output model (ZL1) -->introduce "ultimate" car (ZLE).

Mustang parallel would be introduce mainstream car (GT) --> introduce Performance Packs (PP1 / PP2) --> introduce specialty version (Boss, Leguna Seca, Bullitt) --> introduce Shelby models.

The SEMA front end for the 2019 is a good example of a reactive tweak, though it is more a reaction to the customer base rejection of the mid-cycle design change than anything in the competitor arena.
Sponsored