UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Leaving tomorrow morning - so too late lol
Driving from Southern CA to Sedona AZ and back - weather looks beautiful with no chance or rain

Bringing - 2 quarts of oil (only owned car a few months- has not burned any oil yet- but have only put about 300 miles on it)
Wash/ Detail supplies (staying at buddies house in Sedona)
AAA card- because no spare

Wife will be following in her car with mountain bikes/ kids (although kids probably riding with me- I added back seats to my R) so will have a support vehicle if needed -

Why is wife driving a separate car? we want to bring mountain bikes- and my buddy and his family is meeting me at his house - his wife is driving her car with kids and he is bringing his 19 NSX- he knows some fun roads we can hit up with the cars

I thought about paying for different tires- but this will be a one time trip- and most of the time I will be driving the car 3K miles a year on the weekend - seemed like a waste to drop 1K plus on tires for a single trip -

Anyone have any experience doing long road trip in GT350R on Cup 2s?

Luckily these car have small gas tanks so Ill need to stop often/ get a break from the tramlining lol
Sponsored

Weather756

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Driving from Southern CA to Sedona AZ and back - weather looks beautiful with no chance or rain

Bringing - 2 quarts of oil (only owned car a few months- has not burned any oil yet- but have only put about 300 miles on it)

Wife will be following in her car with mountain bikes/ kids (although kids probably riding with me- I added back seats to my R) so will have a support vehicle if needed -

Why is wife driving a separate car? we want to bring mountain bikes- and my buddy and his family is meeting me at his house - his wife is driving her car with kids and he is bringing his 19 NSX- he knows some fun roads we can hit up with the cars

I thought about paying for different tires- but this will be a one time trip- and most of the time I will be driving the car 3K miles a year on the weekend - seemed like a waste to drop 1K plus on tires for a single trip -

Luckily these car have small gas tanks so Ill need to stop often/ get a break from the tramlining lol
Drove from NC to VT and back this past summer on cup 2's. Hit rain in West Virginia and Pennsylvania on the way up. Just took it easy no problems. Averaged about 21 mpg according cluster gauge. Total trip about 2,000 miles.

OP
OP

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Drove from NC to VT and back this past summer on cup 2's. Hit rain in West Virginia and Pennsylvania on the way up. Just took it easy no problems. Averaged about 21 mpg according cluster gauge. Total trip about 2,000 miles.
Nice! while 30 years from now Ill appreciate seeing a low mileage wrapper car- love seeing people use their 350s!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
My ‘19 GT350 SC2’s have a little different compound than the stock R’s of the same year.
That said, they are pretty close from what I understand. I would not hesitate on the trip you are contemplating. From what I’ve read, the CF wheels are tougher than most think. It‘s a pay to play thing.
I would pick up the spare wheel/tire from a couple suppliers though. Mine sits in the garage until I take an out of town trip.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I picked my car up in New Orleans and drove it back to Boston. No issues. Not a ride I'd look forward to doing again though. Grab some Trak Tape to put on some of the more chip prone parts of the car.

OP
OP

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I picked my car up in New Orleans and drove it back to Boston. No issues. Not a ride I'd look forward to doing again though. Grab some Trak Tape to put on some of the more chip prone parts of the car.
Luckily I just added PPF : )

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You'll be fine, just watch for any heavy down pours and stay within yourself and the road conditions. I drove mine home from Indiana in January with temps hovering between 38-43 degrees. Thankfully no snow or rain, but I drove like a granny.

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
Good for you on actually using your car. I've always been on road trips where I wish I was driving my car but can't because I need to take the family. I wouldn't take 2 cars because that'd be a waste. However, you got a buddy that wants to meet up and do the same thing so that's a great excuse to be wasteful! I'm not being facetious at all. I need more friends with cool cars.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door

NOT crazy.....Enjoy the ride. The perfect set up with a support vehicle right behind you. Well, way behind in some cases.....

Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Back in June I drove my 2020 GT350?from Boston to road America in Wisconsin, 1200 miles each way, and did a 3 day open track event.

tires were fine on the way out but in obvious need of replacement when I got home 11 days later…

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
450 miles so far...80mph with ac on....says average is 22.3 mpg.... not bad
Man that’s impressive MPG. I’ve yet to break 13mpg, just can’t keep my foo out of it.
Then again I’ve not had my better half dogging me in a chase vehicle either.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Personally I would use a 2nd set of wheels and tires for road trips, unless the purpose of the road trip is to go to and drive on fun roads like the tail of the dragon etc.

Just read more of your post and it looks like you will have some fun roads to drive on, in that case I guess I would go with the good wheels
Sponsored